Aker Solutions

Updated Oct 10, 2014
Updated Oct 10, 2014

3.2

Pipe Stress Engineer Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ monthsinterviewed at Aker Solutions in October 2013.

Telephonic/Skype interview , mainly on technical points related to pipe stress, FPSO , fixed Platform , Pipe Design Philosphy , Good knowledge of Caesar II Process Piping Code B31.3 Latest version and similar codes and standards need to have

Interview Questions
    • Good Idea of Previous project , specially of offshre Pipeing   Answer Question

Design Engineer Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Aker Solutions in March 2013.

Initially a telephonic interview was conducted .based on the telephonic interview i was invited for a face to face interview and a practical software test which lasted up to 3 hrs

Placement Student Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Aker Solutions.

For an Engineering position

First interview involved a 5 minute presentation about myself. Timing is strict so make sure you don't go over the 5 minute mark. From previous interview experience I structured it like this:
    Brief introduction of myself and current academic position, my passion/interests that fueled the pursuit of my course choice and the job discipline.
    -Brief outline of achievements and competency skills gained from employment.
    -1 group and 1 individual project example using STAR approach, and a sentence at the end on what I could have done better if I had repeated these projects.
    -Extra-curricular experience and activities/hobbies, what you do in your spare time, during summer, do you read any newsletters, unrelated interests such as music, languages etc.
    Continuously relate each point to how it can benefit you in the job either competently or technically. (read what they would require you to do in the job description and relate it)

Second interview was informal, about an hour, competency based, which involved a more in-depth talk about some group projects at University. Provide some handouts if you can of a project that you did and harp on about what you enjoyed most and least, and what you could have done to improve. Time management is good to mention.

Research into the company, what things are going on project wise, organisation wise, industry prospects. Learn a bit about the system architecture.

Interview Questions
    • If there are technical questions it can sometimes be pressure-related physics questions. Know your units and basic formulas.   Answer Question

Quality Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

I applied online. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Aker Solutions.

The interview process went smoothly. I was contacted by HR to schedule an interview with the Manager onsite. He had a scripted interview question packet. It was very formal. He asked about past work experience and I had to give some examples to show how those experiences related to quality.

Interview Questions
    They did not negotiate on anything. The only thing I did not like about the process.

Field Service Technician Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Erkelenz (Germany)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Erkelenz (Germany)

interviewed at Aker Solutions in March 2013.

Hired over their website. CV and certificates added as PDF. Interview was proceeded with 2 people, my actual boss and his assistance. Some technical questions were asked. More or less easy hydraulical & electrical stuff. Later on he led me through the factory.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mumbai (India)

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a dayinterviewed at Aker Solutions.

Was interviewed as a trainee. They made me felt comfortable even when I answered wrongly.

Design Engineer Interview

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Aker Solutions.

Basic questions about personal experience in the past.
    Specific questions about sofewares known to use.
    Some tech problem questions ask how to solve.

Interview Questions
    • Some tech problem questions ask how to solve.
      What happen if a wrong version of spec being worked on?
        Answer Question

Engineering Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

I applied online. The process took 6+ weeksinterviewed at Aker Solutions in June 2010.

The company has a very robust system for hiring know as RMS and helps all the hiring Managers define the requirments for the new positions, keep track of interviews, organize the resumes of the candidates, make recommendations to hire or not. The interview is planned with 2 different managers and they explore the technical and soft skills during the interview.

Interview Questions
    • Questions regarding why left the previous company is always difficult and requires measure carefully what we are saying.   View Answer
    Very simple and fast.

Senior Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mumbai (India)

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a dayinterviewed at Aker Solutions in September 2009.

I was absorbed as a graduate trainee. The first stage of the interview (as a trainee) was a basic technical aptitude test which covered the basics of my degree. After the aptitude test was a single round of interview which was mainly directed at my plans, my expectations regarding a career.

Interview Questions
    • All questions were quite basic since I was recruited as a fresher.   Answer Question
    I was offered a fixed stipend as a trainee.

Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Klang (Malaysia)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Klang (Malaysia)

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Aker Solutions.

total of 2 interviews with the Lead and Manager. CV will be screen through by HR before submitting this to the department head for interview arrangement. Min requirement is Degree.