Albert Einstein College of Medicine

17 candidate interviews
Relevance Date Difficulty

Postdoctoral Fellow Interview

Postdoctoral Fellow

I applied online - interviewed at Albert Einstein College of Medicine in February 2013.

Interview Details – Applied online. Emailed multiple times. Called the PI's office. Had a Skype interview a few weeks later.

Interview Question – Do you have experience working with mice? Are you okay handling mice?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – I did not negotiate

Program Manager Interview

I applied through college or university and interviewed at Albert Einstein College of Medicine.

Interview Details – I found out about the position through my school's career services office and the hiring manager emailed me the same day as I submitted my application materials to schedule a phone interview. After a successful phone screening, I went in several times to meet with the hiring manager and the rest of the group. The interview questions were fairly straightforward and pertained to my background. Ultimately, however, the culture of the organization and the project itself was not the best fit for me.

Interview Question – All questions were straightforward   Answer Question

Budget Analyst Interview

Bronx, NY

I applied online - interviewed at Albert Einstein College of Medicine in July 2013.

Interview Details – I applied in-person and the process took 3 months. Initial contact by HR and coordination of interview was smooth and easy. The HR interviewer was nice and asked questions that are general but clearly stated. Peer interviewers were not as friendly. Topics discussed were not related to the position nor about applicant. Reluctant to provide information on the position and work environment. After all the time I invested in preparing for the interviews, HR should have reciprocated common courtesy of informing me that they choose another less qualified candidate.

Interview Question – Why do you want to work here?   Answer Question

Substance Abuse Counselor Interview

New York, NY

I applied online and the process took 6 weeks - interviewed at Albert Einstein College of Medicine in January 2013.

Interview Details – The hiring process took a while. They gave me a call to schedule an interview three weeks after I submitted my application. Also, the call back about the job offer took over three weeks to come. I suppose they were very thorough with the interview process and had quite a high number of applicants.

Interview Question – They asked what policy if any in my previous counseling positions I did not agree with but followed any way   Answer Question

Reason for Declining – Scheduling conflicts

Graduate Student Interview

I applied online and the process took 3 months - interviewed at Albert Einstein College of Medicine.

Interview Details – Formal interviews 1st day-dress to impress! Read up a little bit on the people you will be interviewing with, but don't go crazy. Make sure you know the stuff you put in your resume. Day 2 is more relaxed, business casual (with some good walking shoes).

Interview Question – Why do you want to become a scientist?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Nothing to negotiate.

Summer Volunteer Laboratory Technician Interview

Bronx, NY

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 5 days - interviewed at Albert Einstein College of Medicine in June 2011.

Interview Details – After hearing by word of mouth, applied in person directly to the department under which the PI had an opening. No formal interview, but met with the PI, postdocs, and clinical researcher in his lab to understand the nature of the work and see if it was mutually a good fit.

Interview Question – Being able to calculate how to make a % solution off the top of my head.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – I didn't know how much work I would be given, but it turned out that I worked full time, which was an excellent experience. I was only offered a paid position under a different principal investigator after several months at the first. The second PI had some funding available, whereas the first didn't. I wouldn't have been offered the paid position (actually still a trainee) if I hadn't already volunteered.

Administrator Interview

Administrator
Bronx, NY

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Albert Einstein College of Medicine in October 2010.

Interview Details – HR contacted me by phone. They told me the maximum salary upfront and set-up an interview with the Director of the department. I met with HR briefly and then met with the Director. HR called the following week with an offer.

Interview Question – What experience do you have with producing meetings and events?   Answer Question

Research Technician B Interview

Bronx, NY

The process took a day - interviewed at Albert Einstein College of Medicine in October 2011.

Interview Details – Interview started with a 45min meeting with HR. I was asked general questions about my long term plans, why I applied for this job, why I would be a good fit, etc. Then I had a second interview with the lab PI, wherein I was asked more specific questions like my research experience, examples of how I worked independently to solve a problem in a lab setting, what my hobbies were, and what I knew about the subject matter of the research.

Interview Question – What are some of your hobbies that show aptitude for skills needed in the lab?   Answer Question

Reasearcher Interview

Bronx, NY

I applied through college or university and the process took a day - interviewed at Albert Einstein College of Medicine in November 2010.

Interview Details – The interview consisted of a skills test, it required me to speak, read, write and translate Bengali, which I did with ease because it is my native language. She is a professor of the college and was doing a research on Bengali women. The interview was pretty standard nothing out of the ordinary, but it was very friendly. She brought in one of her friend who helps her with the research, and who was also a Bengali, and me and her spoke in Bengali in front of the main interviewer.

Interview Questions

Environmental Health and Safety Technician Interview

Bronx, NY

I applied online and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Albert Einstein College of Medicine in October 2009.

Interview Details – I applied for the position online, then just 2 weeks later HR called to schedule a phone interview that week. It went very well since I was/am enthusiastic about the position. Two days after the phone interview, I was scheduled for an on site interview that took place the following week. I met with one person in HR, the director of the department and three employees. I loved the atmosphere, they were extremely nice and respectful people, and they explained everything concerning the position. I've been in communication with the company for the past month and I am scheduled for Medical a few days from now. No offer as yet.

Interview Question – I was prepared and was able to answer every question asked.   Answer Question

Flag Interview  |  Add Employer Response

Worked for Albert Einstein College of Medicine? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Albert Einstein College of Medicine interview questions and advice. All 17 interview reviews posted anonymously by Albert Einstein College of Medicine employees and interview candidates.