Alcatel-Lucent

222 candidate interviews
Relevance Date Difficulty

SQA Interview

SQA

I applied through a recruiter and interviewed at Alcatel-Lucent.

Interview Details – From initial contact to hire, process took approx. 3 weeks. There were three rounds of interviews.

In the first round, multiple team members asked different questions in 1:1 interviews; first began with the manager, then over several hours one after another various questions were asked. Each member seems to have a different emphasis, but seemed to be sincere. Their questions were not very coordinated.

In the second round, a tour was given, and then a few more members were brought in to see "what they thought" of me. Then manager talked more about the position and salary.

In the third round, interviewed with two VP's.

Several days later, offer was given.

Interview Question – Know packet switching architectures well.   Answer Question

Software Development Engineer Interview

Software Development Engineer

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 2 days - interviewed at Alcatel-Lucent.

Interview Details – had one phone interview and 2 1:1 rounds in java and networking . in depth in java and networking.had one phone interview and 2 1:1 rounds in java and networking . in depth in java and networking.

Interview Question – no comments   Answer Question

QA Analyst Interview

QA Analyst
Austin, TX

I applied through a staffing agency and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Alcatel-Lucent.

Interview Details – Face to Face interview with the test lead for the contracting position (long term)

Questions:
Brief background
There are 3 ways of locating an element by CSS. What are the 3 ways.
Why are Xpath slower compared to other element locators?
How would you approach to automate from scratch.
If I have number of test cases on different OS and browsers , how will you optimize or automate.
What is WSDL.
Brief about VM etc

Interview Question – Not any unexpected questions   Answer Question

Very Easy Interview

Intern Interview

Intern

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Alcatel-Lucent.

Interview Details – There was an initial phone call that set the time for the phone interview. The phone interview was easy, mostly behavioral and resume. Have questions prepared because they will ask you if you have questions!

Interview Question – Why are you interested in this field and company?   Answer Question

Very Difficult Interview

Senior Network Engineer Interview

Senior Network Engineer

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Alcatel-Lucent in November 2012.

Interview Details – There were 2 phone screenings. First a technical interview that focused on general networking terms but was thorough and difficult. The next interview was job specific and was with the actual hiring engineer and focused on detailed MPLS and carrier ethernet specifics

Interview Question – The use of ospf in updating MPLS labels in a layer 2 and layer 3 carrier ethernet network containing pbb   View Answer

Negotiation Details – I was offered and excellent pay rate and accepted the offer no need to barter

Senior Project Manager Interview

Senior Project Manager
Naperville, IL

I applied through college or university and the process took 8 weeks - interviewed at Alcatel-Lucent in January 2011.

Interview Details – This takes a long time and is frustrating. Human Resources can improve the process. Interviews are often good but sometimes lack proper methodology. Needs lots of improvement in both hiring and interview process.

Interview Question – It is about worst scenario faced and when you answer is truthfully it doesn't carry weight and is ignored   Answer Question

Lte Test Intern Interview

Lte Test Intern
Chicago, IL

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Alcatel-Lucent in February 2014.

Interview Details – It was a phone interview and I was interviewed by 2 people. They basically asked me everything in CV from my previous work experience to the courses I have took. The interview lasted for about 45 minutes and some situational based questions were asked too. The interview was very basic overall.

Interview Question – There was no unexpected questions as such   Answer Question

Reason for Declining – I got better opportunity in a better firm.

Operations Supervisor Interview

Operations Supervisor
Raleigh, NC

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 6 weeks - interviewed at Alcatel-Lucent.

Interview Details – Initial interview was friendly and informative. I was changing career paths so the fact that this group was willing to take a chance on me was very supportive. I interviewed with my direct supervisor and their supervisor and it was handled in a very casual but professional manner.

Interview Question – Why should we take a chance on you?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No negotiation was necessary as the offer was very fair for the position.

Finance Manager Interview

Finance Manager

Interviewed at Alcatel-Lucent

Interview Details – Interviewing within company very easy; having relationships helps

Systems Test Engineer Interview

Systems Test Engineer

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Alcatel-Lucent.

Interview Details – Got phone interview through employee referral. Then invited for company visit and 1 on 1 interview with member of team.

Interview Question – The interviewers asked technical questions regarding the experience you list on the resume.   Answer Question

Interviews for Top Jobs at Alcatel-Lucent

Worked for Alcatel-Lucent? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Alcatel-Lucent interview questions and advice. All 222 interview reviews posted anonymously by Alcatel-Lucent employees and interview candidates.