Albemarle

Relevance Date Difficulty

Senior Process Engineer Interview

Senior Process Engineer
Baton Rouge, LA

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Albemarle in June 2014.

Interview Details – i applied online. several weeks later i received a phone screen email to which applied. they had trouble getting their software to sync correctly which struck me as kind of odd. anyway, it was the typical phone screen with the exception of some heat transfer and distillation questions, to which even the interviewer felt was odd. furthermore, i was having to explain to the interviewer what was being asked lol. anyway, several weeks later i received the typical decline email. this is the second time albemarle has wasted my time with all these hoops and no onsite interview. im really starting to wonder if they are even considering folks that arent local as that seems to be a hidden issue here.

Interview Question – the impromptu questions about heat transfer and distillation. on a phone screen? really?   View Answer

R&D Chemist Interview

R&D Chemist
Baton Rouge, LA

I applied through a staffing agency and the process took a day - interviewed at Albemarle in June 2014.

Interview Details – The interview took one day. I applied through a staffing agency. He started off by telling me all about the company and when it was my turn, I told him all about me and of course other questions followed depending on what I put on my resume and what I said.

Interview Question – What did you learn in Analytical Chemistry class?   Answer Question

Very Easy Interview

Electrical Engineer Interview

Electrical Engineer

I applied through college or university and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Albemarle.

Interview Details – Applied through my school's career center. Received an on-campus interview with a senior engineer. The interview was all behavioral, but not question-oriented. The enigineer and I basically had a 40 minute chat about various aspects of my resume, the company, and the job.

We want your feedback – Is this interview information helpful to you?  Yes | No

Process Engineer Interview

Process Engineer

Interview Details – Applied through university career center. Got selected as an alternate. Went to the career fair and talked to them at the booth and said "Hey, I'm an alternate, but I'm really interested in your company" Got an email later that day saying I was guaranteed a spot.

1st Interview: half with HR (all behavioral) and half with an engineer (technical)

2nd interview: a few days after 1st interview, also on campus with a more senior engineer / hiring manager (some technical some behavioral)

Interview Questions

• Hardest technical questions asked about running a distallation to separate hexane and hexene. Which one would come off the top of the column and why?   View Answer
  • Also was asked a few questions about how to troubleshoot something wrong in a plant. For example: "you have a flow meter that should show a flow, and it's reading zero. What do you check?"   View Answer
  • Basic chemical engineering, unit operations questions. Tests your understanding heat exchangers, pump curves, process design etc.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Asked for a higher salary or signing bonus and they said no, but it didn't hurt to ask. I still received a 5k signing bonus.

Summer Intern/ChE Student Interview

Summer Intern/ChE Student
West Lafayette, IN

I applied through college or university and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Albemarle in October 2013.

Interview Details – Got in contact through career office at my university. They contacted me to interview. He then got back to me 4 weeks later with their decision not to hire me. They were very open and stuck to their word when it came to sticking to the deadlines they set. Also, they said that they were looking more for juniors as interns than they were for sophomores.

Interview Question – I was a first semester sophomore, so the first question was hard for me. He asked "What would you do to improve the efficiency of our production in our plants?" After going through more classes, I realize this is not too hard of a question, but it was difficult at the time.   Answer Question

Process Engineer Interview

Process Engineer

I applied through college or university and the process took 3 days - interviewed at Albemarle.

Interview Details – Applied through University career website and was invited for an interview.

Interview was an hour long with about half being behavioral and half being technical. Got invited back to the second round interview two days later.

Interview Question – Name a time when you had to adjust your attitudes in order for a group to succeed   Answer Question

Mechanical Engineer Interview

Mechanical Engineer

I applied through college or university - interviewed at Albemarle in October 2013.

Interview Details – I applied online thru our university career services, I got invited for on campus interview, there were 2 -30 mins interviews, one behavioral and one technical. Did not get invited for second round on their site

Interview Question – Talk about difference between valves and their applications   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Intern

Interviewed at Albemarle

Interview Details – Applied through my university's career website and received an interview my sophomore year of college. It had a technical portion to the interview.

Interview Question – Biggest weakness   Answer Question

Electrical Engineer Interview

Electrical Engineer
Charleston, SC

I applied through college or university and the process took a day - interviewed at Albemarle in March 2012.

Interview Details – We conducted an interview at my college with 2 members of Albermarle. One from HR/Hiring, the other specifically from the Engineering Department.

Interview Question – What do you think is most important for a business; Safety, Productivity, or Cost?   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Intern
University Of, FL

I applied through college or university and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Albemarle in September 2012.

Interview Details – I got the interview by filling out an application on my school's career center website, and was contacted by Albemarle about a week later for an interview. The interview was with 2 engineers and featured only non-technical questions. Most of the questions were fairly standard. It took about 30-40 minutes, and I received notification of my offer about a week after the interview.

Interview Question – What is your biggest weakness?   Answer Question

Reason for Declining – I got a better offer from another company.

Interviews for Top Jobs at Albemarle

Worked for Albemarle? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Albemarle interview questions and advice. All 22 interview reviews posted anonymously by Albemarle employees and interview candidates.