Albany International Interview Questions

3.3

Interviews for Top Jobs at Albany International

Finance Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Albany International in August 2014.

Interview

30 minutes phone interview No self-introduction, just questions Asked about your short term and long term goals, what did you learn from your previous experience. What kind of manager you would like to work with

Interview Questions

• What attracts you about this job? What is important quality to do finance jobs?   Answer Question

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Albany International.

Interview

I applied to this position on an online job board and received an e-mail the following week to discuss the opportunity further on the phone. This phone call lasted less than half an hour, just briefly going over my resume. I was then e-mailed again to fill out a personality survey, and my 5 hour interview schedule was given to me. I drove there 15 minutes ahead of schedule, thinking that I was at the correct building due to the big company sign. I walked around for several minutes only to find construction workers working there. When I located the correct building, I was a few minutes tardy, but the recruiter said that it was not my fault. I sat in a small room while the interviewers came in one by one for every hour that had passed. I was given a series of questions relating to my prior working experience. I had just graduated from college, in which the interviewers seemed to frown upon for some reason. I told them that being close to the area is a good thing and that I was capable of doing the job. I was called, "biast" and that I "lack experience". I was then asked, "Do you have anything else to add in order for us to consider you for this position?" I felt like I was being attacked and I knew that they were not going to hire a recent college graduate like myself. Hours had past, I had my lunch interview, a tour around the plant, then benefits were discussed and I was able to ask questions. I left the building then sent out my thank you e-mails, and that was that.

Tooling Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Rochester, NH

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at Albany International (Rochester, NH) in May 2012.

Interview

I was first contacted by a third party recruitment firm who asked if I would be interested in the job. He sent me the job descriptions and I sent my resume back to him. The recruiter sent them my resume and they immediately wanted to fly me and my same sex spouse up to interview. It sounded like they were very impressed with my resume. My same sex spouse has fibromyalgia and other back problems, so I told them that the only way she could come was if it was first class, and they said yes. So we flew first class into Manchester, NH and drove an hour to Dover and I had my interview the next day at 9am and it lasted until 1pm. I first met with two ladies from HR who asked me all the hard questions like "tell me a time where you were challenged?" Then I had a tour thru the plant there in Rochester, and I was in total amazement and was excited about working there. I then sat down with the person who was to be my boss and the person who was his boss. They told me about the job and apparently I did not show my excitement enough. After that, we had a working lunch and I was allowed to ask questions. I was really impressed by everything I saw there. They have amazing benefits, and I am horribly ashamed that I screwed up the interview, because I was devistated to hear that they passed on me because I was not excited enough about the job. I am not sure what I could have done differently. The people there were very nice and accomodating and I enjoyed the interview process (as much as one can). They expect a 45 hour work week, which is not bad.