Alcatel-Lucent

Relevance Date Difficulty

Very Easy Interview

Network and Feature Engineer Interview

Naperville, IL

I applied through a staffing agency and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Alcatel-Lucent in December 2010.

Interview Details – I went through a recruiter, Kineticom, and then several follow up calls with the Director of the project I was to be working on.

Interview Question – I reviewed hundreds of rows of IP addresses, it was difficult to always catch mistakes when often the data arriving from the customer (ATT Wireless) was faulty.   View Answer

Software Quality Engineer Interview

Software Quality Engineer
Naperville, IL

I applied through college or university and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Alcatel-Lucent.

Interview Details – Initial phone interview, on site visit with 3 folks, then received an offer.

Interview Question – Asked to write a computer program off the top of my head.   Answer Question

Summer Intern Interview

Naperville, IL

I applied online and the process took 3 months - interviewed at Alcatel-Lucent in May 2013.

Interview Details – Applied online in Feb., got phone interview in May. It's more like a behavior interview. And got offer next day.

Product Manager Interview

Product Manager
Naperville, IL

I applied in-person and the process took a day - interviewed at Alcatel-Lucent.

Interview Details – The process was very straight-forward and efficient.

Interview Question – The questions centered around my ability to do the job I was interviewing for.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – The offer was acceptable as it was presented.

Account Director Interview

Naperville, IL

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 6+ weeks - interviewed at Alcatel-Lucent in August 2008.

Interview Details – Employee referred to management and 1:1 initial interview scheduled. After which, a panel discussion occurred. From the panel, the hiring manager had 1:1 interview, followed by negotiation with HR.

Interview Question – What is the most frustrating thing your current manager does?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – Salary

Software Developer Co-Op Interview

Naperville, IL

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Alcatel-Lucent in November 2011.

Interview Details – Got my resume handed via a family friend. Process consisted of a phone interview and a face-to-face interview. All questions were about what I've done, what I want to do, what I can do at Alcatel-Lucent, etc. No technical questions.

Integration Engineer Interview

Integration Engineer
Naperville, IL

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Alcatel-Lucent in January 2010.

Interview Details – Very good Technical Questions they asked and gave good credit for my Motorola experience.

Interview Questions

Negotiation Details – Negotiation sometimes can drop the offer as in 2009 there were a lot of candidates in the market without job. Negotiate only if mentioned your true present and past salary. Honesty is very important.

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Senior Software Engineer
Naperville, IL

I applied online and the process took 5 days - interviewed at Alcatel-Lucent in March 2009.

Interview Details – Got a call from recruiter. Presented my resume. Got a call back after a week that resume is selected and would like to screen on phone as a 1st round. Cleared first round mostly questions asked about past experience (achivements, etc). then personal round of interview, first round with a manager he grilled on the software architecture, how would you design a system, etc. etc. then another detailed round on C++, unix

Interview Question – how would you design a software system? what tools can you use to estimate time required?   View Answers (2)

Flag Interview  |  Add Employer Response

Worked for Alcatel-Lucent? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Alcatel-Lucent interview questions and advice in Chicago, IL. All 8 interview reviews posted anonymously by Alcatel-Lucent employees and interview candidates.