Alaska Airlines Interview Questions

Updated Aug 27, 2015

3.1

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Alaska Airlines (Seattle, WA) in June 2015.

Interview

I applied online 6/1/15 and on 6/9/15 was invited to do a digital interview. I completed that on 6/10/15, and received a phone call on 6/12/15. I missed the phone call, they left a voicemail inviting me to a face to face interview in either Seattle or Portland. I also received an email about getting the interview. I chose the Seattle interview, which will be on 7/24/15. This whole process has happened very quickly. The video/digital interview was the most challenging so far in this process. You had 3 days to complete the interview once they sent the link to you. There is a tutorial on how to set up the whole thing, which I highly recommend doing. You can also practice as many times as you need to feel comfortable. I wore a business suit for the video interview. The interview consisted of 9 questions, you had 60 seconds to answer each question. Here were some of them.... Tell us about your work experience and about your resume.... Why do you want to become a flight attendant with AA... How will you prepare for the demands of the flight attendant schedule.. Tell us a time you provided exceptional customer service.... Tell us a time you had to handle an unhappy customer... Tell us a time you were part of a team and had to resolve a conflict... Tell us a time you had to provide safety for customers... What part of their mission of safety and exceptional customer service do you support and how will you help them to be successful in achieving it. One minute is not a lot of time to answer a question, so I would definitely prepare some answers ahead of time. I answered all the questions in STAR. I smiled the entire time!!!! I hope this helps!

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to become a flight attendant for Alaska Airlines?   1 Answer

Yield Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Alaska Airlines.

Interview

For the interview process they began with a phone interview. They called me at a set time and went over the basic interview questions (position description, personal experiences, examples of times you have overcome difficulty or struggled, etc). The next step was an exam with mathematical questions as well as some definitions and logic questions. Overall if wasn't too difficult but if you get part A of a question wrong then it effects parts B, C, D negatively and all the answers will be wrong.

Interview Questions

• Why do flight prices change over time for the same flight?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Irvine, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Alaska Airlines (Irvine, CA) in August 2015.

Interview

Applied online and got an email back for a digital interview a few days later. The digital interview was a lot harder than I imagined. It is just a little awkward being recorded and not actually talking and interacting with someone. I received a phone call for an in person group interview a few days later. The interview is in a week, so I will update after!

Interview Questions

• Everyone was spot on with the questions that they ask. 1. Be ready to tell them about yourself and highlight your resume. 2. Why do you want to work for AA 3. Tell us a time you provided exceptional customer service. 4. Tell us how you handled an unhappy customer 5. Tell me a time you provided safety for a customer.   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Alaska Airlines (Los Angeles, CA) in August 2015.

Interview

The interview was on line, straight forward and simple. My problem was right when I got started, my neighbour began to edge and blow his lawn. Then when he stopped, my internet went down. I then had to go the local library where i waited for 45 minutes for a private study room. A 20 minute interview took 2 hours. My best advise,expect the unexpected!

Interview Questions

• Describe a time where you went up and beyond what was expected from you. What happened and what was the out come?   Answer Question

Flight Attendant Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Alaska Airlines in August 2015.

Interview

Applied online, received invitation for a digital interview. Questions were pretty straight forward. There were 9 total. A little nerve wracking due to the fact that you only have 1 minute to answer the questions and 30 seconds to prepare. I also don't really like viewing myself while interviewing, so tried looking right into the camera majority of the time. Still waiting to hear back, it's been 2 days.

Customer Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Alaska Airlines (San Francisco, CA).

Interview

I went to a group interview. They explained the benefits and duties of the job in a group power point presentation. We went to a different room for the ones who accepted the work conditions and they have to present ourselves and say if we had experienced at another airline or not and have to answer to a complicated scenario about a customer to resolve for each participant. After that they ask all of us to leave the room and a couple of minutes they come back with a list and those where the ones who could continue. We were four outside and talking about the interview we discovered what we all have in common was that we all had have worked for a different airline!

Interview Questions

• Tell us your name and if you have previous experience working for an airline.   Answer Question

Flight Attendant Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Alaska Airlines.

Interview

I applied online at the AK website. A few days later, I received an email asking me 6 questions about my willingness to relocate, am I willing to relocate to any of their bases, and when was a good day and time to call me. Today I received an email telling me when to be ready for the telephone interview. I will let you know how it goes!!

Reservation Agent Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Alaska Airlines (Seattle, WA) in July 2015.

Interview

I applied online, then got an email to do an online interview. You basically dress like you would for an in person interview, then answer questions on your computer while they video tape you. It was really different. The next day, I got a phone call asking me to come in for an interview. I went into a room with about 20 other people, and had an orientation, talking about the benefits and what the job would be like. Was given a time to come back later in the day for a 1:1 interview. Questions were customer service type questions, and reviewing your resume. Pretty standard.

Interview Questions

• Was asked to take a "computer test" They told me to go to the website and asked me to make a reservation and check with "Jen" for a couple of other things. Really easy!   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Anchorage, AK

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Alaska Airlines (Anchorage, AK) in July 2015.

Interview

It was pretty quick, I applied on a Monday and I received the email on Wednesday telling me about the video interview which I took on Friday. I was ok, try to smile or at least smile with your eyes. It is pretty easy. Now I am waiting, I hope I get it.

Interview Questions

• Tell us about a time where you went above and beyond to assure safety?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Irvine, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Alaska Airlines (Irvine, CA) in April 2015.

Interview

The interview process is very thorough. Alaska airlines truly seeks the best talent. This isn't an interview and you hope to "wing". I highly recommend researching the company, its contribution to the community, and the expansion from it's small roots. I used this website as my guide which helped me prepare for the exhausting interview process. Thank you to everyone who posted their feedback!

Interview Questions

• Why is it important to take time with an angry customer?   Answer Question