Albertsons

Average Difficulty
11 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Cashier

I applied through an employee referral - interviewed at Albertsons in July 2014.

Interview Details – Applied online, called to check status and was offered an interview asap, interview process was short sweet and straight to the point, offered job on the spot, did background and ssn check and drug test

Interview Question – What do you dislike most about being a cashier and how do you handle to situation   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Was able to negotiate pay due to experience

Redondo Beach, CA

I applied in-person and the process took 3 days - interviewed at Albertsons.

Interview Details – the hiring process is kiosk with personality test, availability submission and they put you to work if they have need for the hours you want to give them. they are more willing to hire high school students than people 30+

Boise, ID

I applied in-person and the process took a day - interviewed at Albertsons in May 2010.

Interview Details – Apply online to get into the system so they can pull your personal information. Make sure to talk to and build a relationship with the people in charge that make decisions so they can think of who to call when something opens up.

Interview Question – how do you engage a team.   View Answer

Phoenix, AZ

I applied online and the process took 4 days - interviewed at Albertsons in June 2011.

Interview Details – Very easy interview. The manager for the department you are applying to will take you to the office and sit you down in a chair. He/She will ask about yourself as a person, just to give you time to prepare yourself for more questions. They ask about your prior experience as a cashier, if applicable. They let you know about their background check and drug test, which you have to take in order to work there.

Interview Question – They give you a situation and ask how you would handle it.   View Answer

Negotiation Details – You just signed an employment acknowledgement.

Eugene, OR

I applied online and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at Albertsons.

Interview Details – Fill out application online.

Interview Question – Always answer questions during the application process like you enjoy being around people and large crowds.   Answer Question

Venice, FL

I applied in-person and the process took 2 days - interviewed at Albertsons in January 2011.

Interview Details – I walked in and asked for a job application. I took it home and brought it back the next day. The manager happened to have time to speak with me and gave me an impromptu interview. He seemed very encouraging and said that I was the type of person they were looking for. However he didn't have any openings at the time and would keep my application on file for a year.

Interview Question – What cashiering experience do you have?   View Answer

Orlando, FL

I applied in-person and the process took a day - interviewed at Albertsons in June 2010.

Interview Details – First of all, it was me and 6 other people interviewing pretty much at the same time (but in different rooms from each other). I had to see 2 different managers. The 2nd manager that I saw started asking me very personal questions like who do I live with and whats my most embarrising moment. His questions caught me off guard and I was very uncomfortable. Needless to say, I did not get the job.

Interview Questions

Burleson, TX

I applied in-person and the process took a day - interviewed at Albertsons in May 2007.

Interview Details – I was able to speak with the manager and she hired me on the spot.

Interview Question – When can you start?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – Depending on your retail experience then you can ask for a higher wage.

Ladera Ranch, CA

I applied in-person and the process took a day - interviewed at Albertsons in October 2009.

Interview Details – lame

Interview Questions

Reason for Declining – not enough pay

Frisco, TX

The process took 1 week - interviewed at Albertsons in May 2008.

Interview Details – Very laid back interview. Questions about why you want to work at Albertsons, explain what skills you have, name one weakness. Do you know anyone else that works at this location. The people interviewing were very nice and the process was not stressful at all. It was a basic cashier position so there were not many requirements.

Interview Question – Why do you want to work at Albertsons?   Answer Question

Interviews for Top Jobs at Albertsons

Worked for Albertsons? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Albertsons Cashier interview questions and advice. All 11 interview reviews posted anonymously by Albertsons employees and interview candidates.