Alaska Airlines

Average Difficulty
25 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Seattle, WA

I applied online - interviewed at Alaska Airlines in April 2014.

Interview Details – Applied online, received email to respond back with a good time to schedule an interview ...completed phone interview and was invited to interview. I flew from North Carolina to Seattle on my own dime and stayed at the marriott hotel where the interview was being held at 258.00/night. I arrived at the orientation type interview well groomed bright eyes and smiled for days(just in my nature) made sure to make eye contact with everyone speaking and who I spoke to. After an hour the group of 82 people were split up into groups. My room had 20 people. We were asked to stand and speak about a job we were passionate about...not to toot my own horn I have great experience with a well known company, excellent reference letters written even by my current supervisor...other younger girls stood and spoke about retail jobs in shoe stores being their passion...that girl was selected for a f2f interview and I was not....sure I provided a resume but I feel my resume got me the phone interview. In MY opinion, I wasn't selected because of my "appearance" . I am not a size 2 with with long flowing hair.... I have curves but I am not by any means overweight. I feel as though I paid almost a thousand dollars to be looked at!!!!!! I feel they should have at least had the courtesy to interview everyone they INVITED to attend this event. It wasn't presented to me as an "open house" or I would not have invested so much to get there. I feel disappointed because I feel I was not given a chance for anyone to get to know me. Also of the 20 people in my group at least 8 of them were current flight attendants or previous flight attendants and they were all selected for f2f interviews.

San Diego, CA

I applied online and the process took 2 months - interviewed at Alaska Airlines in April 2014.

Interview Details – I received a brief phone interview, really easy. They asked questions like: tel us about a time you went above and beyond at a job, why did you leave your last position and if I was willing to relocate.

Interview Question – Once I was in the f2f interview they asked questions like: tell us something about yourself that isn't on your resume, what was the job you were most loyal to and why and a lot of customer service questions.   Answer Question

Flight Attendant

I applied online and interviewed at Alaska Airlines.

Interview Details – Applies online 4/8 received an email with general questions. Waiting for next step.

Interview Question – If hired open to any of our domiciles?   Answer Question

We want your feedback – Is this interview information helpful to you?  Yes | No

Seattle, WA

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at Alaska Airlines in March 2014.

Interview Details – I passed the phone interview with no problem. I was asked to come in 2 days later for a group interview. I would say there were about 60 of us. Flight Attendants did a rah rah talk with us then we watched a movie and a Flight Attendant told us how hard it would be to be on reserve. Another Flight Attendant stepped up and told us about benefits and how great they are. Eventually we were split in to 4 groups and sent to different rooms. You take turns saying your name and what job you were most loyal to. They give you one question to answer and then explain that they are going in another room for 20 minutes to decide who gets to move on. They also tell you they know the process isn't perfect and you can try again in 1 year if your name is not called. Another person steps in and calls the names, also states the process is not perfect, and tells you to apply again in 1 year. About 8 names were called out of the 30 in the room. Almost all men. You are not allowed to ask for feedback, which I understand. To me it was a pretty unprofessional process. There were people who spent quite a bit of money to fly across country for the interview. Alaska could at least afford everyone a few minutes of a one on one. Maybe a better phone screening could narrow it down. I had great references and a great work background. I was even asked if I was an Alaska Airlines plant put in the group to observe. I wish I could give a hint as to what they were looking for. It seems to be whether the 2 people asking you 1 question get a good vibe from you. The Flight Attendants were all dressed professionally and looked great. I was surprised at how unprofessional the HR people dressed.

Interview Question – No difficult question   Answer Question

Interviewed at Alaska Airlines

Interview Details – I applied with Alaska in the beginning of January and received an email the later part of January informing me they were reviewing all applications. In the middle of March I received an email asking me to complete a few questions and return the email. The next day I heard back letting me know I would have my phone interview at a specific date and time.

