Albert Einstein College of Medicine

Updated Oct 30, 2014
Updated Oct 30, 2014

2.6

Program Manager Interview

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Albert Einstein College of Medicine.

I found out about the position through my school's career services office and the hiring manager emailed me the same day as I submitted my application materials to schedule a phone interview. After a successful phone screening, I went in several times to meet with the hiring manager and the rest of the group. The interview questions were fairly straightforward and pertained to my background. Ultimately, however, the culture of the organization and the project itself was not the best fit for me.

Budget Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bronx, NY

I applied online – interviewed at Albert Einstein College of Medicine in July 2013.

I applied in-person and the process took 3 months. Initial contact by HR and coordination of interview was smooth and easy. The HR interviewer was nice and asked questions that are general but clearly stated. Peer interviewers were not as friendly. Topics discussed were not related to the position nor about applicant. Reluctant to provide information on the position and work environment. After all the time I invested in preparing for the interviews, HR should have reciprocated common courtesy of informing me that they choose another less qualified candidate.

Postdoctoral Fellow Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Albert Einstein College of Medicine in February 2013.

Applied online. Emailed multiple times. Called the PI's office. Had a Skype interview a few weeks later.

Interview Questions
    • Do you have experience working with mice? Are you okay handling mice?   Answer Question
    I did not negotiate

Graduate Student Interview

I applied online. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at Albert Einstein College of Medicine.

Formal interviews 1st day-dress to impress! Read up a little bit on the people you will be interviewing with, but don't go crazy. Make sure you know the stuff you put in your resume. Day 2 is more relaxed, business casual (with some good walking shoes).

Nothing to negotiate.

Substance Abuse Counselor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied online. The process took 6 weeksinterviewed at Albert Einstein College of Medicine in January 2013.

The hiring process took a while. They gave me a call to schedule an interview three weeks after I submitted my application. Also, the call back about the job offer took over three weeks to come. I suppose they were very thorough with the interview process and had quite a high number of applicants.

Interview Questions
    • They asked what policy if any in my previous counseling positions I did not agree with but followed any way   Answer Question

Scheduling conflicts

Research Technician B Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bronx, NY

The process took a dayinterviewed at Albert Einstein College of Medicine in October 2011.

Interview started with a 45min meeting with HR. I was asked general questions about my long term plans, why I applied for this job, why I would be a good fit, etc. Then I had a second interview with the lab PI, wherein I was asked more specific questions like my research experience, examples of how I worked independently to solve a problem in a lab setting, what my hobbies were, and what I knew about the subject matter of the research.

Interview Questions
    • What are some of your hobbies that show aptitude for skills needed in the lab?   Answer Question

Summer Volunteer Laboratory Technician Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bronx, NY

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Albert Einstein College of Medicine in June 2011.

After hearing by word of mouth, applied in person directly to the department under which the PI had an opening. No formal interview, but met with the PI, postdocs, and clinical researcher in his lab to understand the nature of the work and see if it was mutually a good fit.

Interview Questions
    • Being able to calculate how to make a % solution off the top of my head.   Answer Question
    I didn't know how much work I would be given, but it turned out that I worked full time, which was an excellent experience. I was only offered a paid position under a different principal investigator after several months at the first. The second PI had some funding available, whereas the first didn't. I wouldn't have been offered the paid position (actually still a trainee) if I hadn't already volunteered.

Reasearcher Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bronx, NY

I applied through college or university. The process took a dayinterviewed at Albert Einstein College of Medicine in November 2010.

The interview consisted of a skills test, it required me to speak, read, write and translate Bengali, which I did with ease because it is my native language. She is a professor of the college and was doing a research on Bengali women. The interview was pretty standard nothing out of the ordinary, but it was very friendly. She brought in one of her friend who helps her with the research, and who was also a Bengali, and me and her spoke in Bengali in front of the main interviewer.

Interview Questions
    • You live very far from here how do you plan to come in?   View Answer
    • Do you have a question for us?   View Answer

Administrator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bronx, NY

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Albert Einstein College of Medicine in October 2010.

HR contacted me by phone. They told me the maximum salary upfront and set-up an interview with the Director of the department. I met with HR briefly and then met with the Director. HR called the following week with an offer.

Interview Questions
    • What experience do you have with producing meetings and events?   Answer Question

Automation Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bronx, NY

I applied through other source. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Albert Einstein College of Medicine in July 2010.

My experience was probably not common, but I went through a phone interview and then about a week later did the on site interview with HR for ~ 45 minutes then met with the lab director and personnel. Relaxed atomosphere with no tough questions. Most questions wanted to know if the position was in my long term plans.

Interview Questions
    No negotiation on my part. I needed a job.