Alaska Airlines Flight Attendant Interview Questions

Updated Jul 26, 2015

3.1

Anonymous Employee in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Alaska Airlines (Seattle, WA) in June 2015.

Interview

I applied online 6/1/15 and on 6/9/15 was invited to do a digital interview. I completed that on 6/10/15, and received a phone call on 6/12/15. I missed the phone call, they left a voicemail inviting me to a face to face interview in either Seattle or Portland. I also received an email about getting the interview. I chose the Seattle interview, which will be on 7/24/15. This whole process has happened very quickly. The video/digital interview was the most challenging so far in this process. You had 3 days to complete the interview once they sent the link to you. There is a tutorial on how to set up the whole thing, which I highly recommend doing. You can also practice as many times as you need to feel comfortable. I wore a business suit for the video interview. The interview consisted of 9 questions, you had 60 seconds to answer each question. Here were some of them.... Tell us about your work experience and about your resume.... Why do you want to become a flight attendant with AA... How will you prepare for the demands of the flight attendant schedule.. Tell us a time you provided exceptional customer service.... Tell us a time you had to handle an unhappy customer... Tell us a time you were part of a team and had to resolve a conflict... Tell us a time you had to provide safety for customers... What part of their mission of safety and exceptional customer service do you support and how will you help them to be successful in achieving it. One minute is not a lot of time to answer a question, so I would definitely prepare some answers ahead of time. I answered all the questions in STAR. I smiled the entire time!!!! I hope this helps!

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to become a flight attendant for Alaska Airlines?   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Alaska Airlines

Anonymous Employee in Anchorage, AK

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 daysinterviewed at Alaska Airlines (Anchorage, AK) in July 2015.

Interview

It was pretty quick, I applied on a Monday and I received the email on Wednesday telling me about the video interview which I took on Friday. I was ok, try to smile or at least smile with your eyes. It is pretty easy. Now I am waiting, I hope I get it.

Interview Questions

• Tell us about a time where you went above and beyond to assure safety?   Answer Question

Flight Attendant Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Alaska Airlines.

Interview

I applied online at the AK website. A few days later, I received an email asking me 6 questions about my willingness to relocate, am I willing to relocate to any of their bases, and when was a good day and time to call me. Today I received an email telling me when to be ready for the telephone interview. I will let you know how it goes!!

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sweet Home, OR

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Alaska Airlines (Sweet Home, OR) in June 2015.

Interview

Video interview today. Nine questions and only one min to answer them. Only one try at it as well. I've done other video interview but this one allowed you to see yourself as you were talking. Nice touch! Remember to smile, be yourself and I suggest to use the practice option.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

No negotiation

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Irvine, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Alaska Airlines (Irvine, CA) in April 2015.

Interview

The interview process is very thorough. Alaska airlines truly seeks the best talent. This isn't an interview and you hope to "wing". I highly recommend researching the company, its contribution to the community, and the expansion from it's small roots. I used this website as my guide which helped me prepare for the exhausting interview process. Thank you to everyone who posted their feedback!

Interview Questions

• Why is it important to take time with an angry customer?   Answer Question

Flight Attendant Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Alaska Airlines.

Interview

Made it past the phone interview. The lady who called me was extremely nice, and was very prompt when she said she'd call at a certain time. I was extremely nervous despite it only being a phone interview, where she asked me four questions and then went into a bit more detail about the next step which is the group interview, which I've been invited to attend!

Interview Questions

• Q: Why do you want to become a flight attendant for Alaska Airlines? Q: Name one time when you went above and beyond for a customer? Q: What have you done to better your professional image? Q: Do you ever have scheduling conflicts with work and school? [ I said yes, and then described how I resolve the problem. ]   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Anchorage, AK

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at Alaska Airlines (Anchorage, AK) in June 2015.

Interview

I applied online alaskaair.com. After about a week or so I go an email inviting me to participate in a digital interview. After the completion of the digital interview I got a call inviting me to the group interview that was to be held a downtown Anchorage hotel. The group interview starts out with an hour and half long prevention, then they divide you into groups to interview in. In the separate groups recruiters ask you to spell your name then say what your favorite job was. After everyone has completed that they pass out cards with different customer service questions on them. You go around the room popcorn style answering the questions on the card. After this step they will ask you to tell them something not found on your resume, something fun about yourself. This is the final step of the group. If you make it past this round you move on to the One on One interivew.

