Alabama Media Group Interview Questions

Updated Jul 2, 2015

3.4

Anonymous Employee in Montgomery, AL

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Alabama Media Group (Montgomery, AL) in June 2015.

Interview

The first "interview" was a series of written questions and answers which seemed designed to test written communication skills and practical sales experience. Then there is a one hour phone interview with the recruiter. There is no small talk during this interview - it is very thorough and very specific. The questions are targeted to your resume, qualifications and written Q&A. Third interview is with the hiring manager, in my case the Sales Manager for the division I would be working in. Questions are mostly behavioral and experience related. I was an out-of-state candidate and the recruiter advised me that was an obstacle going into the interview with the hiring manager. I tried to overcome it but ultimately they chose to keep their search in-state so I was not moved on to the next step which would have been an interview with the division Director.

Interview Questions

• 1. What appealed to you about this opportunity and how has your background prepared you to be successful in it? 2. What are your current sales goals, and how are you progressing towards meeting – or exceeding them? What steps do you take when you are not on track to meet or exceed your goals? 3. Please briefly describe your experience in digital sales and advertising. Which industries have you sold in? 4. Please briefly describe a previous sale you made that demonstrates a consultative approach (print and digital advertising if applicable). What selling approach was utilized to close the deal? What obstacles did you face? 5. What forms of social media do you use on a regular basis for business? For what purpose? What are typical results?   Answer Question

Sales Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Birmingham, AL

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Alabama Media Group (Birmingham, AL).

Interview

I began with a phone interview, then went in for two in-person interviews (very positive and supportive, the second was more of a personality test), and finished by meeting with the company's head of sales / CEO.

Interview Questions

• Are you where you want to be in your career today, if not why?   Answer Question

Negotiation

Initial offer (after they asked what I was currently making salary-wise), followed by a counter-offer (from me), two more back and forth with contacts, followed by a final offer (from them), which was accepted and very fair.

Inside Sales Interview

Anonymous Employee in Birmingham, AL

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Alabama Media Group (Birmingham, AL) in April 2014.

Interview

I was called on an interview for an open position and went in to meet with a Sales Manager. I was asked about why I wanted to leave my current employer (although she was fully aware of the situation from a recent hire she had) so I told her my honest professional opinion.

Interview Questions

• Why I wanted to leave my current employer...she baited me and then used my answer against me.   1 Answer

Account Executive Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral – interviewed at Alabama Media Group in April 2014.

Interview

They outsource the initial interview process. Was way too over done especially for this company. Made me think that since they were so "knit picky", that I was going to work at a highly professional company.

Interview Questions

• After I passed the initial interview that was outsourced, the rest was easy.   Answer Question

Negotiation

No negotiating. The offer was fair.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Huntsville, AL

Application

I applied through other source. The process took a weekinterviewed at Alabama Media Group (Huntsville, AL) in February 2014.

Interview

Lunch / interview then official office visit with tour. Offer came a few days later. Met with 2 different managers and then the sales director. Met several sales people. Was shown the process they use for the entire sales process. Spent time discussing my business styles and experience. Enjoyed the tour.

Interview Questions

• How many years of sales experience do I have?   1 Answer

Negotiation

No negotiation

Account Executive, Audience Solutions Interview

Anonymous Employee in Birmingham, AL

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Alabama Media Group (Birmingham, AL) in August 2013.

Interview

This is a very detailed interview process. It began with an initial phone interview. I was then asked in for a face to face interview. They called me back to do a role-play where I demonstrated my sales ability. Then, the upper management decided to get involved and I went back for a third interview.

Interview Questions

• If you could be any cartoon character, which one would you be?   1 Answer

Director, Search Product Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Birmingham, AL

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Alabama Media Group (Birmingham, AL) in August 2012.

Interview

It was a three step process, I did a phone screen with my manager (a Vice President) and from that, I was given a face to face interview which was a day long meeting with most of the company (that VP, another VP, the President of the company, several sales managers, HR). After the face to face, I was phone interviewed by two other Directors from the parent company.

Interview Questions

• Describe your consultative Sales approach   1 Answer

Negotiation

The offer they made was fair so i did not negotiate much on price, but I did negotiate on my time off. I received some time off benefits that were not originally included.