Alaska Airlines Interview Questions

Updated Aug 25, 2015

3.1

Anonymous Employee in Anchorage, AK

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Alaska Airlines (Anchorage, AK) in April 2015.

Interview

Traveled to the interview. There were about 72 people there which were divided into 3 groups for the group interview. We were each asked 2 questions and a group question. I really felt like this was a cattle call instead of an interview. There is no way with the two questions they could determine much of anything about anyone. Everyone should of at least been able to have a chance to give a short synopsis of what value I bring to the company and how they could benefit. Not sure what criteria they are going off of but I really feel like they are not going after quality people that could make a difference. Everyone there showed up, paid for airfares and I really feel we should of been given the opportunity to show who we are and what values we bring with us to Alaska Airlines.

Interview Questions

• Do you think its appropriate to post comments about a passenger on Facebook. Why or why not?   Answer Question

Ground Service Agent Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Alaska Airlines (Seattle, WA) in April 2015.

Interview

First you have a phone interview with a recruiter. After that you go to the interview location and have a one on one interview. After the interview you sit and wait for their decision. If you received the position you fill out all your paper work then schedule your testing. Very laid back and an easy interview

Interview Questions

• What would your current employer say your weakness is?   Answer Question

Negotiation

Didn't need to

Flight Attendant Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Alaska Airlines.

Interview

The day started early and promptly at 0800. Candidates were turned away in 0801. Forty one people made it by 0800. The day started with a one hour presentation about Alaska Airlines explaining their culture, the Flight Attendant career, the life on reserve, and how training works. Then we split up into groups of approximately 10 and had a group interview. During the group interview each person introduced themselves. They had us arrange in alphabetical order by last name. The recruiter handed out a card with one question on it and one by one we answered the question. After everyone was finished they went around and we had to say an interesting fact about ourselves that was not listed on our resume. Afterwards we were finished with the first session. We went on a break and back into the main room. After a little wait and everyone was back in the main room, HR came in and called 16 names. Those 16 were selected to move forward to the next step and everyone else was free to go. They gave us an interview time and released us to lunch. This interview was one-on-one and began with a Flight Attendant going over the basic qualifications of the job, the minimum requirements, pay, uniforms, and training. Then we had your typical HR interview with the situational based questions and they went over your application and work history. After the one on one interview we were told fairly quickly if we were going to advance to the final panel interview. Then there was about a three hour wait as others were finishing their one on ones. After everyone was finished with the one on one they had narrowed it down to 10 folks. We were split into two groups. The panel interview was one big group exercise. They want to see how you work together. The questions were situation based - what would you do or how would you handle - type questions. After our group was finished, we went into another room and waited. HR came in and said the were going to take us out individually and tell us the results. One candidate was called out and was not selected. HR came back into the room and offered the remaining four of us that we were successful.

Interview Questions

• Tell us a time when a previous employer implemented a policy change you either didn't agree with or weren't made aware of How did you handle it?   1 Answer

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Alaska Airlines.

Interview

After you sign in, you are asked to wait with others who have scheduled interviews at the same time. They next give you a 10 minute presentation about the company and an overview of the benefits and demands of the job. After that, you are taken one by one to another room where you sit either one-on-one or two-on-one and asked particular questions based on the information you have provided in your work experience sheets or your resume. Once that is finished, you wait again for them to come get you to give you a job offer or tell you that you were not selected.

Interview Questions

• I was asked what I like most about my current job. I was not asked at all about the job I held for 28 years, which was not in customer service. I had the minimum two years in customer service they required, but the prior job, which I attempted to draw parallels with to this job, was completely ignored. I believe that if I had gotten another of the recruiters, perhaps I would have been more successful. I came away thinking that company loyalty of 28 years didn't matter a bit to the interviewer.   Answer Question

Flight Attendant Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Alaska Airlines.

Interview

I agree with most of the reviews on the interview process. I would like to share a few things I noticed duuring the process. I unfortunatly did not move forward to the second half of the process. I was suprised at some of the candidates that were chosen, they were not the most professionally dressed. Most women had pants and wore trendy jewelry. Some had more makeup and trendy hairstyles. So dont let the "professional" appearance fool you. I think there are power words that you need to hit to get a certain score in order to move forward. I will try again and would still love to be hired.

Customer Service Agent Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Alaska Airlines.

Interview

The interviewers were very pleasant. From the minute you walk through the dir, you are given the opportunity to engage with interviewers and interviewees.. Take it, don't be shy. Like I said, the Alaska spirit shows in the employees as they are pleasant, and very welcoming it does not hurt to smile either. Smile as you would with your customers.

