Akzo Nobel Worldwide

Updated Nov 9, 2014

Chemist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Reading, PA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Reading, PA

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Akzo Nobel Worldwide.

Hired through a temp agency (Kelly Services), was a contract employee for 3 months and then hired on full-time. Initially submitted resume through website for another position and was solicited by the staffing agency recruiter. I met the recruiter, answered many questions about polymer chemistry and instrumental techniques, then my resume was forwarded on. I gained an interview with the hiring company, to a panel of scientists and asked about my talents, strengths and weaknesses, etc. Waiting time after interview was a day or two.

Rotation Accountang Interview

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Akzo Nobel Worldwide.

The interview process is nice. The interviewers are very friendly! Almost all questions are behavirals. Two people interview process. One from HR and one from account. There is an infor session before the interview. You will learn a lot about the company at the infor session. But still be sure to reaserch the company and find out why you like the company. I really like it, it would be a great company to work for.

Chemistry Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in White Plains, NY
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in White Plains, NY

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Akzo Nobel Worldwide in April 2013.

Recruiters visited the university, where they held an info session, followed by interviews the following day. The on site visit was one day. I gave a 30 minute seminar on my thesis research, and I met with six employees who worked in different groups. I was able to eat lunch with some newer hires, which helped to gauge what life at the company was like for someone like myself.

Technical Service Engineer Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at Akzo Nobel Worldwide.

I was actually located by a recruiter just out of college. The recruiter called me, gave me the rundown, there was a short phone interview followed by two in person interviews. They were round robin style with single interviewers - five the first time, two the second. Varying from a coworker, direct supervisor, technical manager, sales manager, VP.

Interview Questions
    • The most unexpected was "Why should we hire you instead of a guy who has __ experience?"   View Answer
    Unfortunately, I was right out of college and didnt negotiate.

Marketing Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fayetteville, NC
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fayetteville, NC

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4 daysinterviewed at Akzo Nobel Worldwide in June 2012.

Hired through SASR's and the required human resources steps were taken. I was called and asked if I was interested in this position. I agreed to continue with hiring. I was asked to meet with my regional manager. We interviewed and I was asked to commit to their company. I loved Akzo Nobel and they treat their employee's well.

Interview Questions
    • I did not have any difficult questions, I was interviewed by my regional manager who was awesome at her job.   Answer Question

Supply Chain Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Somerset, NJ
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Somerset, NJ

I applied through other source. The process took a dayinterviewed at Akzo Nobel Worldwide in June 2010.

I didn't have all the skills they were looking for.

Process Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pasadena, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pasadena, TX

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Akzo Nobel Worldwide in August 2008.

Company had an interest in my background and explored how it would benifit their organization.

Interview Questions
    • What problems have you encountered that was not sucesssfully resolved?   Answer Question

Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

I applied in-person. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Akzo Nobel Worldwide in January 2008.

Filled out application and spoke with manager. He notified his District Mgr who came and interviewed me a couple of days later.

Interview Questions
    • How long have you worked in this industry?   View Answer
    • What does a normal work week entail for you?   View Answer
    Not able to negotiate. They were extremely tough. Was told that a lot of people are applying.

Assistant Brand Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Ho Chi Minh City (Vietnam)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Ho Chi Minh City (Vietnam)

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Akzo Nobel Worldwide in February 2014.

Send CV to HR for vacancy, 1st telephone interview, 2nd interview with direct manager & senior manager, 3rd interview with director, 4th interviewd by head of HR, 5th checking references.

IM Support Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Amsterdam (Netherlands)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Amsterdam (Netherlands)

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Akzo Nobel Worldwide in December 2013.

Surprisingli I had only 2 interview session without any job related or personality test. the frst interview was with the recruiter and the manager, the second one is with a dotted line manager and with a colleague. The question of ther interviews were about my experiences.

Interview Questions
    • There wasn't any difficult professional question, but the "what is your weakness" was really tireing.   Answer Question
    I couldn't negotiate at that time. But after almost one year I specifi more the the role and the scope of the role, because it's not in accordance with the negotiation and the contract.