Alberta Blue Cross Interview Questions

Updated Aug 4, 2015

2.5

Pharmacy Services Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Edmonton, AB (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Alberta Blue Cross (Edmonton, AB (Canada)) in June 2015.

Interview

Applied and got response for interview within a week. Easy interview. Nice people. Bad post-interview communication. Will give you the run around. Had to keep calling back and have been told that they are busy.

Web Designer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Edmonton, AB (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Alberta Blue Cross (Edmonton, AB (Canada)) in March 2015.

Interview

An hour of tests (written, math, personality) in a private room. Nice staff who made me very comfortable. Then a Panel interview where we reviewed the position, my qualifications, and the companies philosophy and history. It lasted about an hour and was very thorough.

Interview Questions

• Describe a difficult situation with employees, and how did you handle it?   Answer Question

Customer Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Edmonton, AB (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Alberta Blue Cross (Edmonton, AB (Canada)) in March 2013.

Interview

I heard from the HR recruiting department within 1 week of applying for this position online back in March of 2013 and an interview was quickly scheduled. When I first arrived I did an IQ test and then a psychological test. The HR representive said I should answer the questions on the psychological test based on my old job position but the instructions stated to answer the questions based on what my role would be.. Confusing. Then I was made to wait in the waiting area for over 30 mins and then I was called into an interview with an HR person and a manager from the customer service dept. I was asked a lot of questions about my experience, about what I wanted from my new job etc, and at one point the manager rudely asked me if I originally grew up in Ontario why wasn't I working in Ontario? at this point I had been living and working in Edmonton for 8 years. Then I was handed a bunch of paperwork about my salary and the job benefits etc but was told I would be called within 5 days and told if I was successful or not. 5 days came and went and no answer. Waited an additional 3 days and then I finally reached out to the HR rep. They never returned my phone call. 2 days after that I get a standard email stating I was not successful and did not get the job. After that about ever 3 months for over a year Alberta Blue Cross continued to send me emails stating I was not successful and did not get the position. Even though I never re-applied or anything like that. After continually receiving these emails for over 1 year I finally replied to their email and pleased asked them to take me out of their database as I was no longer interested in the position and I was still getting these emails. I got no reply, however since then no more emails.

Interview Questions

• In some ways I felt the interview was unprofessional. I was asked why I didn't want to work in Ontario, just because I was born there after already living in Edmonton to 8 years.   Answer Question

Insurance Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 6+ months. I interviewed at Alberta Blue Cross in January 2011.

Interview

Worst interview on record. I was asked in advance to work on a "case" and email it back before the interview. Given just a few days to complete. Was not even discussed. Recruiter was young, inexperienced and immature. Questions lame. I was told the usual BS about decision time frames - nothing, no response when emailing, My respect and credibility for this organization is in the toilet. Most likely would have turned it down simply because of the overall unprofessional behavior.