Alabama Media Group Interview Questions

Updated Oct 28, 2014

3.6

Sales Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Birmingham, AL

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Alabama Media Group.

I began with a phone interview, then went in for two in-person interviews (very positive and supportive, the second was more of a personality test), and finished by meeting with the company's head of sales / CEO.

Interview Questions
    • Are you where you want to be in your career today, if not why?   Answer Question
    Initial offer (after they asked what I was currently making salary-wise), followed by a counter-offer (from me), two more back and forth with contacts, followed by a final offer (from them), which was accepted and very fair.

Inside Sales Interview

Anonymous Employee in Birmingham, AL

I applied in-person. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Alabama Media Group in April 2014.

I was called on an interview for an open position and went in to meet with a Sales Manager. I was asked about why I wanted to leave my current employer (although she was fully aware of the situation from a recent hire she had) so I told her my honest professional opinion.

Interview Questions
    • Why I wanted to leave my current employer...she baited me and then used my answer against me.   View Answer

Account Executive Interview

I applied through an employee referral – interviewed at Alabama Media Group in April 2014.

They outsource the initial interview process. Was way too over done especially for this company.
    Made me think that since they were so "knit picky", that I was going to work at a highly professional company.

Interview Questions
    • After I passed the initial interview that was outsourced, the rest was easy.   Answer Question
    No negotiating. The offer was fair.

Account Executive, Audience Solutions Interview

Anonymous Employee in Birmingham, AL

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Alabama Media Group in August 2013.

This is a very detailed interview process. It began with an initial phone interview. I was then asked in for a face to face interview. They called me back to do a role-play where I demonstrated my sales ability. Then, the upper management decided to get involved and I went back for a third interview.

Interview Questions
    • If you could be any cartoon character, which one would you be?   View Answer

Director, Search Product Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Birmingham, AL

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Alabama Media Group in August 2012.

It was a three step process, I did a phone screen with my manager (a Vice President) and from that, I was given a face to face interview which was a day long meeting with most of the company (that VP, another VP, the President of the company, several sales managers, HR). After the face to face, I was phone interviewed by two other Directors from the parent company.

Interview Questions
    • Describe your consultative Sales approach   View Answer
    The offer they made was fair so i did not negotiate much on price, but I did negotiate on my time off. I received some time off benefits that were not originally included.