Alabama Power Interview Questions

Updated Jun 8, 2015

3.5

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Birmingham, AL

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ monthsinterviewed at Alabama Power (Birmingham, AL) in February 2015.

Interview

Contacted someone who works here, and they got me a "get to know" meeting that ended up feeling like a technical interview. However, it was very relaxed and casual. The only thing is that I didn't hear anything from them, again, until a month later when I received an offer.

Interview Questions

• Describe your use of a database, particularly Oracle.   1 Answer

Negotiation

They said what their designated pay was and I did not negotiate.

Security Officer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Birmingham, AL

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Alabama Power (Birmingham, AL) in October 2014.

Interview

I received a call to come for an interview. The interview was rather intimidating because they had a panel of 5 men that interviewed me at once. They asked a series of situational questions that I had no idea of. And i really felt like they didnt give me a chance. I received an email about 2 months later saying they went with other candidates.

Interview Questions

• Act out your response to being the incharge officer dealing with a riot outside of the building.   Answer Question

Financial Specialist Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Alabama Power in January 2014.

Interview

I was contacted by a recruiter and he talked to be over the phone and told me about the job and the interview process. The interview was located at the location where I would work. The interview was conducted with a panel of 4 (direct supervisor, his superior, a representative from corporate and a HR representative). The recruiter prepared you for the interview process by providing some example questions of what might be asked. This was very helpful. The interview was handled very professionally.

Interview Questions

• Give me an example where you did not sit back and let others take responsibility to get something done.   1 Answer

Negotiation

The offer was very good. More than I expected.

Accounting Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Birmingham, AL

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Alabama Power (Birmingham, AL) in September 2012.

Interview

I applied and two weeks later they called me for an interview. There were 4 interviewers. Each asked one question and the final question was why I want the job. Two were friendly and two were not. They called me a week later and offered me the job.

Interview Questions

• Pretty standard questions, why do you want this job, situation questions, tell me about yourself, skills etc   Answer Question

Operations Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Birmingham, AL

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at Alabama Power (Birmingham, AL) in February 2011.

Interview

Panel of 6 interviewers. About 10 general questions with specific examples. A moderator from HR asked all the questions.everybody is taking notes... Very professional interview, you got to be ready and ask questions.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about yourself? Give me a specifi example of multitasking? Etc...   Answer Question

Line Specialist Senior Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Alabama Power.

Interview

Need to have 10 + years Transmission Line Construction experence. Be able to deal with customers and contract personel in case problems arise. Focus is on quality and quanity of jobs finished.

Negotiation

Money is set at 6 to 8 % aove your current pay. More than likely will get a company vehicle. Company will pay for gas.

Power Plant Employee Interview

Application

The process took 6+ monthsinterviewed at Alabama Power in May 2010.

Interview

Alabama Power is a greatplace to work but their HR is very very slow. The hole process took about 6 months canidate selection to hire date was recieved. First was a written test not to bad. Second was a skills test. Then the interview it was a little difficult but had some of the regular interview question. Some questions are as I call them "trick questions" which really have no correct answer you just have to figure out what they are looking for.