Alcatel-Lucent

226 candidate interviews
Relevance Date Difficulty

Systems Test Engineer Interview

Systems Test Engineer

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Alcatel-Lucent.

Interview Details – Got phone interview through employee referral. Then invited for company visit and 1 on 1 interview with member of team.

Interview Question – The interviewers asked technical questions regarding the experience you list on the resume.   Answer Question

Director Interview

Director
Boston, MA

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 2 days - interviewed at Alcatel-Lucent.

Interview Details – Very little hiring going on.

Interview Question – Why do you want to join Alcatel-Lucent   View Answer

IT Financial Services Analyst Intern Interview

IT Financial Services Analyst Intern

I applied online and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Alcatel-Lucent in February 2014.

Interview Details – Phone Interview

Interview Question – Not difficult- Behavioral questions and questions about resume   Answer Question

Lead Technical Project Manager Interview

Lead Technical Project Manager
Plano, TX

I applied through college or university and interviewed at Alcatel-Lucent.

Interview Details – This company has not hired folks for a long time due to the weak financial position, but occasionally some positions become available. You need to understand the solutions that you will be working on and be willing to work a minimum of 45 hours per week.

Interview Question – How will be able to make a difference in this company?   View Answer

Member of Technical Staff Interview

Member of Technical Staff
Murray Hill, NJ

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 5 days - interviewed at Alcatel-Lucent in June 2010.

Interview Details – Recruited by friends, never even met with HR in person. I was originally hired through a consulting firm and the converted to regular employment a few months later. I knew several people there and I was a great fit, so there was little real interview. I've since interviewed more people--they usually come for a day, make a presentation, get hammered with questions, and then passed around to the department members for 1:1, with a group lunch in the middle.

Interview Question – When can you start?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – Not with HR, since I initially started through a recruiting firm. I was asked what I wanted and responded with a dollar figure. I was told the highest they could go was a bit below that, and that it was "more than my friends were making". I accepted.

Project Management Co Op Interview

Project Management Co Op
Plano, TX

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 3 days - interviewed at Alcatel-Lucent in June 2013.

Interview Details – pretty simple hiring procedure. I was recommended by my friend for the job, and my boss had an informal interview over lunch. Extended an offer right away

Interview Question – Nothing out of the ordinary.. basic behavioral questions.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – he basically offered me the job on the spot.

Software Engineer Interview

Software Engineer
Austin, TX

I applied online and the process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at Alcatel-Lucent in February 2014.

Interview Details – I applied at their website and was contact by the hiring manager one week later. I scheduled the phone interview with one of the software engineer and then I was invited to an onsite interview few days later.

The phone interview was about Java, design pattern and OOP concepts.

The onsite interview consisted of 3 sessions and each session is 30 minutes. The first session was about things on the resume, talked about some of the projects, then the last 10 minutes was writing code on whiteboard. The second session was about design pattern, I was asked to design a Texas Hold Em poker game. The last session was with the hiring manager, he asked a lot of questions about Alcatel.

Interview Questions

• Phone interview: Explain OOP concepts (Encapsulation, Inheritance, Abstraction and Polymorphism)   Answer Question
  • Phone interview: The difference between final, finally and finalize in Java   Answer Question
  • Phone interview: Asked to design a program for skydiving.   Answer Question
  • First session:
    1) Write a program to print up to nth fibonacci sequence.
    2) Write code for singleton pattern.
      Answer Question
  • Second session:
    1) Design Texas Hold Em poker game by drawing UML.
    2) Is it guaranteed that singleton pattern will always return one instance?
      Answer Question

Software Developer Interview

Software Developer
Raleigh, NC

I applied through college or university and the process took 5 days - interviewed at Alcatel-Lucent in April 2013.

Interview Details – 5 interview rounds with regular C/C++ and Networking questions. Coding questions were manageable.

Interview Question – have to be well versed with Pointers   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No Negotiation

Director Interview

Director
Murray Hill, NJ

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Alcatel-Lucent.

Interview Details – Spoke to HR at least twice to review basics and possible relocation options. This was on the phone. Spoke to VP on phone. Spoke to hiring manager on phone and in person. Spoke to VP in person.

Interview Question – Did I want the job or did I want another job that I had applied for. I answered honestly that I wanted the other job and I still got this on.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Always ask for what you want. I got what I wanted

Network and Feature Engineer Interview

Network and Feature Engineer
Naperville, IL

I applied through a staffing agency and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Alcatel-Lucent in December 2010.

Interview Details – I went through a recruiter, Kineticom, and then several follow up calls with the Director of the project I was to be working on.

Interview Question – I reviewed hundreds of rows of IP addresses, it was difficult to always catch mistakes when often the data arriving from the customer (ATT Wireless) was faulty.   View Answer