Alberta Health Services

2.9

Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Edmond, OK
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Edmond, OK

I applied online – interviewed at Alberta Health Services.

Manager contact several weeks after the competition closing date. Offered an apology stating that the delay was the result of unrealistic work loads .... quite an odd statement to make to a potential non exempt employee. Interview rescheduled by manager twice. On the third go, it seemed as though a general lack of regard existed given that the time agreed to was delayed by 20 minutes with no communication from the manager or admin staff concerning the delay. Eventually participated in a very informal interview by a panel of 6 and offered the position 3 days later.

Interview Questions
    • Nothing specific that comes to mind, quite a mindless interview tool   Answer Question
    Very little opportunity for negotiation

Analyst Interview

I applied online. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Alberta Health Services.

The interview was very good. Both interviewers were very nice. Not difficult questions. Everything sounded really good but four days after I received an email thanking me but saying that I was out of the hiring process. It was tough!

Interview Questions
    • I don't remember any difficult or unexpected question. All of them were very accurate are oriented to the position   Answer Question

IT Interview

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Alberta Health Services in July 2014.

Great interview process. They asked good thought provoking questions that delved more into who I was than what technical skills I have. Also really enjoyed how detailed they were in explaining the position and challenges I would face. Made my decision much easier to make.

Interview Questions
    • Asked about conflicts with other employee's I've had a other positions and how I handled it.   Answer Question
    Not much negotiation. Wage was unionized so there was no flexibility. But I already knew that heading in, so no surprises.

Process Improvement Specialist Interview

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Alberta Health Services.

Behavioral and experience based questions to test technical skills, communication, leadership skills

Interview Questions
    Didn't engage in much negotiation

Systems Analyst Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Alberta Health Services.

Interview with two project managers. They are cool and very nice.All are behavioral Questions. weakness, strength, work experience etc. Be confident

Environmental II Interview

I applied in-person – interviewed at Alberta Health Services.

Applied just before they switched to computer only applications; got a call a couple of weeks later to come in for an interview. Rather casual sit-down interview, no unexpected questions. Business casual attire, took place in an office in the facility. Had a tour after the interview to see where everything was. I got called soon thereafter with a job offer, not for the position I'd applied for, but I accepted anyway. Required a criminal record check and an orientation session that included things like WHMIS, which are being switched over to computer only at this time, rather than in person video sessions. I was rather surprised there was no drug test, or anything besides the criminal record check. Anyway, the entire process was very casual and took around half an hour, forty-five minutes.

Interview Questions
    • You'll be asked the typical interview questions, what your greatest weakness is, and probably a few technical questions, like what if you encounter a body fluid spill. Know the basic standards for infection control and you'll be fine.   Answer Question
    No negotiation occurred. Your payscale and benefits are set in stone.

Human Resources Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Calgary, AB (Canada)

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Alberta Health Services in January 2013.

Applied for the position online, received a pre-screen call, interviewed by manager and senior team member, standard behaviour interview questions. Lasted about an hour.

Interview Questions
    • Cannot remember but the most awkward one is when they ask for your salary expectations.   Answer Question
    Negotiation over the phone. They offered a number and I took it. The number was more than I was previously making so I did not feel the need to negotiate further.

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Calgary, AB (Canada)

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4 daysinterviewed at Alberta Health Services in November 2012.

It was a casual meeting with my manager. Simple set of behavioral questions. "Tell me about a time..." If you've done your homework you shouldn't get anything unexpected. This does vary from manager to manager however. See if you can figure out what the interviewing manager would be like.

Interview Questions
    Didn't really negotiate salaries as an intern. I did however get very flexible hours which I could come in any time of the day more or less.

Clerk V Liaison Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Calgary, AB (Canada)

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at Alberta Health Services in September 2012.

There is always two or more interviewers in the room which makes keeping composure a little difficult. The manager was friendly and easy going and the others seem just as nervous as I was. They take turns asking ALOT of questions that you probably wont remember afterwards as they are not always what you will expect. Each interview is unique to the job posting.

Interview Questions
    • The most unexpected question I have had was..... ."What are you most proud of that have accomplished in your lifetime"   View Answer

IT Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Edmonton, AB (Canada)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Edmonton, AB (Canada)

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Alberta Health Services in June 2012.

Hiring process was quick. Interview Process good and interactive. They focussed more on the interpersonal and behavioural skills rather than techincal skills. though they interview on that too. In all, it was fair. I liked the team and the team leader was herself coordinating the interview process.

Interview Questions
    • What do you have in unique that other candidate wont have?   Answer Question