Albert Einstein College of Medicine Interview Questions

Updated Aug 26, 2015

2.7

Research Fellow Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bronx, NY

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Albert Einstein College of Medicine (Bronx, NY).

Interview

Interview took place with the investigator 1:1. Surprisingly there was no interest for powerpoint presentation with projector in presence of whole lab / group members. Few questions on research interest were asked, and it was promised that the salary will be given as per the NIH rules for post doctoral fellowship. However after joining it was observed that the salary provided every year was below the levels as given by NIH guidelines as well as guidelines given by the Albert Einstein college of Medicine. No promotions even if you have impressive research experience, expertise, skills, teamwork ability, dedication, awards, performance, achievements, scientific publications, etc. Worked in this college for over 4 years however I did not receive any appreciation for my contributions. I felt like discrimination persists in this college. However few faculties in this college are really very good,very encouraging, appreciating, supportive and non biased.

Interview Questions

• General questions on past research experience.   1 Answer

Negotiation

I was deceived with respect to the salary as per the NIH guidelines. Even after working for over 4 years salary never matched the rules of the college or of NIH. Please make sure you get right stipend/salary mentioned by NIH and as per the rules of this college. Some investigators do not pay as per the rules. If you dont get the promise of salary as per the rules please look for better places or look for better investigators immediately. Do not waste your time.

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Albert Einstein College of Medicine.

Interview

One interview with leading Dr. of study. He asked various questions about past experiences and why I wanted the job. The job seemed great but not sure I had enough experience.

Interview Questions

• What past experiences have you had with statistical analysis?   Answer Question

Grad Student Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bronx, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Albert Einstein College of Medicine (Bronx, NY).

Interview

Initially offered an interview in response to graduate school application (requires good GRE score, previous laboratory work experience), the school paid for a flight to NYC to interview, which was a 2-day process consisting of various meetings, presentations, a tour of the facilities, labs, core facilities and campus. I also interview with 5 separate professors for 20-30 minutes each individually where they asked about my research interests and previous experience.

Interview Questions

• Describe your research. Why do you want to go to graduate school?   Answer Question

Research Technician C Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bronx, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 5+ weeks. I interviewed at Albert Einstein College of Medicine (Bronx, NY) in December 2014.

Interview

Met with HR, they processed the papers quickly. Had to wait several weeks for a physical then when I showed up for the physical, there was not a doctor available. The whole process took approximately 6 weeks.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Just one offer, I asked for more and they bumped me up one level to make a little more.

Posrdoctoral Research Fellow Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bronx, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Albert Einstein College of Medicine (Bronx, NY) in July 2014.

Interview

Applied and they responded with an on-site interview. Came for a whole day interview and I first present my PhD thesis talk. Later, I meet everybody in the group and was given a tour to the labs we can work. Finally the next day I got the offer through email.

Program Manager Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Albert Einstein College of Medicine.

Interview

I found out about the position through my school's career services office and the hiring manager emailed me the same day as I submitted my application materials to schedule a phone interview. After a successful phone screening, I went in several times to meet with the hiring manager and the rest of the group. The interview questions were fairly straightforward and pertained to my background. Ultimately, however, the culture of the organization and the project itself was not the best fit for me.

Budget Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Bronx, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Albert Einstein College of Medicine (Bronx, NY) in July 2013.

Interview

I applied in-person and the process took 3 months. Initial contact by HR and coordination of interview was smooth and easy. The HR interviewer was nice and asked questions that are general but clearly stated. Peer interviewers were not as friendly. Topics discussed were not related to the position nor about applicant. Reluctant to provide information on the position and work environment. After all the time I invested in preparing for the interviews, HR should have reciprocated common courtesy of informing me that they choose another less qualified candidate.

Postdoctoral Fellow Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Albert Einstein College of Medicine in February 2013.

Interview

Applied online. Emailed multiple times. Called the PI's office. Had a Skype interview a few weeks later.

Interview Questions

• Do you have experience working with mice? Are you okay handling mice?   Answer Question

Negotiation

I did not negotiate

Graduate Student Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Albert Einstein College of Medicine.

Interview

Formal interviews 1st day-dress to impress! Read up a little bit on the people you will be interviewing with, but don't go crazy. Make sure you know the stuff you put in your resume. Day 2 is more relaxed, business casual (with some good walking shoes).

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Nothing to negotiate.

Substance Abuse Counselor Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at Albert Einstein College of Medicine (New York, NY) in January 2013.

Interview

The hiring process took a while. They gave me a call to schedule an interview three weeks after I submitted my application. Also, the call back about the job offer took over three weeks to come. I suppose they were very thorough with the interview process and had quite a high number of applicants.

Interview Questions

• They asked what policy if any in my previous counseling positions I did not agree with but followed any way   Answer Question

Scheduling conflicts