Alberta Investment Management Corporation Interview Questions & Reviews

6 interviews

2.8

Analyst Interview

Apply online and be contacted after one month.

Senior Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Edmonton, AB (Canada)

I interviewed through a recruiter. The process took 6 months - interviewed at Alberta Investment Management Corporation in May 2011.

Interview process too long.

Took too long to make an offer.

Associate Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Edmonton, AB (Canada)

I interviewed online. The process took 4 weeks - interviewed at Alberta Investment Management Corporation in February 2012.

Long process. First interview with HR and team manager. Second interview with the team members.

Interview Questions

Received a better offer elsewhere.

Reporting Analyst, Investment Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Edmonton, AB (Canada)

I interviewed online. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Alberta Investment Management Corporation in July 2011.

I applied online, and the HR contacted me for a phone interview one month later. I had a panel Interview of 3 people over the phone 2 weeks later.

Anonymous Employee in Edmonton, AB (Canada)

I interviewed online. The process took 3 months - interviewed at Alberta Investment Management Corporation in July 2009.

Long interview process (2 days). Initial phone interview followed by an in person interview with the manager and the VP of HR. The man in HR did not ask very many questions. Most of the interview was directed by the manager who was doing the hiring it seems. Not sure why the VP of HR was involved in the interview process. Also met with each team member for an informal interview. Overall, the process was too long and excessive. As a general observation, the work environment was very quiet and the majority of the employees looked uninterested or tired of their jobs. The office is very modern and spacious but the people did not seem to socialize with each other. An open office concept with lots of glass.

Interview Questions

The hiring process took too long and I ended up taking up another offer.

Anonymous Employee in Edmonton, AB (Canada)

The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Alberta Investment Management Corporation in July 2010.

A series of phone interviews with direct supervisor and vp of the department, followed by a phone interview with a vp of HR (seems like standard practice there). A week later invited to visit the office and meet the team (they were very accommodating with booking the flight/hotel, etc). Met the team. Very nice bunch of people from the administrative staff all the way to vps and mds. Was shown around, met people from other departments, had short interviews with each person who I would be working with. Very positive experience overall.

Interview Questions
    • What discount rate/curve do you use to discount the cashflows when you value a plain vanilla swap?   View Answer

They presented me with a very reasonable offer, benefits. Declined because I decided to pursue a different specialization with my career.

Interviews for Top Jobs at Alberta Investment Management Corporation

Worked for Alberta Investment Management Corporation? Contribute to the Community!