Alaska Airlines

Alaska Airlines Interview Questions

Updated Feb 22, 2015
Updated Feb 22, 2015

Flight Attendant Interview

The interview was broken down to 3 parts: a goup interview, a single interview, and a panel interview. The group interview consisted of 3 questions total: tell them a job you were loyal to and why, a scenario question, and tell them something they can use to remember you. Out of two groups (total of about 30 people) only 6-7 made it to the single interview. I didn't make it past this, but it was very vague in general and had no idea what they were looking for or why the particular people did make it past this. I felt bad for all the people who had flown in from across the country and literally only got the group interview, I felt like it was a waste of time for them.

Flight Attendant Interview

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Alaska Airlines.

First there was a phone interview which was just like talking to your best friend. Then they offer you a chance to interview at a location which is a long long process

Interview Questions
    • How do you explain to a passenger that speaks no english she/he can not carry a large bag of money on their lap???? funny but serious question   View Answer
    there is no negotiation . they are very clear about training and what is to come

Anonymous Employee in Seattle, WA

Applied online then received an email with further questions. Basic stuff. After the email a recruiter from Ronstadt Staffing and Recruiting called me for a phone interview. From there we scheduled my going to the group interview. There was a presentation then we had the group interviews. 17 people went in 3 got to go on to one on ones.

Interview Questions
    • Another flight attendant misquotes how many drinks a customer can have, how do you resolve this without causing tension between your self, the other attendant and the customers?   View Answer

Flight Attendant Interview

I applied with Alaska in the beginning of January and received an email the later part of January informing me they were reviewing all applications. In the middle of March I received an email asking me to complete a few questions and return the email. The next day I heard back letting me know I would have my phone interview at a specific date and time.

Interview Questions
    • not knowing what to expect during the phone interview.   Answer Question

Flight Attendant Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Alaska Airlines.

Applies online 4/8 received an email with general questions. Waiting for next step.

Anonymous Employee in Seattle, WA

I applied online – interviewed at Alaska Airlines in April 2014.

Applied online, received email to respond back with a good time to schedule an interview ...completed phone interview and was invited to interview. I flew from North Carolina to Seattle on my own dime and stayed at the marriott hotel where the interview was being held at 258.00/night. I arrived at the orientation type interview well groomed bright eyes and smiled for days(just in my nature) made sure to make eye contact with everyone speaking and who I spoke to. After an hour the group of 82 people were split up into groups. My room had 20 people. We were asked to stand and speak about a job we were passionate about...not to toot my own horn I have great experience with a well known company, excellent reference letters written even by my current supervisor...other younger girls stood and spoke about retail jobs in shoe stores being their passion...that girl was selected for a f2f interview and I was not....sure I provided a resume but I feel my resume got me the phone interview. In MY opinion, I wasn't selected because of my "appearance" . I am not a size 2 with with long flowing hair.... I have curves but I am not by any means overweight. I feel as though I paid almost a thousand dollars to be looked at!!!!!! I feel they should have at least had the courtesy to interview everyone they INVITED to attend this event. It wasn't presented to me as an "open house" or I would not have invested so much to get there. I feel disappointed because I feel I was not given a chance for anyone to get to know me. Also of the 20 people in my group at least 8 of them were current flight attendants or previous flight attendants and they were all selected for f2f interviews.

Recruiter Interview

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Alaska Airlines.

Know the job, over prepare and do you research. These folks are obviously stretched too thin and the stress they are under shows...based on the group interview I observed.

Interview Questions
    • Why do you want to work for an airline, specifically this one?
      What would your current or prior boss say about you...
      What is some constructive criticism you have received...

Answer Question

Salary is way below market.

Ground Service Agent Interview

It was a group interview. They had you answer generic questions about adjusting to changes on the job or scenario-based questions. They eliminate a few people in the first round and then personal interviews are conducted during the second round.

Interview Questions
    • Talk about a time you were in an organization and you had to adapt to change quickly and how did the results affect you?   Answer Question

Flight Attendant Interview

I was emailed a month or so after i applied. They asked me to answer 5 question and respond as soon as possible. I did so and received a phone interview hours later. It went well be be ready for them to call at anytime!

Customer Service Agent Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Alaska Airlines.

Before getting a face to face interview I went through an interview over the phone which I do believe you need to pass in order to proceed. Basic questions asked on the online application will also be asked.
    ------

The face to face interview was held at a hotel. It was a group interview of about 20 people. A video presentation opened the interview. Employees spoke about the position and its benefits. We were then broken up into 2 groups and assigned to two different rooms.

In the next room we introduced ourselves. We first introduced ourselves then made groups of 3 and were assigned to design our own airline. The next process of the interview we were each given a note card with a situation on the back. You are to read it aloud and determine what you would do in that scenario. They look for presentation, smiling, and your ability to speak to with ease to a customer.

After the three group activities they ask everyone to come back to the room in approximately 20 mins for the results of the continuing candidates. ... They chose 4 people of the group. I was one of the candidates asked to move forward. I was then given at appointment time for a one on one with another set of management.

In that sitting you are asked to answer a few short questions regarding your work history and ask you questions concerning your answers.

Interview Questions
    • Give an example of a time you gave a first impression to someone .. Did they think something of you that is not true to character?   Answer Question