Aker Solutions Interview Questions

Updated Oct 10, 2014

3.2

Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mumbai (India)

I applied through college or university. The process took a dayinterviewed at Aker Solutions in November 2010.

Campus Interview, First selection based on Aggregates, then MCQ Test having both Technical and non technical Questions, then Interview.

Interview Questions
    • What would you do if the project manager asks you for some information on your Project which you are not aware of, in a Client Meeting. Would u say something like "I dont know" or "Will get back to u", etc   Answer Question

Graduate Talent Programmer Interview

I applied online. The process took 6 weeksinterviewed at Aker Solutions in December 2012.

Good initial communication, answered emails quickly. It is slightly obnoxious that you physically have to fill in all info from your CV on their own Easycruiter database - this took a lot of time, and the system is a bit unorganised and complicated. Why not just hire that extra HR person to screen the CV's and cover letters as they are - it is a bit more work for them but makes things a lot more convenient for the applicants.

I went through three online SHL tests (verbal, numerical and competency) before having my phone interview which was made by an external recruiter agency. It lasted about 45-60 minutes and was competency based. Friendly interviewer.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about a time where you had to change the opinion of a group that was initially against your idea.   Answer Question

Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Klang (Malaysia)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Klang (Malaysia)

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Aker Solutions.

total of 2 interviews with the Lead and Manager. CV will be screen through by HR before submitting this to the department head for interview arrangement. Min requirement is Degree.

Process Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Kuala Lumpur (Malaysia)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Kuala Lumpur (Malaysia)

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a weekinterviewed at Aker Solutions in December 2010.

There is only 1 stage of interview to go through. Normally, HR will call for interview and the interviewer will be the respective department manager. As for myself, there is no technical question during the interview. It was more to personality criteria. Since we have the qualification (degree, diploma, etc), technical criteria is considered pass already.

Interview Questions
    • Question that is too subjective which do not have correct or wrong answer.   Answer Question

Design Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mumbai (India)

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a dayinterviewed at Aker Solutions.

Was interviewed as a trainee. They made me felt comfortable even when I answered wrongly.

Pipe Stress Engineer Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ monthsinterviewed at Aker Solutions in October 2013.

Telephonic/Skype interview , mainly on technical points related to pipe stress, FPSO , fixed Platform , Pipe Design Philosphy , Good knowledge of Caesar II Process Piping Code B31.3 Latest version and similar codes and standards need to have

Interview Questions
    • Good Idea of Previous project , specially of offshre Pipeing   Answer Question

Quality Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

I applied online. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Aker Solutions.

The interview process went smoothly. I was contacted by HR to schedule an interview with the Manager onsite. He had a scripted interview question packet. It was very formal. He asked about past work experience and I had to give some examples to show how those experiences related to quality.

Interview Questions
    They did not negotiate on anything. The only thing I did not like about the process.

Placement Student Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Aker Solutions.

For an Engineering position

First interview involved a 5 minute presentation about myself. Timing is strict so make sure you don't go over the 5 minute mark. From previous interview experience I structured it like this:
    Brief introduction of myself and current academic position, my passion/interests that fueled the pursuit of my course choice and the job discipline.
    -Brief outline of achievements and competency skills gained from employment.
    -1 group and 1 individual project example using STAR approach, and a sentence at the end on what I could have done better if I had repeated these projects.
    -Extra-curricular experience and activities/hobbies, what you do in your spare time, during summer, do you read any newsletters, unrelated interests such as music, languages etc.
    Continuously relate each point to how it can benefit you in the job either competently or technically. (read what they would require you to do in the job description and relate it)

Second interview was informal, about an hour, competency based, which involved a more in-depth talk about some group projects at University. Provide some handouts if you can of a project that you did and harp on about what you enjoyed most and least, and what you could have done to improve. Time management is good to mention.

Research into the company, what things are going on project wise, organisation wise, industry prospects. Learn a bit about the system architecture.

Interview Questions
    • If there are technical questions it can sometimes be pressure-related physics questions. Know your units and basic formulas.   Answer Question

Design Engineer Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Aker Solutions in March 2013.

Initially a telephonic interview was conducted .based on the telephonic interview i was invited for a face to face interview and a practical software test which lasted up to 3 hrs

Senior Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mumbai (India)

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a dayinterviewed at Aker Solutions in September 2009.

I was absorbed as a graduate trainee. The first stage of the interview (as a trainee) was a basic technical aptitude test which covered the basics of my degree. After the aptitude test was a single round of interview which was mainly directed at my plans, my expectations regarding a career.

Interview Questions
    • All questions were quite basic since I was recruited as a fresher.   Answer Question
    I was offered a fixed stipend as a trainee.