Alberta Blue Cross Interview Questions

Updated Aug 12, 2015

2.6

Pharmacy Services Interview

Anonymous Employee in Edmonton, AB (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Alberta Blue Cross (Edmonton, AB (Canada)) in June 2015.

Interview

Applied and got response for interview within a week. Easy interview. Nice people. Bad post-interview communication. Will give you the run around. Had to keep calling back and have been told that they are busy.

Web Designer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Edmonton, AB (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Alberta Blue Cross (Edmonton, AB (Canada)) in March 2015.

Interview

An hour of tests (written, math, personality) in a private room. Nice staff who made me very comfortable. Then a Panel interview where we reviewed the position, my qualifications, and the companies philosophy and history. It lasted about an hour and was very thorough.

Interview Questions

• Describe a difficult situation with employees, and how did you handle it?   Answer Question

Pharmacy Call Centre Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Edmonton, AB (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Alberta Blue Cross (Edmonton, AB (Canada)) in February 2015.

Interview

I applied for this position and within 2 weeks received a phone call for an interview. Before my interview I was asked to complete some assessments. Personality / work ethic and some skill testing question which were fairly easy just as long as you stay true to who you are and how you would react in certain situations. The tests are timed but I didn't mind the testing portion. During the interview I met with 3 people 1 department manager 1 mentor 1 HR recruiter I felt really relaxed and they were very patient with my and in giving my responses. They were even willing to give me examples to the interview questions . I was told I would know either way if I was offered the position and it should take about a week to make a decision. A week later I received a job offer.

Interview Questions

• Can you provide a time where you met or exceeded your expectation?   Answer Question

Systems Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Alberta Blue Cross.

Interview

First HR then Technical easy process I applied through a recruiter and the process took 1 week - Interview Details Very employees selection process. I had 4 interviews with people at different management positions.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

yes u can do it

Web Administrator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Edmonton, AB (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Alberta Blue Cross (Edmonton, AB (Canada)) in May 2013.

Interview

There were three written tests- aptitude, personality and related technical test. The first two were common for all positions and the last one usually related to the position you are applying. Then there was an interview which included atleast one HR person and more than two technical people. They asked more than 25 questions continuously regarding the current job you are doing and past experiences.

Interview Questions

• Your past experience does not seem to match with the position we are offering? Why should we hire you?   1 Answer
    • Do you want to be a technical leader or people's leader?   Answer Question
    • how do you absorb a lot of learning in a short amount of time?   Answer Question
    • why do you want to join this organisation?   Answer Question
    • which is the most difficult situation you ever faced?   Answer Question

Customer Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Edmonton, AB (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Alberta Blue Cross (Edmonton, AB (Canada)) in March 2013.

Interview

I heard from the HR recruiting department within 1 week of applying for this position online back in March of 2013 and an interview was quickly scheduled. When I first arrived I did an IQ test and then a psychological test. The HR representive said I should answer the questions on the psychological test based on my old job position but the instructions stated to answer the questions based on what my role would be.. Confusing. Then I was made to wait in the waiting area for over 30 mins and then I was called into an interview with an HR person and a manager from the customer service dept. I was asked a lot of questions about my experience, about what I wanted from my new job etc, and at one point the manager rudely asked me if I originally grew up in Ontario why wasn't I working in Ontario? at this point I had been living and working in Edmonton for 8 years. Then I was handed a bunch of paperwork about my salary and the job benefits etc but was told I would be called within 5 days and told if I was successful or not. 5 days came and went and no answer. Waited an additional 3 days and then I finally reached out to the HR rep. They never returned my phone call. 2 days after that I get a standard email stating I was not successful and did not get the job. After that about ever 3 months for over a year Alberta Blue Cross continued to send me emails stating I was not successful and did not get the position. Even though I never re-applied or anything like that. After continually receiving these emails for over 1 year I finally replied to their email and pleased asked them to take me out of their database as I was no longer interested in the position and I was still getting these emails. I got no reply, however since then no more emails.

Interview Questions

• In some ways I felt the interview was unprofessional. I was asked why I didn't want to work in Ontario, just because I was born there after already living in Edmonton to 8 years.   Answer Question

Senior Software Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Vancouver, BC (Canada)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Alberta Blue Cross (Vancouver, BC (Canada)) in February 2012.

Interview

I was contacted by HR for a phone interview. After a couple of weeks took two online tests. One IQ test and a technical quiz. The whole hiring process did take place within a month.

Insurance Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 6+ months. I interviewed at Alberta Blue Cross in January 2011.

Interview

Worst interview on record. I was asked in advance to work on a "case" and email it back before the interview. Given just a few days to complete. Was not even discussed. Recruiter was young, inexperienced and immature. Questions lame. I was told the usual BS about decision time frames - nothing, no response when emailing, My respect and credibility for this organization is in the toilet. Most likely would have turned it down simply because of the overall unprofessional behavior.

Team Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Edmonton, AB (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Alberta Blue Cross (Edmonton, AB (Canada)) in January 2011.

Interview

Online application was standard if a bit archaic and cumbersome to use. The interview was with the manager of the position being recruited for and one HR person. Both interviewers were very pleasant and easy to talk with - the HR person was a fairly young many who was fun to joke with, but was also able to professionally answer serious questions about the role, and seemed genuine . The manager interviewing was more difficult to read - he seemed to be saying the things that he should say rather than being particularly genuine. It was a standard behavioral interview - easy to prep for by googling a list of the typical "tell me about a time when..." questions.