Albertsons Interview Questions

Updated Feb 16, 2015
Updated Feb 16, 2015

1.9

Courtesy Clerk Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Albertsons in June 2014.

I applied online and got a call back about two weeks later for an in-person interview. Went into the store and had an interview with one of the managers where we further discussed my application and why I wanted to work there. Then, I immediately got hired on the spot and filled out some more forms.

Front End Bagger Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Albertsons in June 2014.

The filled out the interview online, and called the next day to talk to a manager (they give the jobs to the people who call them and persist, by the way). We talked and scheduled a day for us to meet and for her to interview me. It was extremely simple, she asked me a few questions, had me sign a couple papers consenting to a drug test, and then scheduled me to do orientation the next week, where I watched orientation videos with a group of other just-hired people.

Cashier Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Redondo Beach, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Redondo Beach, CA

I applied in-person. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Albertsons.

the hiring process is kiosk with personality test, availability submission and they put you to work if they have need for the hours you want to give them. they are more willing to hire high school students than people 30+

Front End Cashier Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bozeman, MT
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bozeman, MT

I applied online. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Albertsons in May 2014.

After completing the online application, I went in to introduce myself to the front end manager. She set an interview appointment with me right then. The interview was lengthy but not intimidating. The manager was new to her position and let me know that; she was warm and it was easy talking to her. By interview's end, she told me to go think about whether I wanted the job overnight. It has been a pleasure to work for her.

Interview Questions
    • Do I understand that, as a new employee, I will have to work all holidays?   View Answer
    I negotiated time off for two already planned trips.

Customer Service Clerk Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Altamonte Springs, FL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Altamonte Springs, FL

I applied in-person. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Albertsons.

They called me within 2 weeks of my application. After that was hired and took a skills test and a class to introduced new employees to the company way.

Department Specialist III Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boise, ID
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boise, ID

I applied through other source. The process took 4 daysinterviewed at Albertsons.

Faxed resume and received phone call for interview within 24 hours. Interview was within 48 hours and offer within 24 hours after that.

Interview Questions
    • Two airplanes head from Chicago in opposite directions...   View Answer
    A day after accepting I was called and informed the salary was wrong and it was actually higher than they originally offered. I was ecstatic to accept. Asked for an offer letter and it was received two days later (appropriate time frame).

Courtesy Clerk Interview

It was an easy interview.

Courtesy Clerk Interview

I applied in-person. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at Albertsons.

Completed their online application and then followed up by phone. Interviewed with assistant store director, who said they would follow up. They never did, so I made the follow-up calls. I needed the work, so I didn't have the luxury of waiting by the phone. I went back in for the drug screen and the background check, both of which were clear. I was told I would be called back the following day for training, and never got the call. I ended up calling them. In total, it took about three weeks to even get hired because of all the following up and phone tag. Typically, if a candidate never follows up when asked to, they don't get the job, and yet management can blow off following up with a candidate with no consequence. If I didn't need the work so badly, I would have run the other way.

Interview Questions
    • There were no difficult questions. Anyone with a two-digit IQ could have done well.   Answer Question
    There was no negotiation since hourly employees have a collective bargaining agreement; wages are established by the union.

Courtesy Clerk Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Albertsons in September 2013.

I applied online and received a phone call a few weeks later for an interview. I went in the next day spoke with the front end manager for about 15 minutes briefly about my previous experience. I was told this was for a different position then that I applied for and was told what was expected for that position. I was asked a what would you do in this situation question. Then the manager stated that she had another person to interview and wanted me to wait there for about 10 minutes til she was done. I waited. While waiting another manager came over and talked with me and stated that they were waiting for the bookkeeper so I could sign papers and take a drug test. I was surprised and the second manager said, " Oh, I thought she told you that you're hired. Act surprised" I waited about 30 minutes for the bookkeeper and proceeded with the drug test and some paper work.

Interview Questions
    • The question was... During my previous job did I have an encounter with a person that was very upset about something and if so what did I do to solve the issue?   View Answer

Open Interview

I applied through other source. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Albertsons in August 2013.

There wasnt really any process or interview I filled out an application online, walked into to give them a resume and they pretty much asked me to bring my id and social security and the lab would call me to drug test. The lab never did call.