Aker Solutions

18 candidate interviews

Design Engineer Interview

Design Engineer
Mumbai (India)

I applied through an employee referral and the process took a day - interviewed at Aker Solutions.

Interview Details – Was interviewed as a trainee. They made me felt comfortable even when I answered wrongly.

Interview Question – Where do you see yourself in 5 years?   Answer Question

Design Engineer Interview

Design Engineer

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Aker Solutions.

Interview Details – Basic questions about personal experience in the past.
Specific questions about sofewares known to use.
Some tech problem questions ask how to solve.

Interview Question – Some tech problem questions ask how to solve.
What happen if a wrong version of spec being worked on?
  Answer Question

Engineering Manager Interview

Engineering Manager
Houston, TX

I applied online and the process took 6+ weeks - interviewed at Aker Solutions in June 2010.

Interview Details – The company has a very robust system for hiring know as RMS and helps all the hiring Managers define the requirments for the new positions, keep track of interviews, organize the resumes of the candidates, make recommendations to hire or not. The interview is planned with 2 different managers and they explore the technical and soft skills during the interview.

Interview Question – Questions regarding why left the previous company is always difficult and requires measure carefully what we are saying.   View Answer

Negotiation Details – Very simple and fast.

We want your feedback – Is this interview information helpful to you?  Yes | No

Senior Engineer Interview

Senior Engineer
Mumbai (India)

I applied through an employee referral and the process took a day - interviewed at Aker Solutions in September 2009.

Interview Details – I was absorbed as a graduate trainee. The first stage of the interview (as a trainee) was a basic technical aptitude test which covered the basics of my degree. After the aptitude test was a single round of interview which was mainly directed at my plans, my expectations regarding a career.

Interview Question – All questions were quite basic since I was recruited as a fresher.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – I was offered a fixed stipend as a trainee.

Project Manager Interview

Project Manager
Klang (Malaysia)

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 4 weeks - interviewed at Aker Solutions.

Interview Details – total of 2 interviews with the Lead and Manager. CV will be screen through by HR before submitting this to the department head for interview arrangement. Min requirement is Degree.

Interview Question – How to get particular job moving?   Answer Question

Electrical Technician Interview

Electrical Technician
Aberdeen, Scotland (UK)

I applied through a recruiter - interviewed at Aker Solutions in August 2013.

Interview Details – Two hour job interview on site with a technical manager, and an HR assistant then a walk around of the workshop.

First of all, the interview started 20 minutes late due to Aker.

For the first hour and a half the manager went over the role and asked limited complexity technical questions about my background, then the HR guy - who looked uninterested throughout - asked some behavioural questions.

On completion of interview there was no "next step" or timeline on the decision. Instead the HR guy just slipped off without a word leaving me with the manager to show me around. That was the last time I heard from Aker - they didn't even have the courtesy or the integrity to notify me as to their decision - despite having my email address - which is rather dispiriting since I drove 8 hours that day to attend the interview ( I have since heard from others, Aker ONLY respond if the job is offered). It should also be pointed out that the actual job function was misrepresented and didn't bear much relation to job specification sent out - it was a much lower level position than what I was led to believe .

Overall, I found the process disappointing and dispiriting and do not recommend this company to others thinking of applying. Neither interviewers displayed professional outlook - the HR guy obviously bored and the manager didn't give the impression he knew his remit or organised enough to take the interview.

Interview Question – Tell me a situation where you had to solve a difficult problem ?   View Answer

Lifecycle Support Engineer Interview

Lifecycle Support Engineer
Aberdeen, Scotland (UK)

I applied online - interviewed at Aker Solutions in March 2013.

Interview Details – The info sent out, stated one hour technical and 1.5 hour behavioral interview then emailed to say they wished to do an initial telephone interview which lasted 20 mins - which involved me going over my cv.

They then sent me a Thomas psychometric profiling questionnaire.

On attending subsequent onsite interview I was given a behavioral interview based on the Thomas Qr (by a young lady no more than 22 yr accompanied with two managers who said very little) instead of the stated technical interview which I hadn't prepared for. The interview bombed.

In addition, they waited 10 days before they slipped in the rejection email which they could have done on the afternoon after the interview.

Finally, I drove 4 hours there and back (400 mls) at considerable expense to myself and yet this company with its billion (£) annual profits didn't even offer to pay travel costs.

Interview Question – Tell me a situation where you were critized and a situation where you critized a colleague.   View Answer

Designer Interview

Designer
Houston, TX

Interview Details – The interview process was fairly straightforward. This occurred several years ago and the process has changed. Back then, it was a matter of asking about your previous work experiences. Now, the questions are more behavioral based. The questions are a bit more though-provoking if you are interviewing for a managerial position.

Interview Question – You will most likely be asked about any difficult work situation that you've encountered and how you handled it. The answer you provide is really to see how you handle less than ideal situations, since you will probably encounter a few challenges along the way. The answer will be tough if you've never really had any challenges or difficult situations at your previous job, or any others in the past. Some managers (like me) will ask questions that try to delve into the interviewee's personality. Experience can come along with the role, but sometimes I really want a true team player who can learn and grow.   Answer Question

Trainee Engineer Interview

Trainee Engineer
Mumbai (India)

I applied through college or university and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Aker Solutions in October 2010.

Interview Details – Round of selection process starting from group quiz, then technical interview and finally personal interview.

Interview Question – None   Answer Question

Graduate Talent Programmer Interview

Graduate Talent Programmer

I applied online and the process took 6 weeks - interviewed at Aker Solutions in December 2012.

Interview Details – Good initial communication, answered emails quickly. It is slightly obnoxious that you physically have to fill in all info from your CV on their own Easycruiter database - this took a lot of time, and the system is a bit unorganised and complicated. Why not just hire that extra HR person to screen the CV's and cover letters as they are - it is a bit more work for them but makes things a lot more convenient for the applicants.

I went through three online SHL tests (verbal, numerical and competency) before having my phone interview which was made by an external recruiter agency. It lasted about 45-60 minutes and was competency based. Friendly interviewer.

Interview Question – Tell me about a time where you had to change the opinion of a group that was initially against your idea.   Answer Question

Interviews for Top Jobs at Aker Solutions

Worked for Aker Solutions? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Aker Solutions interview questions and advice. All 18 interview reviews posted anonymously by Aker Solutions employees and interview candidates.