Akraya Interview Questions

Updated Apr 8, 2015

Administrative Assistant III Interview

Interview

The interview process was good. It was over the phone and was very professional. I also interviewed in person with the company I worked for as well as part of the interview process.

Business Systems Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Akraya (Boston, MA) in January 2015.

Interview

Got a call out of the blue from one of their recruiters. She was hard to understand and quick to move on. She asked my current salary and put me forward as a consultant. Unfortunately when I gave her the salary required- that was my salary for full time position with benefits, not as a employee for hire no benefits, so the position didn't work out.

Interview Questions

• What was my time frame for hiring.   1 Answer

Project Manager I Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hopkinton, MA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Akraya (Hopkinton, MA) in November 2014.

Interview

Was submitted by Akraya for a Project Manager I position with VMWare (EMC Corporation). Akraya's submitting process was that of any other typical contracting company. They started to really show interest in me when their client (VMWare) showed interest in me. In the beginning it was a bit disorganized, confusion with phone and in person interview times because I am in Boston and they are a company based in California. They did follow up a lot though, and tried to work with me and their client. After the 3rd interview, and once I got the job, they did follow up and let me know within 20 minutes of my last phone interview. Also they got all employment documents to me the same business day.

Interview Questions

• I wasn't really interviewed by Akraya, other than to ask about my background and to see if I thought I would be a good fit for the position they expressed interest in me for.   Answer Question

Negotiation

I was asked before I even began the interview process my salary requirements, as salary requirements are needed for a contracting company to submit a person for a job.

Marketing Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Santa Clara, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at Akraya (Santa Clara, CA) in September 2014.

Interview

I was thrilled with the interview process at Akraya. It was fast, efficient and well-organized.

I met with the hiring manager on a Tuesday, the CEO on that Friday and by the following week, they had arranged a tag-team interview with the rest of executive management (4 individuals) and the Marketing Coordinator. From beginning to end, the process was about a two and a half weeks.

The CEO gave me an overview of the position so detailed that I was literally *set up* for success by the time the tag-team interviews were scheduled. Everyone in the tag-team was very respectful of my time and asked a lot of really smart questions.

My recruiter was Inderjeet (but shortened to sound like Ender) and I really looked forward to his calls. He was professional and very forthcoming with information when I asked for more details about the company.

Akraya is growing FAST and the changes that come with that level of growth are really challenging. The company is establishing processes and procedures that optimize business and bringing it up to speed for its anticipated growth.

I don't fault anyone for leaving, because this level of change is hard for many people. And I certainly can't complain since they've vacated such an amazing Marketing Manager position!

Interview Questions

• What is the hardest part about working for YOU?   1 Answer

Negotiation

Salary negotiation was simple. I got what I wanted and what I knew I was worth.

Confidential Interview

Application

The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Akraya in July 2014.

Interview

As mentioned in other reviews here, the new CEO is condescending and not very pleasant. He seems to care only about numbers and doing things his way, completely discounting any ideas I brought up during the interview. It often felt as if he was trying to prove he was somehow more knowledgeable than me. Others in the company seemed very pleasant however.

Management and Later Technical Interview

Anonymous Employee in Sunnyvale, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter – interviewed at Akraya (Sunnyvale, CA) in April 2012.

Interview

Recruiters emailed me about a contract role. After submitting my resume, he spoke with and offered me $2/hr less than the original quoted rate. I went along with it but I never heard back from him. When I followed up, I was told that the client withdrew the requisition.

Later another recruiter emailed me about a technical job. Recruiter complemented my expertise too. I positively replied but I never heard back ever!

I researched and found out that they create jobs for visa holders and you can see their profile on myvisajobs.com.

Marketing Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sunnyvale, CA

Application

The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Akraya (Sunnyvale, CA) in February 2010.

Interview

In-depth, "Google-style" interview process with several members of the team and from all departments. Gave me a good insight into how the company works and the levels of hierarchy.

Interview Questions

• What would you change on our website to make it better?   Answer Question

Recruiter Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sunnyvale, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Akraya (Sunnyvale, CA) in March 2008.

Interview

The hiring process was very neat, I applied through internal referral program and I was called for a phone conversation was asked to come by to meet the team. I went over for a 4 hr interview and met with senior folks and team members. Within a week I got possitive response from them and I have been here since then - for past 5 years.

Interview Questions

• I joined here as intern, hence advanced recruiting questions were difficult for me.   Answer Question

Negotiation

Again it was a smooth phase and I was offered a good deal, where I negotiated a small part of it and it was fine with them,

Resource Manager Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at Akraya in September 2012.

Interview

Telephonic Interview with Director and Recruiting Manager

Interview Questions

• Why do you think client like ERP professionals from big 4?   Answer Question