Alaska Structures Interview Questions

Updated Jul 16, 2015

2.9

Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Alaska Structures (Seattle, WA).

Interview

Immature, unorganized, unrelated. Asked illegal, personal questions and quite frankly, some of the interviewers in a 15 person panel were hired actors.I was left to wait in the lobby for 30 minutes past my interview time then told I needed to adjust MY schedule IN THE INTERVIEW to fit theirs.

Interview Questions

• Would your current situation keep you from traveling or working late hours?   1 Answer

Marketing Assistant Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Alaska Structures.

Interview

I submitted my resume online and received an email to schedule a 30 minute phone interview. This would lead to a panel interview if approved by "the team." I did not receive an email back confirming the phone interview time.

Interview Questions

• What was the last book you read?   Answer Question
    • On a scale from 1 to 10, how well would you rank your expertise in Facebook/Adobe InDesign/iMovie/etc/etc/etc?   Answer Question
    • What kind of car do you drive and your selection process for purchasing it?   Answer Question
    • How do you feel about being a part of a company that markets globally?   Answer Question

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Alaska Structures.

Interview

They brought me in for interview for like probably 4 times. The first time someone else was there, then the person disappeared because she didn't like the work culture there. They're rather direct and they'll tell you it's like monarchy there.

Interview Questions

• There are many behavior questions, which you can BS very easily if you want the job. Not hard to get the job if you are desperate.   1 Answer

Receptionist/Administrative Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Kirkland, WA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Alaska Structures (Kirkland, WA) in May 2015.

Interview

It was a panel interview with all 5 of us candidates being interviewed at the same time, one after the other. I hate these kind because I don't think they effectively give their complete attention to each candidate. They informed us their turnover rate was 99% in this position, and many only lasted a few days. We are supposed to call them back and let them know if we are interested in the position. At that time they will schedule 2nd interviews.

Interview Questions

• What is Micro-management to you and do you like or dislike it? (They micro-manage they said)   7 Answers

Administrative Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a week. I interviewed at Alaska Structures (Seattle, WA) in May 2015.

Interview

Very strange, very unprofessional interview. Attitude of personnel was mocking, almost insulting. I was confronted by a crowd of employees with open Macbooks, all staring and very few asking questions. The CEO took the opportunity to lecture us on his political and humanitarian views, insulting NGOs such as World Vision and PATH as "not knowing how to do aid." Very strange and unprofessional.

Interview Questions

• They asked for your personality style, Director, Relator, Socializer, or Thinker.   1 Answer

Administrator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Kirkland, WA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Alaska Structures (Kirkland, WA) in April 2015.

Interview

The process was entirely unstructured. There were 5 candidates when I interviewed and the company interviewed us for 3 completely different positions all at the same time. At the beginning, 3 interviewers were present and they reviewed our resumes for the first time. During this time, one person asked a series of ad hoc questions of each of us. By the end of the interview process, it was revealed that the purpose of the interview was to "get to know us better and left us get to know you better". For the rest of the process, the CEO talked 90% of the time about his opinions about life, business, what makes good and bad philanthropy, and so on. Sometimes, what the CEO said was to answer a candidates question for the interviewers. Sometimes, it was in response to a candidate's answers to an interview question. Half the time, what was said was on an unrelated tangent. A few quotes that were said were: - "Facts are useless in the world of business" - "A business is all about taking money out of the other guy's pocket and putting it in your bank." - "Anyone who is task oriented can change the world. Anyone who is person oriented, will never change the world" - "Our products are crap. I hate our products... We are really good at what we do. We are probably better than anyone else in the world at what we do." - "Harvard finally caught up to me... boy am I an egotist of what?..." regarding the idea that business strategies don't ever work because they are too slow for the changing environment of business - "I've never set a goal in my life so your professor is wrong." regarding MY OWN professor's applied use of Locke & Latham's (2004) research on goal setting. This statement was followed up by another interviewer's question: "how does it make you feel to hear him say that?" - "I'm a [U of Oregon] Duck fan so it's great that I get to come in and dig on any Beavers in the room" said about me personally as an OSU graduate. - "I don't believe in work-life balance. You should want to come to work every Monday excited that you have five days of work to do and bummed out on Friday because their were 5 more things you wanted to do that week." This was the CEO and one other interviewer together. - "I have no idea what email client we use. And if that sends you running away from [this company], your not very smart. You need to be smart to know why what I just said should be a big draw for you to this company... I don't know how to spell IT and I don't want to..." Ultimately, the interview process was not a very useful experience for me and, considering the interviewers claimed they have a really high turnover rate the first year, it was not likely very cost effective for the company.

Interview Questions

• "How does it make you feel to hear him say that?" - regarding the CEO telling me that my professor is wrong about the effectiveness of goal setting.   1 Answer

Operational/Administrative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Kirkland, WA

Application

I applied through other source. I interviewed at Alaska Structures (Kirkland, WA).

Interview

Ridiculous; rude; unprofessional....need I say more? Read the other reviews and ask yourself is it worth your time and effort showing up for an interview where you'll be subjected to the behaviors I've listed. Keep in mind life's too short. I can't have the time I spent interviewing back so please heed this and the other reviews; they are factual. What's truly mind-boggling is that this company has been able to hire and actually on-board employees. The best things in life aren't things so eat beans and live in a tent (or one of the company's fabricated shelters) if you have to as working within the unprofessional and antagonistic culture embedded at Alaska Structures as evidenced in the interview process would be far worse.

Interview Questions

• The theme was 'we do the impossible'....'we are great'....etc. etc. etc. Of note is I did mention I'd like to hear the facts on how the 'impossible' was actually performed and received a vague, convoluted response. There were plenty of long silences between the interview panel's utterances and they asked no substantive questions. The panel's only purpose was to be in complete control of the interview room; the interviewee was inconsequential.   1 Answer

Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Kirkland, WA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Alaska Structures (Kirkland, WA) in February 2015.

Interview

It is what the other reviews stated. An interview before 7am, asking if I would mind doing things out of my job description like laundry etc and if minded working overtime. Im glad I looked the company up and read the reviews. Not getting a good feeling I opted not to go to the interview in person.

Interview Questions

• Where would you draw the line when you are asked to do something out of your job desciption   Answer Question

Office Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Kirkland, WA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Alaska Structures (Kirkland, WA).

Interview

Just expect it to be strange. They want to see if people can go with the flow or if they are the type of person who can't even get through a few strange things happening in their interview. Group interview are common.

Interview Questions

• Don't say what you think they want you to. Every question is just designed to see who bull sh*%s them and who is honest. They can read your mind, so don't lie. Not that it matters too much cause you will find out later that everything you thought you knew is a lie already. A lot of on a scale of 1 to 10 questions, never pick 5. They want people who take a stand and have a firm opinion. They get more satisfaction out of breaking firm opinions.   Answer Question

Receptionist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Kirkland, WA

Application

I applied through other source. The process took a week. I interviewed at Alaska Structures (Kirkland, WA).

Interview

Asked to show up at 5:30 A.M. No, not a typo...you read right - 5:30 A.M. Doors were locked, poor preparation on their part. Once you find a way inside, you sit among 5 other candidates that faced the same problem. When the interview starts, you hear about how great they are, and continue to get more and more confused about why you're there. Interview is interrupted by people coming in and out of the room and a pack of dogs running around the office. No, not a typo - you read right - a pack of dogs running around the office.

Interview Questions

• Why am I the best man for the job? Tough to answer.....especially when you start to wonder about their sanity.   Answer Question