Alcatel-Lucent

2.9

Entry Level Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Alcatel-Lucent in July 2014.

Applied through a online job board. Got a call for phone interview in a week.
    Interviewer was friendly and discussed every question with me. But they took a long time to get back to me. Otherwise it was an overall good experience.

SQA Interview

I applied through a recruiter – interviewed at Alcatel-Lucent.

From initial contact to hire, process took approx. 3 weeks. There were three rounds of interviews.

In the first round, multiple team members asked different questions in 1:1 interviews; first began with the manager, then over several hours one after another various questions were asked. Each member seems to have a different emphasis, but seemed to be sincere. Their questions were not very coordinated.

In the second round, a tour was given, and then a few more members were brought in to see "what they thought" of me. Then manager talked more about the position and salary.

In the third round, interviewed with two VP's.

Several days later, offer was given.

Software Development Engineer Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Alcatel-Lucent.

had one phone interview and 2 1:1 rounds in java and networking . in depth in java and networking.had one phone interview and 2 1:1 rounds in java and networking . in depth in java and networking.

QA Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took a weekinterviewed at Alcatel-Lucent.

Face to Face interview with the test lead for the contracting position (long term)

Questions:
    Brief background
    There are 3 ways of locating an element by CSS. What are the 3 ways.
    Why are Xpath slower compared to other element locators?
    How would you approach to automate from scratch.
    If I have number of test cases on different OS and browsers , how will you optimize or automate.
    What is WSDL.
    Brief about VM etc

Intern Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Alcatel-Lucent.

There was an initial phone call that set the time for the phone interview. The phone interview was easy, mostly behavioral and resume. Have questions prepared because they will ask you if you have questions!

Operations Supervisor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Raleigh, NC
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Raleigh, NC

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 6 weeksinterviewed at Alcatel-Lucent.

Initial interview was friendly and informative. I was changing career paths so the fact that this group was willing to take a chance on me was very supportive. I interviewed with my direct supervisor and their supervisor and it was handled in a very casual but professional manner.

Interview Questions
    No negotiation was necessary as the offer was very fair for the position.

Finance Manager Interview

Interviewing within company very easy; having relationships helps

Systems Test Engineer Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Alcatel-Lucent.

Got phone interview through employee referral. Then invited for company visit and 1 on 1 interview with member of team.

Interview Questions
    • The interviewers asked technical questions regarding the experience you list on the resume.   Answer Question

Director Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

Very little hiring going on.

Interview Questions
    • Why do you want to join Alcatel-Lucent   View Answer

Lead Technical Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Plano, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Plano, TX

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Alcatel-Lucent.

This company has not hired folks for a long time due to the weak financial position, but occasionally some positions become available. You need to understand the solutions that you will be working on and be willing to work a minimum of 45 hours per week.

Interview Questions
    • How will be able to make a difference in this company?   View Answer