Akzo Nobel Decorative Paints

Updated Dec 24, 2014
Updated Dec 24, 2014

2.9

Manufacturing/Production Supervisor Interview

Had to interview with several leaders, and at the end of that process you come back to a board room with the leaders, and they all evaluate and ask question about your experience.

Interview Questions
    • What has been your hardest challenge as being a leader...   Answer Question

Customer Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Miami, OK
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Miami, OK

I applied online. The process took 5 weeksinterviewed at Akzo Nobel Decorative Paints.

I applied online, 2-3 days later, I got a call from the territory manager. The interview consisted of 2 separate phone calls, and later a drug test. I was hired on quickly, but didn't start working for almost a month.

Interview Questions
    • What are you strengths and weaknesses?   View Answer

Scientist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Strongsville, OH
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Strongsville, OH

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at Akzo Nobel Decorative Paints in December 2010.

At first, they wanted to bring me in for a site interview, but since I am a 7-hour drive away they opted for a phone interview. I interviewed with 3 people for about 45 minutes each. Overall, they were pleasant to speak with. One of them did use the cliche questions like "What's your biggest weakness" and "Describe a time you had a professional conflict..."

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about a time you were tempted or pressured to do something unethical.   View Answer
    • What's your biggest weakness?   View Answer

Sales Representative Interview

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Akzo Nobel Decorative Paints in January 2009.

Informal sitdown with local DM... lengthy background check took almost 2 months to clear

Interview Questions
    Unable to negotiate at time of offer, but later negotiated 2 raises in a 2 year period

Business Development Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Akzo Nobel Decorative Paints in February 2008.

laid back and straight forward. one face to face interview before job offer. i have talked with peers who had a more intense experience, depends on the interviewing supervisor is. be prepared to explain your sales style and explain how you manage your time and approach. the manager responded with an offer within one week. i asked for a couple of days to consider the offer and was allowed that.

Interview Questions
    • nothing out of the ordinary or all that difficult. ability to think on your feet and craft responses on the fly is a plus.   Answer Question
    not much room for negotiation

Regional Manager Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Akzo Nobel Decorative Paints.

Very quick, went through 3 interviews. First with the hiring manager, then with the global head in the UK followed by HR. The entire process was completed in 3 weeks - very fast and efficient. Everything was well organised and the overall experience was positive. The offer was also good so there was no need to negotiate further.

The offer was good so there was no need to negotiate further

Chemist Interview

Was interviewed by 1 HR and 1 technical head. Questions mainly about technical background, seems to be looking for candidate who is analytical and has innovation, give a situation when you came up with a new idea/past project experience.

Interview Questions
    • What were the day to day activities and duties like when you were working at XX?   Answer Question

Business Development Representative Interview

I applied through an employee referral – interviewed at Akzo Nobel Decorative Paints.

I knew someone who knew someone. Networking so to speak. I interview with a District Mgr.. twice and a regional mgr. once. Interview was informal but detailed. This was 10 years ago. Interviewing has changed quite a bit over the years and has become more difficult. Experience cost more than education from what I am noticing.

Interview Questions
    • At the time My sales experience was the building industry in general so I couldn't speak paint specifics such as chemical composition. So I had to focus on the market and how well I knew it, and that I would be essentially selling to the same known clients. I emphasized that I was a quick learner..   Answer Question
    It wasn't in my favor simple because my experience level was not there. that's ok because it is now.

Supply Chain and Demand Planner Interview

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Akzo Nobel Decorative Paints in February 2011.

At first the process seems to be very structured. Then when I had the first interview a coordinator told me that I had another interview two hours later the same day. I had to cancel other appointments to spend two hours in the lobby waiting for another interview that I was not informed.
    I was interviewed 1:1 by staff members 5 in total. Then I was called for a group interview with the GM, HRM, and CFM and the same day informded that another staff member will interview me so I wait one more hour for that person. After that I was called for two conference call interviews with the Corporate Persinnel.

Interview Questions
    • THE GM asked what would I do if a person fails in a task the first time?   View Answer
    It was very easy.