Alaska Communications

Updated Oct 20, 2014

2.3

Customer Service and Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Anchorage, AK

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Alaska Communications in July 2014.

They contacted me the Monday after I had submitted my application online and gave me the initial phone interview after that they invited me in for a face to face interview where I sat down with the general manager for store front sales and a store manager and after they asked me all of the questions on their interview packet I asked my own questions about the company and after that they told me that they were going to send my paperwork off to HR and they will contact me in a couple days. After a whole week went by they had finally sent me an e-mail stating that the position had been filled.

Interview Questions
    • The most difficult question I ever have to answer at an interview is what makes me frustrated at work? I never have an answer to that because I don't go for jobs that I will dislike.   Answer Question

IT Project Manager Interview

1. Face to face interview with HR Manager. (General question are ask about background, education, and skills)
    2. Test on technical and communication skill relating to job description. (In depth question regarding ITIL or PMP process, how to handle certain task and communication withing stakeholders)
    3. Final interview with 3 to 4 department manager. (Role play and team question)

Sales Engineer -Pre Sales Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Las Vegas, NV
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Las Vegas, NV

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at Alaska Communications in June 2012.

I was contacted by their HR department and it was decided that I should move forward. Phone interview with who would be my manager. Then they flew me up to Anchorage for an extended weekend. Personal time over meal with manager. 5hrs of onsite touring and interviews with every level of management, and with my peers. Another personal time with a coworker, and then I flew home. Two weeks later I was made an offer, I declined, they countered, and I accepted. After that it was a full family move to Anchorage all expenses paid.

Interview Questions
    • Whether I thought me and my family could handle the winters in Anchorage.   View Answer
    • I told them I was very good at uncovering "upsale" potential and customer pain points and they asked me to give and example.   View Answer
    Yes I declined the first offer and they came back in the same phone call with what ended up being the final acceptable offer. They took time to explain to me the reasons they could not offer more, and I accepted their explanation.

Foreman Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Anchorage, AK

The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Alaska Communications in April 2012.

Laid back interview and as long you know the position, the people, the company things will go through just fine. Interviews can be tricky though at AC, you think everything goes great in the interview, you believe it is your best interview, but sometimes it's just not enough. Even with union representation, sometimes it just seems to be a little political, but isn't everything.

Call Center Representative Interview

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Alaska Communications in April 2012.

First interview was over the phone and was recommended to "stop by" the job fair they were doing. I met the hiring managers, but that was it. A waste of time when I had already applied for the position. There was a second interview at their corporate office, followed by a timed typing test. Then came the job offer.

Interview Questions
    • General interview questions - "Tell me a time..."; "tell me about your resume..."; etc.   Answer Question
    Because the position is union, there was no negotiation in pay.

Director, Workforce Planning, Recruitment, and Training Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Anchorage, AK

The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Alaska Communications in September 2011.

Since I was a contractor prior to interviewing for a full time job, I already had a good feel for the job responsibilities, team, and culture. It was not a difficult or time consuming interview process based on my conversion from being a contractor.

Accounting Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Anchorage, AK

The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Alaska Communications in December 2010.

Casual, unstructured Interview.