Alcatel-Lucent Interview Questions

Updated Mar 22, 2015
Updated Mar 22, 2015

2.9

Software Development Engineer Interview

I applied through an employee referral – interviewed at Alcatel-Lucent.

Applied through employee referral. Telephone screening followed by face to face interview with four different interviewer each one hour on the same day. Internet access is required during telephonic round. you will be given a codepad link. bit operations, complexity of algos and find the bug in the given code snippet are the main question during telephonic round. No hassles in the process.

Interview Questions
    • 1. Reverse the words in a string
      2. Design text editor
      3. mutex and semaphore diff
      4. Socket programming and TCP related questions
      5. write function to get a mirror of a tree

Answer Question

Network Quality Engineer Interview

I applied through an employee referral – interviewed at Alcatel-Lucent.

A Phone screen directly with a person of the Team.
    I was asked various questions regarding life of a TCP/IP packet. Each answer lead to several different questions that took a deeper dive into OSI Layers 2,3 and 4. The interviewer was a bit arrogant about the knowledge he had and he purposefully led me towards the incorrect answers and I came back refuting most of his comments with the correct answer (incorrect in his opinion). Sometimes he was just plain rude.

I did not go through to the next round because I did not clear this interview for obvious reasons

Interview Questions
    • Explain the packet communication between client and a Server with 2 hops in the middle.   Answer Question

Lte Test Engineer Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took a weekinterviewed at Alcatel-Lucent.

It's a co-op position. I submitted a resume through university co-op network and several days late, I received a phone interview by a technical engineer in Alcatel Lucent. Not difficult. It's an easy interview and more about some basic networking knowledge. But after this interview, I got nothing not even a reject email. That's strange.

IT Services Financial Analyst Interview

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Alcatel-Lucent.

I applied for this position online. About 2 weeks later, I was called to schedule a phone interview. The phone interview consisted of behavioral questions as well as questions about resume. About a month later, I was offered the position.

Software Quality Assurance Engineer Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Alcatel-Lucent.

I applied through university. The first round was technical phone screen. The interviewer focused on fundamentals of networking and testing.
    1. What happens when a URL is entered in browser?
    2. Fundamentals of OSPF and BGP
    3. How will you test a product?
    As this was the initial interview, it was easy. But I was not prepared well. So, could not get through.

Software Quality Assurance Network Engineer Interview

One phone interview and then onsite. I just had the phone interview. The questions started off as general as it can be.
    1. When a user connects to the network, what all protocols goes in booting, and then finally getting the information from the server?
    2. Differences between TCP and UDP.
    3. For BGP why does the network is divided into access areas (I don't remember this exactly! Sorry!).
    4. What protocol is used for Youtube? How about if it has to be chosen from TCP or UDP?

They expected some programming in C, which I was not familiar with at that time. I didn't get through the interview.

Interview Questions
    • What protocol is used for Youtube? How about if it has to be chosen from TCP or UDP?   Answer Question

Wireless Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Murray Hill, NJ
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Murray Hill, NJ

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Alcatel-Lucent.

I learned about the position at my on campus career fair. I handed in my resume and applied online as well.

Was called in for a phone interview. Answered a few basic behavioral questions. About a week later they e-mailed me and asked me to come in for an on site interview.

On site interview was more technical, a couple of behavior questions as well.

Interview Questions
    • Questions about wireless technology and past work experience.   View Answer

Engineer Interview

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Alcatel-Lucent.

I had two phone interviews and one face to face. The process took approximately 3 weeks. Overall, it was a pleasant process with quick decision making. Questions were pretty standard and related to the job.

Interview Questions
    • Asked to explain my prior experiences related to the job.   Answer Question

Member of Technical Staff Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a dayinterviewed at Alcatel-Lucent.

multiple rounds with multiple interviewers regarding education and future assignment.
    the position was for tester for telephone switching system. they were not really interested in my educational background.
    no specific questions or test/quizzes regarding my technical skills
    i thought it was unusually easy.

Senior Java Developer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX
    Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 4 daysinterviewed at Alcatel-Lucent in September 2014.

I was referred to them by Staffing Agency. Interview consist of one phone screen and one on-site interview. They don't care about your educational background. 7 guys took my interview one after another. They were looking for Senior Java Developer with more networking background. They pretty much asked more riddle questions as they want to test your thinking power. I kind of felt that they are super picky of hiring people. Since all guys asked me IQ/Intelligence questions and no technical questions, I kind of felt disinterested. Interview was very lengthy like 5-6 hours straight.