Aker Solutions Interview Questions

Updated Oct 10, 2014
Updated Oct 10, 2014

3.2

Graduate Engineer Interview

The application process started with online application on its website. I was invited to an interview 2 weeks after. They have prepared a list of questions to ask the interviee. chatting style interview through which they can have some knowledge about your personality, academics.

Engineer Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Aker Solutions.

Full day of presentations about company and business units , included a networking lunch and then a panel interview. Everyone was nice and the questions asked were behavioral type questions. Interview lasted about 25 min.

Lifecycle Support Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Aberdeen, Scotland (UK)

I applied online – interviewed at Aker Solutions in March 2013.

The info sent out, stated one hour technical and 1.5 hour behavioral interview then emailed to say they wished to do an initial telephone interview which lasted 20 mins - which involved me going over my cv.

They then sent me a Thomas psychometric profiling questionnaire.

On attending subsequent onsite interview I was given a behavioral interview based on the Thomas Qr (by a young lady no more than 22 yr accompanied with two managers who said very little) instead of the stated technical interview which I hadn't prepared for. The interview bombed.

In addition, they waited 10 days before they slipped in the rejection email which they could have done on the afternoon after the interview.

Finally, I drove 4 hours there and back (400 mls) at considerable expense to myself and yet this company with its billion (£) annual profits didn't even offer to pay travel costs.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me a situation where you were critized and a situation where you critized a colleague.   View Answer

Electrical Technician Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Aberdeen, Scotland (UK)

I applied through a recruiter – interviewed at Aker Solutions in August 2013.

Two hour job interview on site with a technical manager, and an HR assistant then a walk around of the workshop.

First of all, the interview started 20 minutes late due to Aker.

For the first hour and a half the manager went over the role and asked limited complexity technical questions about my background, then the HR guy - who looked uninterested throughout - asked some behavioural questions.

On completion of interview there was no "next step" or timeline on the decision. Instead the HR guy just slipped off without a word leaving me with the manager to show me around. That was the last time I heard from Aker - they didn't even have the courtesy or the integrity to notify me as to their decision - despite having my email address - which is rather dispiriting since I drove 8 hours that day to attend the interview ( I have since heard from others, Aker ONLY respond if the job is offered). It should also be pointed out that the actual job function was misrepresented and didn't bear much relation to job specification sent out - it was a much lower level position than what I was led to believe .

Overall, I found the process disappointing and dispiriting and do not recommend this company to others thinking of applying. Neither interviewers displayed professional outlook - the HR guy obviously bored and the manager didn't give the impression he knew his remit or organised enough to take the interview.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me a situation where you had to solve a difficult problem ?   View Answer

Drafts Man Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mumbai (India)

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a weekinterviewed at Aker Solutions in June 2012.

Through references only & on contract

Field Service Technician Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Erkelenz (Germany)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Erkelenz (Germany)

interviewed at Aker Solutions in March 2013.

Hired over their website. CV and certificates added as PDF. Interview was proceeded with 2 people, my actual boss and his assistance. Some technical questions were asked. More or less easy hydraulical & electrical stuff. Later on he led me through the factory.

Quality Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

I applied online. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Aker Solutions.

The interview process went smoothly. I was contacted by HR to schedule an interview with the Manager onsite. He had a scripted interview question packet. It was very formal. He asked about past work experience and I had to give some examples to show how those experiences related to quality.

Interview Questions
    They did not negotiate on anything. The only thing I did not like about the process.

Placement Student Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Aker Solutions.

For an Engineering position

First interview involved a 5 minute presentation about myself. Timing is strict so make sure you don't go over the 5 minute mark. From previous interview experience I structured it like this:
    Brief introduction of myself and current academic position, my passion/interests that fueled the pursuit of my course choice and the job discipline.
    -Brief outline of achievements and competency skills gained from employment.
    -1 group and 1 individual project example using STAR approach, and a sentence at the end on what I could have done better if I had repeated these projects.
    -Extra-curricular experience and activities/hobbies, what you do in your spare time, during summer, do you read any newsletters, unrelated interests such as music, languages etc.
    Continuously relate each point to how it can benefit you in the job either competently or technically. (read what they would require you to do in the job description and relate it)

Second interview was informal, about an hour, competency based, which involved a more in-depth talk about some group projects at University. Provide some handouts if you can of a project that you did and harp on about what you enjoyed most and least, and what you could have done to improve. Time management is good to mention.

Research into the company, what things are going on project wise, organisation wise, industry prospects. Learn a bit about the system architecture.

Interview Questions
    • If there are technical questions it can sometimes be pressure-related physics questions. Know your units and basic formulas.   Answer Question

Design Engineer Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Aker Solutions in March 2013.

Initially a telephonic interview was conducted .based on the telephonic interview i was invited for a face to face interview and a practical software test which lasted up to 3 hrs

Senior Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mumbai (India)

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a dayinterviewed at Aker Solutions in September 2009.

I was absorbed as a graduate trainee. The first stage of the interview (as a trainee) was a basic technical aptitude test which covered the basics of my degree. After the aptitude test was a single round of interview which was mainly directed at my plans, my expectations regarding a career.

Interview Questions
    • All questions were quite basic since I was recruited as a fresher.   Answer Question
    I was offered a fixed stipend as a trainee.