Interview Questions

• Name a time you had a difficult customer and how did you resolve the issue?   Answer Question

Flight Attendant Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at Alaska Airlines in June 2015.

Interview

Applied online and received a digital video interview. 1 week after submitted received rejection email. The digital interview was easy and convenient. Practice as many times as you want before starting the 9 question interview lasting about 10 mins. The responses can only be 1 min long.

Flight Attendant Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at Alaska Airlines in February 2015.

Interview

Here are the questions! Just remember short and sweet and never stop smiling and no need to be nervous! Also, be sure to be honest, it worked for me. The STAR method is a good way to practice answering the questions. Have fun! Situation: who what where when how Task: specific challenges, deadlines, costs Action: highlight traits without stating them, initiative, intelligence, leadership Result: close with a result quantify if possible time when went above for customer service: Why do you want to be an alaska airlines attendant? Why do you want to leave your job? What have you done to improve your professional image? Why do you want to leave your job? How I've handled difficult situations in the past? Angry customer: .Drunk customer: Non English speaking customer: Mean coworker: Coworker not working: Coworker rude to passenger: Coworker or passenger breaking safety regulations: Customer and no safety belt time for take off: What do you find most negative about being on reserve? how long do you plan on working here? How do you measure personal accomplishments? Policy change you weren't made aware of or didn't agree with how did you handle it? Something not on your resume? About yourself? Weakness? Strength? How do you deal with stress? one word that describes what you live for? . Most challenging part of being a fa? Give an example of a time you gave a first impression, did they think something that is not true to character? What do you like least about your job? What would you do if someone in Coach was demanding an alcoholic beverage before you got to him with the drink cart? What is a mis conception your friends have of you? When was the last time you received constructive criticism and why? Who where and when? Another flight attendant misquotes how many drinks a passenger can have, how do you resolve this without causing tension between you the other fa and the customer? . If a passenger was holding a carryon and did not want to place it underneath the seat what would you do? Now what would you do if they told you it was their loved one's remains inside the urn? Why do you think professionalism is important? Define professionalism How my life has shaped me professionally? What qualities should an AA FA have? What do you think would be the most challenging part of being a FA? How have you resolved a conflict with a customer in the past? What is your impression of a flight attendant reading a magazine on a red eye and the passengers are sleeping? Explain the most stressful situation you were and how did you handle it? Tell me about your customer service? How has your personal life shaped your professional life? Are you able to relocate? What's difficult about relocating? What could AA provide in their orientation that you knew but wasn't talked about?

Interview Questions

• Are you able to relocate? What's difficult about relocating?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Alaska Airlines (Seattle, WA) in May 2015.

Interview

I applied online then was contacted by email about a week later. Email was to set up a phone interview, the following week. The phone interview was very easy, just basic interview questions. At the end of the call she invited me to do a F2F interview in Seattle. You show up and mingle with the other applicants. They give you a company presentation. (They show you videos which you can find online, I suggest watching before you go.) Then they break you up into groups of about 10-15 people. They asked us three questions during this "group interview" 1.say your name, spell it and, tell us about the job you were most loyal too and why. 2. They pass out cards with different questions and give you about 30 seconds to think about it before you answer. 3. Here why eu ask you to tell them so,etching about yourself that is not on your resume. In my opinion they were looking for a fun lighthearted answer to this. Some people got way to serious with it. Here they make cuts. I have no idea what made me go on to the next stage and what made them send some people home. I thought some people who didn't make it to the stage had well thought out answers, so good luck. Just be yourself. Next is a once on one win HR. Basic interview questions, they didn't ask me a question that I had not prepared for. I thought it went really well I felt like we really connected. I went back into the room where all the other candidates were waiting for there 1-1s. I sat down and two minutes later one of them asked me to grab my things and come with her. She told me I was not selected and to reapply in 6 months. Everyone was nice, just hard to know what they are looking for, and why I'm not it! Just be yourself if it's meant to be it will be!

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work for Alaska airlines over another airline?   Answer Question