Akzo Nobel Worldwide Interview Questions

Updated May 29, 2015

Leadership Program Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 weeksinterviewed at Akzo Nobel Worldwide in March 2015.

Interview

applied only, got an email from HR for an online test. After the 3 hour online test got a mail saying I have qualified and they sent another link for personality test which I was supposed to give. all the tests had no hard deadline. The worst part was that I didn't even give the personality test and I got a reject that, I did not match the criteria, mailed HR that how come without even giving the test I could be rejected, as expected no reply. The first IQ test was tough and required lot of practice, I would like to suggest to the company, if you have to reject candidates without reason please don't waste our time. Respect out time also. I have one email saying congratulations you have been sent to next round and another (without even giving the test) saying you did not pass. I feel that their hiring team is unprofessional, apply to this company only if you want to waste your time.

Warehouse Material Handler Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 daysinterviewed at Akzo Nobel Worldwide.

Interview

I applied for the position of Warehouse Material Handler online, and a couple days later got a phone call for an interview. At the office I waited about 10 minutes before being called into the interview. The vibe and questions for the interview were fairly standard - generally they asked about my work history, as well as my qualifications and desires for the job. I was also asked if I was physically fit, and able to lift boxes and operate machinery, while staying on my feet for hours at a time. They also informed me that I would need to pass a drug test to get the job. The interview probably lasted about 20-25 minutes.

Interview Questions

• "What personal trait or ability makes you right for a tough job working in a warehouse?" Something to that effect.   1 Answer

Marketing Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Akzo Nobel Worldwide (Houston, TX) in September 2014.

Interview

Apply online, receive call from recruiter. Schedule phone interview. After phone interview and cv screening, one online assessment was requested and after passing the assessment, face to face interview. HR recruiting partner was new in company and had no idea about AkzoNobel.

Chemist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Reading, PA

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Akzo Nobel Worldwide (Reading, PA).

Interview

Hired through a temp agency (Kelly Services), was a contract employee for 3 months and then hired on full-time. Initially submitted resume through website for another position and was solicited by the staffing agency recruiter. I met the recruiter, answered many questions about polymer chemistry and instrumental techniques, then my resume was forwarded on. I gained an interview with the hiring company, to a panel of scientists and asked about my talents, strengths and weaknesses, etc. Waiting time after interview was a day or two.

Rotation Accountang Interview

Application

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Akzo Nobel Worldwide.

Interview

The interview process is nice. The interviewers are very friendly! Almost all questions are behavirals. Two people interview process. One from HR and one from account. There is an infor session before the interview. You will learn a lot about the company at the infor session. But still be sure to reaserch the company and find out why you like the company. I really like it, it would be a great company to work for.

Chemistry Interview

Anonymous Employee in White Plains, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Akzo Nobel Worldwide (White Plains, NY) in April 2013.

Interview

Recruiters visited the university, where they held an info session, followed by interviews the following day. The on site visit was one day. I gave a 30 minute seminar on my thesis research, and I met with six employees who worked in different groups. I was able to eat lunch with some newer hires, which helped to gauge what life at the company was like for someone like myself.

Technical Service Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at Akzo Nobel Worldwide.

Interview

I was actually located by a recruiter just out of college. The recruiter called me, gave me the rundown, there was a short phone interview followed by two in person interviews. They were round robin style with single interviewers - five the first time, two the second. Varying from a coworker, direct supervisor, technical manager, sales manager, VP.

Interview Questions

• The most unexpected was "Why should we hire you instead of a guy who has __ experience?"   1 Answer

Negotiation

Unfortunately, I was right out of college and didnt negotiate.

Marketing Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fayetteville, NC

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4 daysinterviewed at Akzo Nobel Worldwide (Fayetteville, NC) in June 2012.

Interview

Hired through SASR's and the required human resources steps were taken. I was called and asked if I was interested in this position. I agreed to continue with hiring. I was asked to meet with my regional manager. We interviewed and I was asked to commit to their company. I loved Akzo Nobel and they treat their employee's well.

Interview Questions

• I did not have any difficult questions, I was interviewed by my regional manager who was awesome at her job.   Answer Question

Process Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Akzo Nobel Worldwide (Chicago, IL) in September 2011.

Interview

applied online through careerbuilder.com, received a call from corporate HR a month later for a phone interview, followed by a technical corporate office interview within a month with the Director of Operations, Technology Manager, HR Manager, Plant Manager. I was invited for a last round of site-visit and interview with the Production Manager, Engineering Manager and the site/plant HR Specialist for a behavioral interview. Received offer via phone, followed by character check and medical tests. I accepted the offer.

HSE Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Akzo Nobel Worldwide (Chicago, IL) in February 2011.

Interview

told me that it was a one on one but it turned out to be a panel interview- quite scary/stressful. they told me immediately that I had passed the interview but when they did get back to me it was after a month. i only got a formal letter of employment in may.

Interview Questions

• what are you weaknesses and how did you improve on them   Answer Question