Aker Solutions Interview Questions

Updated Aug 12, 2015

Service Technician Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Aker Solutions (Houston, TX).

Interview

Asked lots of troubleshooting questions.......they are the best of the best. When it comes to troubleshooting. Once on job they expect you to already know their product lines.....lol ,....... not much on job training. you have to really be a expert.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

They will try to low ball you some....you have to do research...... and know industry standards...... they actually pay the best...... however they expect you to be and ace technician

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Aker Solutions in April 2015.

Interview

I was recruited from my LinkedIn profile by a recruiter, couple of phone screens, job looked promising, esp. as it paid more than 20k more than my current job. After phone interview with the hiring manager, radio silence for over 2 weeks before finally getting a rejection e-mail. Which I replied to with "thanks for the timely e-mail; Having not heard from you for over 2 weeks, I assumed I did not get the job". Communication could have been a lot better. But, I didn't apply, I was recruited. so whatever....

Engineer I Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Aker Solutions (Houston, TX).

Interview

The company interview process included a phone interview, a full college day where all college applicants were given a presentation and choice of which department to interview in, a first interview with the department of choice, an IQ test, and a second interview with a specific group in the department.

Quality Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Aker Solutions (Houston, TX).

Interview

The interview process went smoothly. I was contacted by HR to schedule an interview with the Manager onsite. He had a scripted interview question packet. It was very formal. He asked about past work experience and I had to give some examples to show how those experiences related to quality.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

They did not negotiate on anything. The only thing I did not like about the process.

Designer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Aker Solutions (Houston, TX).

Interview

The interview process was fairly straightforward. This occurred several years ago and the process has changed. Back then, it was a matter of asking about your previous work experiences. Now, the questions are more behavioral based. The questions are a bit more though-provoking if you are interviewing for a managerial position.

Interview Questions

• You will most likely be asked about any difficult work situation that you've encountered and how you handled it. The answer you provide is really to see how you handle less than ideal situations, since you will probably encounter a few challenges along the way. The answer will be tough if you've never really had any challenges or difficult situations at your previous job, or any others in the past. Some managers (like me) will ask questions that try to delve into the interviewee's personality. Experience can come along with the role, but sometimes I really want a true team player who can learn and grow.   Answer Question

Engineering Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 6+ weeks. I interviewed at Aker Solutions (Houston, TX) in June 2010.

Interview

The company has a very robust system for hiring know as RMS and helps all the hiring Managers define the requirments for the new positions, keep track of interviews, organize the resumes of the candidates, make recommendations to hire or not. The interview is planned with 2 different managers and they explore the technical and soft skills during the interview.

Interview Questions

• Questions regarding why left the previous company is always difficult and requires measure carefully what we are saying.   1 Answer

Negotiation

Very simple and fast.

Graduate Engineer (Process) Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Aker Solutions (London, England (UK)) in February 2015.

Interview

Very friendly assessment centre. Two interviews: 1 HR (going over the CV, why aker, etc) and 1 "technical". Then a group exercise..easy.. and then a 5 minute presentation on something I am passionate about: hint, talk about a hobby;they appreciate an interesting presentation. Heads up: I received an offer which was withdrawn 2 weeks later as they decided not to hire (crude price effect kicking in). Be careful if you are just going for contractors

Interview Questions

• no technical questions: talked about my internship experiences and then the manager described the role i would have   Answer Question

Senior Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Aker Solutions.

Interview

2 interviews - 1st Technical , 2nd HR. Technical round would be limited to your experience and its relevance to the applied position. HR would focus on gauging your beavioural assets to Aker's values with special focus on hands-on management, multi-cultural sensitivity and transparency.

Placement Student Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Aker Solutions.

Interview

For an Engineering position First interview involved a 5 minute presentation about myself. Timing is strict so make sure you don't go over the 5 minute mark. From previous interview experience I structured it like this: Brief introduction of myself and current academic position, my passion/interests that fueled the pursuit of my course choice and the job discipline. -Brief outline of achievements and competency skills gained from employment. -1 group and 1 individual project example using STAR approach, and a sentence at the end on what I could have done better if I had repeated these projects. -Extra-curricular experience and activities/hobbies, what you do in your spare time, during summer, do you read any newsletters, unrelated interests such as music, languages etc. Continuously relate each point to how it can benefit you in the job either competently or technically. (read what they would require you to do in the job description and relate it) Second interview was informal, about an hour, competency based, which involved a more in-depth talk about some group projects at University. Provide some handouts if you can of a project that you did and harp on about what you enjoyed most and least, and what you could have done to improve. Time management is good to mention. Research into the company, what things are going on project wise, organisation wise, industry prospects. Learn a bit about the system architecture.

Interview Questions

• If there are technical questions it can sometimes be pressure-related physics questions. Know your units and basic formulas.   Answer Question

Design Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mumbai (India)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Aker Solutions (Mumbai (India)).

Interview

Was interviewed as a trainee. They made me felt comfortable even when I answered wrongly.