Interview Question – not knowing what to expect during the phone interview.   Answer Question

Seattle, WA

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at Alaska Airlines in December 2012.

Interview Details – They will call you for a phone interview. Just be prepared that they will ask if you are willing to relocate to any base Alaska has. Just remember that you don't have to stay there. Min. time at a different base is usually 4-5 months. Then you can commute to that city for free on Alaska Airlines or other partner airlines

Interview Question – I think most of the questions in the interview are on the web, but just remember they are looking for something you do to stand out. So think of something you do that is different then other people. Remember to be polite but in-charge. Know what is right and what is wrong.   Answer Question

Los Angeles, CA

I applied online and the process took 5 weeks - interviewed at Alaska Airlines in January 2014.

Interview Details – Be committed to staying at this interview the entire day. I was there all day, passed all the rounds, and still wasn't offered a position. I do look at the bright side, because I did make it to the end out of nearly 100 people who were also going for that position. I can understand one's frustrations with being there for over 10 hours and not being offered anything; but to me the experience and all the people I met made it worthwhile. It was honestly one of the most fun interviews I've ever experienced and it's just a shame that I have to wait a year from the time I applied to reapply. First, there's a presentation about the company and they are pretty thorough with explaining everything and they are 100% honest with the lack of pay, high expectations for training, and the reserve scheduling. Then, you move onto a large group interview with about 12-15 people and we just went around the room and told them our names and answered what job have we been most loyal to and why do we think we were loyal to that job. They are looking for sincerity and honesty in this answer. I cracked a joke, which was pretty risky, but it got me past the first round. Next, you get to 1:1 interview with a flight attendant, and there aren't any huge expectations with that and it allows you to ask a flight attendant about their career and they like answering your questions. Then, you get a 1:1 with HR and they ask about your job history, your work habits, if you're willing to relocate, which base would you like to relocate too (this is a trick question, do not pick a specific base. They want to see if you're open minded to any base, even Anchorage.) Just smile, be friendly, look them in the eye, and be confident that you're the one they need for their company. If you make it past that you get to go on to the final round which is a panel in front of a flight attendant, HR recruiter, and a base manager and it's honestly just like one huge discussion and they just want to see your involvement and see if you're a team player.
After that they make drastic cuts. Majority of the people from the panel will get cut, I think only 4 out of the final 15 got selected from my interview group.

Interview Question – What is your impression of a fellow flight attendant reading a magazine on a red eye flight and the passengers are sleeping?   View Answer

Seattle, WA

I applied online and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Alaska Airlines in January 2014.

Interview Details – Phone interview, Followed by an in person group interview, then a one on one interview and finally a panel interview with the final few people.

Interview Question – The phone interview is basic and easy questions. The group interviews last question "tell us a few things about you that we couldn't know by reading your resume."   View Answer

Interviewed at Alaska Airlines

Interview Details – Applied online then received an email with further questions. Basic stuff. After the email a recruiter from Ronstadt Staffing and Recruiting called me for a phone interview. From there we scheduled my going to the group interview. There was a presentation then we had the group interviews. 17 people went in 3 got to go on to one on ones.

Interview Question – Another flight attendant misquotes how many drinks a customer can have, how do you resolve this without causing tension between your self, the other attendant and the customers?   View Answer

Seattle, WA

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Alaska Airlines in February 2012.

Interview Details – Applied online 01/13, got an email the next day asking to schedule a phone interview. Passed phone interview, was very basic customer service questions. Had a group interview 2/12/13 in SEA, and it was a blast. Started with movie, then group interview, then F2F, then panel. Out of 80, I believe only around 10 got hired. I made it to the final panel, but was not offered a position.

Interview Question – What is a common misconception about you?   Answer Question

Interviews for Top Jobs at Alaska Airlines

Worked for Alaska Airlines? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Alaska Airlines Flight Attendant interview questions and advice. All 25 interview reviews posted anonymously by Alaska Airlines employees and interview candidates.