Albertsons Interview Questions

Updated Aug 27, 2015

1.9

Courtsey Clerk Interview

Anonymous Employee in Arcadia, CA

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Albertsons (Arcadia, CA) in May 2015.

Interview

Very simple. Told her I had an application in the system and she set up an interview. The actual interview, however, was just explaining to me what would be expected of me on the job. I wasn't asked about qualifications or anything. I think she was trying to get a feel for me as a person through the explanations of stuff and little anecdotes I interjected to make myself seem more qualified, haha. PROTIP: IF YOU JUST APPLY ONLINE AND WAIT, YOU WILL NOT GET THE JOB. YOU MUST EITHER KNOW SOMEONE ON THE INSIDE OR, AFTER APPLYING, TALK TO ONE OF THE MANAGERS IN THE STORE AND ASK FOR AN INTERVIEW. REPEATEDLY IF NECESSARY.

Anonymous Employee in Livingston, MT

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Albertsons (Livingston, MT) in March 2015.

Interview

In the office of the boss of the store with the front end manager. Lasted about twenty minutes at most. When you go in, make sure you dress professionally, best to have black dress pants and shows, because that will be your uniform. Skate and street shoes will not cut it and they will notice and look to you as someone who doesn't care for the job.

Interview Questions

• They asked, and likely will for others: A) Why Albertsons? B) What do you like to do in your spare time? C) Where do you see yourself in ten years? Very generic questions and some more personal to get to know you as a person and not simply a person for hire.   1 Answer

Customer Service Clerk Interview

Anonymous Employee in Corona, CA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Albertsons (Corona, CA) in January 2015.

Interview

I applied online on a Monday and was called in for an interview that Wednesday with the Store Director and Hiring Manager. 20 Minutes later they had me do a mouth swab drug screen and paperwork for orientation.

Pharmacy Interview

Interview

Not much to the process. It consisted of the standard questions. Focus on one's strengths and attributes. Relationship building is the key. Discussed previous work experience, expectations and how one would help grow the business.

Pharmacist Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Albertsons.

Interview

Pretty simple. Applied online and within a week, you receive an email from the recruiter interested in setting up a phone interview. No in-person interview was mentioned as part of the process after the phone interview. Recruiter will ask questions you'd expect to be asked. They are basic and you should have the answers to them. Few behavioral questions.

Interview Questions

• What can pharmacists do to drive sales such as prescription numbers or retain customers?   Answer Question

Negotiation

Non-negotiable salary/pay.

Service Deli Clerk Interview

Anonymous Employee in Tucson, AZ

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Albertsons (Tucson, AZ) in October 2014.

Interview

My interview was awesome. The service deli manager was very friendly, relaxed, but professional which made the interview go smoothly for me, I get nervous. However I was able to relax and think clearly to answer the questions asked of me.

Interview Questions

• Where do I see myself in 5 years ?   1 Answer

Courtesy Clerk Interview

Interview

Applied online and 2 days later got a call to come in the next day for an interview. I interviewed with the gm and it was so simple and he was so nice and I got hired on the spot after drug test and was scheduled for training the following monday

Interview Questions

• A customer needs help finding a product but your busy with a clean up, what do you do?   Answer Question

Negotiation

N/A

Anonymous Employee in Springfield, OR

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Albertsons (Springfield, OR).

Interview

I filled out an electronic application at a kiosk in the store. I checked up regularly with the manager until I was scheduled an interview. I can't remember the questions asked, but it was a simple interview. I was offered the job on the spot and did a cotton swab drug test on the spot too.

Bakery Clerk/Decorator Interview

Anonymous Employee in Phoenix, AZ

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Albertsons (Phoenix, AZ).

Interview

Interview was so easy. It was basically just talking and negotiating the pay rate. I actually applied for cashier but since i have bakery experience to i got offered bakery.

Negotiation

I negotiated and was offered between 8.80 and 9.20 because of my experience which is way better than minimum wage and i was grateful.

Courtesy Clerk Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a week. I interviewed at Albertsons.

Interview

Easy really for this position all they ask you are the basic questions as to how you will contribute to the store and what inspires you to do your best. The one thing they do look for though is when you will be available for work if you have school.

Negotiation

What time i would be able to go in after school.