Akebono Corporation (North America)
www.akebonobrakes.com Elizabethtown, KY 1000 to 5000 Employees

Relevance Date Difficulty

Quality Engineer Interview

Quality Engineer
Clarksville, TN

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 2 days - interviewed at Akebono Corporation (North America) in March 2012.

Interview Details – Very friendly, after a general overview on the phone, asked to come in for multiple 1:1 interviews. They gave a nice tour. They had a new Quality Manager and new Japanese owners (formerly a Bosch facility)

All the staff seemed very nice. If I was to say one thing they needed to do to improve the process is to tell interviewers not to show up in a suit. The facility is very dirty due to the processes involved.

Other than that I found them a very positive experience.

Interview Question – Do you like to manage equipment or people   View Answer

Engineering Interview

Engineering

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at Akebono Corporation (North America) in March 2012.

Interview Details – Had a phone interview with the manager and really casual, no difficult questions. The manager just wanted to see if you fit in

Interview Question – randomly throw in some physics questions such as energy for a moving car   Answer Question

Engineering Interview

Engineering

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at Akebono Corporation (North America) in February 2012.

Interview Details – I received a call and set up an interview for the next week. I had 3 interviews, all around 45 minutes each. The first was with a manager, then someone I would be working alongside with. They asked me a series of technical and behavioral questions. The last interview was very basic, mostly telling me what benefits they offered if I was offered the job. I felt like I was pretty confident leaving the interview. However, I STILL haven't gotten a call saying I wasn't going to be offered a job, and it's been almost a month. About a week later, I got an email from a recruiting agency telling me about a potential job in the same area... turns out it was the same job, they just hired a recruiting agency to find someone. Real cool, so not only do I not receive a call, but then a headhunter tries to get me a job at the place I just interviewed for! The position is still posted online too......

Interview Question – would you expect something's modulus to change after heat treatment?   View Answer

Flag Interview  |  Add Employer Response

Worked for Akebono Corporation (North America)? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Akebono Corporation (North America) interview questions and advice. All 3 interview reviews posted anonymously by Akebono Corporation (North America) employees and interview candidates.