Alaska USA Interview Questions

Updated Dec 22, 2014
Updated Dec 22, 2014

Branch Teller Interview

Interview

Interviewing process was good, but it seemed to take a long while for the background check and a salary offer. Pretty standard interview questions were asked. Benefits discussed we're appealing.

Interview Questions

• How do I handle working under pressure with upset people?   1 Answer

Negotiation

N/a

Financial Services Consultant Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Alaska USA (Renton, WA).

Interview

The hiring process was very simple. I applied online and got a phone call asking for an interview. The interview was at the corporate office in Renton with the hiring manager, who was very friendly and professional. The front staff were all welcoming and pleasant. The interview itself was fairly basic. There were no questions that you wouldn't find in a Google search for financial industry interview questions, so you should be able to prepare easily. The questions included naming 3 weaknesses, 3 strengths, why you're interested in the position, how you handle stressful situations, what makes you the best candidate, etc. Nothing too out of the box. I remember fumbling with a specific question, but the interviewer was super understanding and suggested coming back to it at the end of the interview. I thought I had blown my chances right then, but I was eventually offered the job, so I appreciate their ability to understand that nerves can play a part in an otherwise good interview.

Interview Questions

• No specific question, but they do like multiple answers to the same question (3 weaknesses, 3 strengths, reasons why you'd like to work there, etc.)   Answer Question

Negotiation

I was offered a salary instead of an hourly pay rate, and I accepted the first offer (I was fresh out of school and felt no room for negotiation). I'm not sure they are super flexible, based on what I've heard from coworkers.

Financial Services Consultant Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Alaska USA (Fairbanks, AK) in December 2012.

Interview

A manager called me for an interview about a week after submitting a resume, the interview was conducted with 2 managers present asking open ended questions about my experience and life goals/challenges.

Interview Questions

• They asked me if I could have a superhero characteristic what would it be, this was only hard because I don't watch a lot of movies and I was unsure what the "best answer" would be.   Answer Question

Negotiation

I told them I would think about it, after consulting with an employee who then told me the company has monthly and quarterly bonuses as well as differential pay I decided to accept the offer of 26k annually + 15% of base since the hours were in a retail store which is open 7 days a week.

Financial Reporting Specialist I Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Alaska USA (Anchorage, AK) in November 2012.

Interview

This position is interviewed by the Finance Manager and one of the most tenured Analysts in the department. Everyone is very friendly and not intimidating. Candidates are chosen first based on their qualifications and then the interview is used to get to know the individual to see how genuine they are.

Interview Questions

• Where do you get your passion from?   1 Answer

Negotiation

I did not negotiate anything because I was a student at the time and wanted to get my foot in the door to begin working in the career field of my choice. Later, the Finance Manager worked out a way to increase my pay due to my experience and education.

Msr Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Alaska USA (Hesperia, CA) in February 2012.

Interview

The night that I applied for the job online, i recieved a phone call asking if I was available for an interview. That friday I had an interview with 3 people in one of the offices, 2 were managers from 2 seperate branches that were hiring. They were raelly nice and friendly and made me feel relaxed.
    The interview went really well, and then on the following tuesday I got a cal asking if I wanted the job!
    I've been working here for 4 months and am as happy I took the job.

Support Analyst III Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Alaska USA (Apple Valley, CA) in June 2010.

Interview

Mostly asked what experience or certification I had. Such as SCCM, Citrix, exchange, SAN, desktop experience, Linux, Unix, six, symitar. Apparently, you will be interview by one manager, if you don't fit with his group then he/she will send you to another group. They will see if you fit in there. Help desk is its own entity.

Interview Questions

• How do you deal with coworkers who will not share information? Do you like on-calls or to work way and beyond 40hrs per week. How do you deal with office gossip?   1 Answer

Negotiation

3 phase. First interview was a meet and greet. Second interview they were interested but the offer was way low. I took a couple of months to get my cert and they called back for a third interview. Third interview we met in the middle, with the on calls and bonus I was a close to the salary I wanted to be.