Alaska Airlines

1 candidate interview Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Engineering Interview

Seattle, WA

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 4 weeks - interviewed at Alaska Airlines.

Interview Details – First a phone interview by the hiring manager
They make you feel like you are top of their list, and that applies to all applicants
Followed up by on-site interview at headquarters, usually with the hiring manager and another peer and HR. Small group interview. Nice atmosphere.
Did NOT get to see the actual work place or talk to future colleagues.

Interview Question – They do not hire smokers, oddly enough.
Not a problem for me, but the innocent comment that I smoked a cigar a while back did raise an eyebrow. It was not a big deal as I otherwise don't smoke.
  View Answer

Reason for Declining – Pay wasn't that great, other offers I had were more palatable.

Flag Interview  |  Add Employer Response
Interviews for Top Jobs at Alaska Airlines

Worked for Alaska Airlines? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Alaska Airlines Engineering interview questions and advice. All interview reviews posted anonymously by Alaska Airlines employees and interview candidates.