Alaska Communications

Relevance Date Difficulty

IT Project Manager Interview

IT Project Manager

Interviewed at Alaska Communications

Interview Details – 1. Face to face interview with HR Manager. (General question are ask about background, education, and skills)
2. Test on technical and communication skill relating to job description. (In depth question regarding ITIL or PMP process, how to handle certain task and communication withing stakeholders)
3. Final interview with 3 to 4 department manager. (Role play and team question)

Interview Question – It was straight forward question with no secret.   Answer Question

Very Easy Interview

Sales Engineer -Pre Sales Interview

Sales Engineer -Pre Sales
Las Vegas, NV

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at Alaska Communications in June 2012.

Interview Details – I was contacted by their HR department and it was decided that I should move forward. Phone interview with who would be my manager. Then they flew me up to Anchorage for an extended weekend. Personal time over meal with manager. 5hrs of onsite touring and interviews with every level of management, and with my peers. Another personal time with a coworker, and then I flew home. Two weeks later I was made an offer, I declined, they countered, and I accepted. After that it was a full family move to Anchorage all expenses paid.

Interview Questions

• Whether I thought me and my family could handle the winters in Anchorage.   View Answer
  • I told them I was very good at uncovering "upsale" potential and customer pain points and they asked me to give and example.   View Answer

Negotiation Details – Yes I declined the first offer and they came back in the same phone call with what ended up being the final acceptable offer. They took time to explain to me the reasons they could not offer more, and I accepted their explanation.

Foreman Interview

Foreman
Anchorage, AK

The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Alaska Communications in April 2012.

Interview Details – Laid back interview and as long you know the position, the people, the company things will go through just fine. Interviews can be tricky though at AC, you think everything goes great in the interview, you believe it is your best interview, but sometimes it's just not enough. Even with union representation, sometimes it just seems to be a little political, but isn't everything.

Accounting Interview

Accounting
Anchorage, AK

The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Alaska Communications in December 2010.

Interview Details – Casual, unstructured Interview.

Interview Question – What do you like to do in your spare time?   Answer Question

Very Easy Interview

Director, Workforce Planning, Recruitment, and Training Interview

Director, Workforce Planning, Recruitment, and Training
Anchorage, AK

The process took 2 days - interviewed at Alaska Communications in September 2011.

Interview Details – Since I was a contractor prior to interviewing for a full time job, I already had a good feel for the job responsibilities, team, and culture. It was not a difficult or time consuming interview process based on my conversion from being a contractor.

Interview Questions

Worked for Alaska Communications? Contribute to the Community!