Alcatel-Lucent Interview Questions

Updated Sep 18, 2014
Updated Sep 18, 2014

2.9

Systems Test Engineer Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Alcatel-Lucent.

Got phone interview through employee referral. Then invited for company visit and 1 on 1 interview with member of team.

Interview Questions
    • The interviewers asked technical questions regarding the experience you list on the resume.   Answer Question

Director Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Boston, MA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 days - interviewed at Alcatel-Lucent.

Very little hiring going on.

Interview Questions
    • Why do you want to join Alcatel-Lucent   View Answer

Lead Technical Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Plano, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Plano, TX

I applied through college or university - interviewed at Alcatel-Lucent.

This company has not hired folks for a long time due to the weak financial position, but occasionally some positions become available. You need to understand the solutions that you will be working on and be willing to work a minimum of 45 hours per week.

Interview Questions
    • How will be able to make a difference in this company?   View Answer

IT Financial Services Analyst Intern Interview

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Alcatel-Lucent in February 2014.

Phone Interview

Interview Questions
    • Not difficult- Behavioral questions and questions about resume   Answer Question

Lte Test Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Chicago, IL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

I applied online. The process took 1 week - interviewed at Alcatel-Lucent in February 2014.

It was a phone interview and I was interviewed by 2 people. They basically asked me everything in CV from my previous work experience to the courses I have took. The interview lasted for about 45 minutes and some situational based questions were asked too. The interview was very basic overall.

Interview Questions

I got better opportunity in a better firm.

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Austin, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at Alcatel-Lucent in February 2014.

I applied at their website and was contact by the hiring manager one week later. I scheduled the phone interview with one of the software engineer and then I was invited to an onsite interview few days later.

The phone interview was about Java, design pattern and OOP concepts.

The onsite interview consisted of 3 sessions and each session is 30 minutes. The first session was about things on the resume, talked about some of the projects, then the last 10 minutes was writing code on whiteboard. The second session was about design pattern, I was asked to design a Texas Hold Em poker game. The last session was with the hiring manager, he asked a lot of questions about Alcatel.

Interview Questions
    • Phone interview: Explain OOP concepts (Encapsulation, Inheritance, Abstraction and Polymorphism)   Answer Question
    • Phone interview: The difference between final, finally and finalize in Java   Answer Question
    • Phone interview: Asked to design a program for skydiving.   Answer Question
    • First session:
      1) Write a program to print up to nth fibonacci sequence.
      2) Write code for singleton pattern.
        Answer Question
    • Second session:
      1) Design Texas Hold Em poker game by drawing UML.
      2) Is it guaranteed that singleton pattern will always return one instance?
        Answer Question

Director Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Murray Hill, NJ
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Murray Hill, NJ

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Alcatel-Lucent.

Spoke to HR at least twice to review basics and possible relocation options. This was on the phone. Spoke to VP on phone. Spoke to hiring manager on phone and in person. Spoke to VP in person.

Interview Questions
    • Did I want the job or did I want another job that I had applied for. I answered honestly that I wanted the other job and I still got this on.   Answer Question
    Always ask for what you want. I got what I wanted

Project Manager Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a day - interviewed at Alcatel-Lucent.

Met with Sr. VP of the PMO and discussed past work history. Group interview during lunch was a bit uncomfortable but at least you know who your competition was. Toured the facility during the interview process and met with team members and other management.

Interview Questions
    • What is the difference between "responsibility" and "accountability" and can they be delegated?   Answer Question
    Fairly easy. I provided a target salary and the countered with something close with sign-on bonus as well as other incentives.

Software Quality Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Naperville, IL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Naperville, IL

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Alcatel-Lucent.

Initial phone interview, on site visit with 3 folks, then received an offer.

Interview Questions
    • Asked to write a computer program off the top of my head.   Answer Question

QA Engineer Interview

I applied through an employee referral - interviewed at Alcatel-Lucent.

I had a phone interview with one engineer last week. It took about half an hour and basically it started with questions about network protocols like DHCP and DNS. The interviewer asked details about the protocols to test your understanding of them. It was a smooth one, not so hard. But I haven't received further notification.