Alamo Rent A Car Interview Questions

2.8

Rental Sales Agent Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Oakland, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Oakland, CA

I applied online. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at Alamo Rent A Car in February 2015.

I applied first in November, then again in January. They called me for a phone interview went over my work experience and asked questions about if I had any moving violations and my flexibility. I was invited to a face to face interview at the location I would be working. I was suprised when I got there that it would be three people asking me different questions so I was nervous. He let me know that they would tell me right after if I got the job or not. Mostly sales background questions, about being able to reach your sales good and so on. After the interview I sat in the break room while they made their decision. After 5mins he came and got me and wanted me to see for 30mins what it would be like working there. So I was behind the counter with the employee's watching them do their job. After an hour he came back and got me and they asked me what did I think of the day, do I feel it's something I could do. After everything was said and done I was offered the job. Just waiting on my background to clear then everything is a go.

Interview Questions
    • I really don't remember any questions but they were straight forward and really just about sales questions   Answer Question

Sales Agent Alamo Interview

Mostly situational questions - tell me about a time when...

Interview Questions
    • All the questions were the same - tell me about a time when...   Answer Question
    No negotiation, just an hourly and here are the commissions.

Exit Booth Agent Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Alamo Rent A Car in August 2012.

I was called by a woman in Human Resources and then was set up with and interview with the department hiring manager. When I physically interviewed I was told this was a fast paced, high volume position. I had to agree to multiple shift changes. I was put through a not so extensive background check, and was not administered a drug test. I was interviewed and hired within a week.

Interview Questions
    • If I am able to work with multiple different attitudes and personalities.   View Answer
    I was not able to negotiate any terms.

Car Rental Agent Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Alamo Rent A Car in June 2014.

The hiring and interview process was a long one. You will be asked about your previous sales experience, what you would do in certain situations regarding customers and how to handle difficult people. You will be asked about how much you'd like to make and whether or not you'll be okay with the forced overtime, if necessary. You'll be asked about your previous work experience and you'll also have to give a demonstration on how you would sell a product to a customer.

Interview Questions
    • The most difficult question was when I was asked to sell an item to my manager as if he were a customer coming in to rent a car.   Answer Question
    There is no negotiation.

Retern Agent Interview

The process took 4 daysinterviewed at Alamo Rent A Car in June 2008.

came in to see mgnt. exchanged cards, phone call short conversation set up face to face normal cust servace interview. senario questions ect.

Interview Questions
    • endlessly asking what would you do if a customer was upset ... and then what and then what like there is a majik phrase for whiners and con artists   Answer Question
    • senario after senario of past cust servase experiences   Answer Question
    set salery no raises