Flight Attendant Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Alaska Airlines.

Interview

Applied online 1/16/15 Received email 1/18/15 to answer questions 1. If hired, do you have COMPLETE open flexibility to relocate* to ANY and EACH one of our 5 domiciles - ANC, SEA, PDX, SAN or LAX (assignments are based on business needs and seniority)? **COMMUTING is NOT a viable option; getting a crash pad is acceptable though. 2. Have you had an IN PERSON interview with Alaska Airlines for the Flight Attendant position within the last 6 months? 3. Are you able to attend an interview, if selected, in Seattle, WA, Portland, OR, Southern California, or Anchorage, AK at YOUR OWN EXPENSE in the next few weeks? 4. WHICH location would you prefer to attend an interview at YOUR OWN EXPENSE? 5. What is the best phone number to reach you during the week? Notified 1/20/15 that they would like to schedule phone interview Phone interview 1/21/15 1. Tell me about yourself 2. Why Alaska 3. Tell about time you went above & beyond for a customer 4. What do you like least about your job Recruiter was so nice, made me feel welcomed, scheduled me for in person interview 1/28/15. The phone interviewer is not at the group interview. Group interview at 1/28/15 8:00 am As people waited, everyone had their smile on & actively spoke to each other. Some really worked the room, making sure to visit with most of the applicants on the other side of the room. Showed video talked about the F/A life & Alaska's benefits. Split us into groups & different rooms Our group had 15-20 people Each had to stand up, say first & last name, plus the spelling of our names, then asked "What job have you been most loyal too" Then they split us into groups of two, picked a card that has question on it. Situational questions, What do you do if a person doesn't want to wear a seat belt, What if a coworker is rude to a passenger, why should flight attendants be professional, what if a passenger wants you to save a meal & you run out before you get to his row. Everyone had great answers, then the interviewers challenged our answers to make us think of a better, different answer, or if were going to stick with our original answer. Interviewers were very nice till this point, then they really pushed. They really picked on some of the people more so than others, which actually felt rude & made the rest of us uncomfortable watching the back & forth relay. Then we were each asked to give them one detail that was not on our resume. (A hobby or interest) Again, answers were wonderful by all. We then were told to break, then meet back in the first room. We all took our seats, chatted with our neighbor until spokesperson read the names that were selected. Out of 90 people applying they chose 12-14. Not sure what happened in the other rooms, but in the group interview that I was in, only a few were chosen out of our group of 15-18. Really hard to say what Alaska was looking for. Dark hair, Asian, Mexican, African American were mostly chosen. Not beautiful/handsome, more of a plain look. Some were kind of frumpy looking. I can say the few from my group were very articulate, but my whole group really was amazing. Many previous flight attendants were NOT chosen. Alaska is funny this way. Maybe they think flight attendant's can't be retrained? I don't know, but I know many that have applied that are outstanding employees, & they don't get chosen. There were so many people from all walks of life that flew in from faraway places, on their own dollar, that really thought they had a good chance, they were devastated. Honestly, its too many people in these group interviews. So many should have been able to go to the next step that looked & acted the part but were cut right away. Another disappointment is having to wait another 6 months to reapply, when so many are capable & have the qualifications for this job that were passed over. The recruiters state over & over to reapply, but why state that if you have so many capable applicants there now?

Customer Service Agent Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Alaska Airlines (Seattle, WA) in March 2015.

Interview

They changed it this time to one on one rather than group interview. Less stressful, more focused on what you have to say. You know within 15 min.after it's over whether you got the job.

Anonymous Employee in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Alaska Airlines (Seattle, WA) in March 2015.

Interview

I didn't make it past the first exclusion round, but it was all a great experience. We were first informed on more facts about Alaska and what the job entailed and given a chance to meet each other and learn about each other's backgrounds and interests. Then, after being separated into groups, we were asked a series of only 3 questions. One of these questions was answered with a partner (or 2 in some cases). And that's it! Three questions and back to the full group for elimination. We are given another opportunity to talk with other applicants as we wait for the results. I stayed at the hotel for a while longer, it was really fun and interesting to meet others from totally different walks of life with similar interests. Just the fact that all of us are here brings a unity in interests....really cool!

Flight Attendant Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Alaska Airlines in March 2015.

Interview

First (phone) interview was pretty easy. She asked me a few questions and went over my job history (make sure you have your resume on hand). They're mostly hiring people who has customer service skills so make sure you incorporate that to your answers and make sure that you are flexible with work as far as scheduling. I got invited to a 2nd interview next month.