Alaska Airlines

Updated Apr 10, 2014

Getting the Interview

61 candidate interviews

Flight Attendant Interview

I applied online and interviewed at Alaska Airlines.

Interview Details – Applies online 4/8 received an email with general questions. Waiting for next step.

Interview Question – If hired open to any of our domiciles?   Answer Question

Interviewed at Alaska Airlines

Interview Details – I applied with Alaska in the beginning of January and received an email the later part of January informing me they were reviewing all applications. In the middle of March I received an email asking me to complete a few questions and return the email. The next day I heard back letting me know I would have my phone interview at a specific date and time.

Interview Question – not knowing what to expect during the phone interview.   Answer Question

Interviewed at Alaska Airlines

Interview Details – Applied online then received an email with further questions. Basic stuff. After the email a recruiter from Ronstadt Staffing and Recruiting called me for a phone interview. From there we scheduled my going to the group interview. There was a presentation then we had the group interviews. 17 people went in 3 got to go on to one on ones.

Interview Question – Another flight attendant misquotes how many drinks a customer can have, how do you resolve this without causing tension between your self, the other attendant and the customers?   View Answer

Interviewed at Alaska Airlines

Interview Details – The interview was broken down to 3 parts: a goup interview, a single interview, and a panel interview. The group interview consisted of 3 questions total: tell them a job you were loyal to and why, a scenario question, and tell them something they can use to remember you. Out of two groups (total of about 30 people) only 6-7 made it to the single interview. I didn't make it past this, but it was very vague in general and had no idea what they were looking for or why the particular people did make it past this. I felt bad for all the people who had flown in from across the country and literally only got the group interview, I felt like it was a waste of time for them.

Interview Question – Tell us a job you were loyal to and why.   Answer Question

Flight Attendant

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Alaska Airlines.

Interview Details – First there was a phone interview which was just like talking to your best friend. Then they offer you a chance to interview at a location which is a long long process

Interview Question – How do you explain to a passenger that speaks no english she/he can not carry a large bag of money on their lap???? funny but serious question   View Answer

Negotiation Details – there is no negotiation . they are very clear about training and what is to come

Seattle, WA

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at Alaska Airlines in April 2013.

Interview Details – I applied online and soon after got an email that had questions to send back. Some of the questions were, why did you want to work for Alaska Airlines, and are you COMPLETELY open to relocating to one of five domiciles. Next I had a phone interview and on that same call was invited to attend their hiring event in Seattle. You have to be there at 8a sharp. I showed up at 745a were about 50 people were already there. We watched a few movies and current flight attendants talk about how much they love their job. At this point, they split us up into three groups of about 25 and told us to meet in a specific room. As we all walked out, we had to do the reach test of 80 inches and to our rooms we went.
We all got settled in and then we were quickly put into alphabetical order by last name. The first question they asked was "tell me about a time you were loyal to something and why." We went around the semi-circle answering that one question then were put into smaller groups of three and given a scenario card that we had to stand, solve and talk about to the group. The last question was "tell us something that we wouldn't know about you from your resume." Again, around the room we went. At this point the interviewers said they were done and to meet back in the main room at a specific time.
At said time, all 75 of us were back in the room waiting for the results. Only about 15 people made it through to the next step of HR interviews. All in all, this part of the interviews took just over 4 hours.
The good news was you found out right then and there if you were going to training or not.

Interview Question – Questions were not difficult.   Answer Question

Seattle, WA

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Alaska Airlines in March 2013.

Interview Details – I applied for the flight attendant position online and received an email about 1-2 weeks later with a few questions. They were just basic screening questions like:

- Why do you want to be a flight attendant with Alaska Airlines?
- If hired, would you be able to relocate to any of their bases?
- Can you attend a hiring event on ___ date?
- Phone number and best time to call for a phone interview?

The next day I received a call for my phone interview and the gal interviewing me asked a few screening questions again:

- Do you have total flexibility to relocate?
- You have to pass a criminal background check and drug test, will there be any problems for you?

Then she asked where I had worked over the past two years and why I had left, had I ever been fired from a job in the past, etc.

Next she asked a few actual interview questions:

- So why do you want to work for Alaska Airlines as a flight attendant?
- Give me an example of a time when you provided extraordinary customer service.

After my answers, she asked if there was anything else I would like them to know and then said they would be in touch if they "still had room at the hiring event."

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work as a flight attendant for Alaska Airlines?   Answer Question
  • Give me an example of a time when you provided extraordinary customer service.   Answer Question

Seattle, WA

The process took a day - interviewed at Alaska Airlines in June 2012.

Interview Details – Asked several questions including my ability to relocate.

Interview Question – I am here to find out about questions for my interview...not tell you what they asked me   View Answers (2)

Business Analyst Interview

Seattle, WA

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at Alaska Airlines in January 2011.

Interview Details – The phone interview was conducted by a 3rd party. Based on the questions I was asked it seemed that the person didn't have a copy of my resume. Many of the questions could have easily been answered by looking at my resume. The person was friendly though.
Two weeks later I recieved a call from a HR rep from Alaska Air. I was asked several questions about why I left my last position. The person was very friendly.
I was told the salary range which was very low compared to the market rate for this position. The salary range for a Business Analyst is $39-52k.
I'm not sure how Alaska Air received an award for being a best employer. Maybe it's the air travel benefit that people are seeking. I'm looking for more than free air travel.

Interview Question – Why did you leave your last postion?   View Answer

Seattle, WA

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at Alaska Airlines in March 2014.

Interview Details – I passed the phone interview with no problem. I was asked to come in 2 days later for a group interview. I would say there were about 60 of us. Flight Attendants did a rah rah talk with us then we watched a movie and a Flight Attendant told us how hard it would be to be on reserve. Another Flight Attendant stepped up and told us about benefits and how great they are. Eventually we were split in to 4 groups and sent to different rooms. You take turns saying your name and what job you were most loyal to. They give you one question to answer and then explain that they are going in another room for 20 minutes to decide who gets to move on. They also tell you they know the process isn't perfect and you can try again in 1 year if your name is not called. Another person steps in and calls the names, also states the process is not perfect, and tells you to apply again in 1 year. About 8 names were called out of the 30 in the room. Almost all men. You are not allowed to ask for feedback, which I understand. To me it was a pretty unprofessional process. There were people who spent quite a bit of money to fly across country for the interview. Alaska could at least afford everyone a few minutes of a one on one. Maybe a better phone screening could narrow it down. I had great references and a great work background. I was even asked if I was an Alaska Airlines plant put in the group to observe. I wish I could give a hint as to what they were looking for. It seems to be whether the 2 people asking you 1 question get a good vibe from you. The Flight Attendants were all dressed professionally and looked great. I was surprised at how unprofessional the HR people dressed.

Interview Question – No difficult question   Answer Question

Interviews for Top Jobs at Alaska Airlines

Worked for Alaska Airlines? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Alaska Airlines interview questions and advice. All 61 interview reviews posted anonymously by Alaska Airlines employees and interview candidates.