Alabama Power Interview Questions

Updated Dec 30, 2014
Updated Dec 30, 2014

4.0

Security Officer Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Alabama Power (Birmingham, AL) in October 2014.

Interview

I received a call to come for an interview. The interview was rather intimidating because they had a panel of 5 men that interviewed me at once. They asked a series of situational questions that I had no idea of. And i really felt like they didnt give me a chance. I received an email about 2 months later saying they went with other candidates.

Interview Questions

• Act out your response to being the incharge officer dealing with a riot outside of the building.   Answer Question

Financial Specialist Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Alabama Power in January 2014.

Interview

I was contacted by a recruiter and he talked to be over the phone and told me about the job and the interview process. The interview was located at the location where I would work. The interview was conducted with a panel of 4 (direct supervisor, his superior, a representative from corporate and a HR representative). The recruiter prepared you for the interview process by providing some example questions of what might be asked. This was very helpful. The interview was handled very professionally.

Interview Questions

• Give me an example where you did not sit back and let others take responsibility to get something done.   1 Answer

Negotiation

The offer was very good. More than I expected.

Line Specialist Senior Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Alabama Power.

Interview

Need to have 10 + years Transmission Line Construction experence. Be able to deal with customers and contract personel in case problems arise. Focus is on quality and quanity of jobs finished.

Negotiation

Money is set at 6 to 8 % aove your current pay. More than likely will get a company vehicle. Company will pay for gas.

Power Plant Employee Interview

Application

The process took 6+ monthsinterviewed at Alabama Power in May 2010.

Interview

Alabama Power is a greatplace to work but their HR is very very slow. The hole process took about 6 months canidate selection to hire date was recieved. First was a written test not to bad. Second was a skills test. Then the interview it was a little difficult but had some of the regular interview question. Some questions are as I call them "trick questions" which really have no correct answer you just have to figure out what they are looking for.