Alaska Airlines Interview Questions in SeaTac, WA

2.7

6 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Director Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in SeaTac, WA

I applied online. The process took 6 weeks - interviewed at Alaska Airlines.

There were two interviews, with the third to be with the division VP. The first interview was with the hiring manager (Managing Director) and an HR representative. The second interview was with peers; both directors in the same group. I was not passed on to the third interview.

Pros: The people I met with were quite nice. The HR representatives I spoke with for scheduling interviews were accommodating of my schedule conflicts.

Cons: The hiring manager didn't appear to know what she wanted from a final candidate. I was surprised at how surface level the questions were, with no apparent expectation that I discuss how I would show success in such a role or my past leadership experience. Post interview, the feedback was highly conflicting between the hiring manager and HR. The two were not on the same page.

I would not be interested in applying for future positions in that part of the organization.

Interview Questions
    • What do you want to do now that we won't see as beneficial for years to come?   Answer Question

CSA Air Freight Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in SeaTac, WA

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Alaska Airlines in May 2014.

Process:
    (1) Few days after applying for CSA Air Freight position, I got an email from a recruiter asking basic questions about the things that are required for this specific position.
    (2) After I sent her the answers, she then set up a phone interview with me in which she asked the same required questions plus some scenario-based and other questions.
    (3) Then I was invited for a group interview that had total of 20 candidates.
    (4) An Air Freight manager and a HR manager started the process by going over the company's history, culture, benefits etc. Once they were done with their presentation, they asked everyone to stand up one by one and tell everyone else that what was the best job we had and why.
    After this, everyone was given a unique scenario question to answer.
    Then we were split into teams of four and asked to come up with an idea of an aviation related product or service that doesn't already exist. (I think hey wanna see how good of a team player you are).
    (5) Total six people were selected for one-on-one interview and the rest were excused.
    This section was about 40-50 minutes long and they asked all kinds of questions.

IT Training Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in SeaTac, WA

I applied online. The process took 6 months - interviewed at Alaska Airlines in August 2013.

Phone screening interview, in person interview with hiring manager, interview by peer panel. Initial interview is brief one on one with an HR Generalist. Interview with hiring manager and peer panel, HR person is present for all.

Interview Questions
    • First ten minutes in the building an HR Generalist went through resume asking for each job in the past ten years, would this employer rehire you, were you ever disciplined for behavior issues? how much notice did you give when you left? This takes place in a public area where others are meeting, then again the same questioning is done in front of the hiring manager. Whatever you do, DO NOT joke or use humor. They take this very seriously in a negative way.   View Answer
    • Do you use nicotine in any form?
      No interviews for any nicotine use, drug test to confirm. Even an occasional cigar will get you booted out of consideration!
        Answer Question

Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in SeaTac, WA

I applied through a recruiter - interviewed at Alaska Airlines in July 2013.

You go through the interview process, they get your hopes up, then they decide to promote from within. Very frustrating.

Interview Questions
    • There were no difficult or unexpected questions.   View Answer

Program Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in SeaTac, WA

The process took 5 weeks - interviewed at Alaska Airlines in May 2011.

The hiring process seems very slow. HR is apparently involved in every interview and runs most of the session with the hiring manager having very little input. The whole process seemed very geared toward entry level candidates and not toward professionals. Lots of emphasis on drug testing, tobacco testing, background checks etc. Things that shouldn't be huge stumbling blocks for mature professionals.

Interview Questions
    • Walk through 10 years of work history.   Answer Question
    • Can you pass a tobacco test? Have you used any tobacco products in the last 6 months?   Answer Question

Director Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in SeaTac, WA

The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Alaska Airlines in March 2008.

I was contacted for a phone interview in response to an online application. Met with hiring manager and the person one level up. Very thoughtful people and great interview questions. The usual questions, plus some that had clearly taken thought to come up with. Later was invited back to interview with some folks with whom the role would interact. People seemed very earnest, committed, and friendly.

The disappointing part of the process was that, after three rounds of interviews, they never followed up with me. Ever.

Interview Questions

Worked for Alaska Airlines? Contribute to the Community!