Alcatel-Lucent Interview Questions & Reviews

Updated Aug 11, 2014
231 interviews

2.9

Program Manager Interview

I interviewed online. The process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at Alcatel-Lucent.

Contacted by HR for a phone screen, invited for a 1:1 interview with the hiring manager. I was asked about my background and work experiences in relation to the position.

I did not negotiate

Consultant Systems Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Plano, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Plano, TX

I interviewed through an employee referral. The process took 4 weeks - interviewed at Alcatel-Lucent in November 2012.

2 interviews. Quick and to the point. Questions regarding experience as it related to the job function. Interviews were not difficult.

Interview Questions
    This was a contract position. Stand firm with some of the contract companies that will low-ball your salary demands. They do not take into account your experience and will try to get you hired at the lowest amount possible. It unfortunately is a common tactic.

Maintenance Service Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Tunis, AR
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tunis, AR

I interviewed through an employee referral. The process took 3 days - interviewed at Alcatel-Lucent in May 2009.

I did Three Interviews with three different people, in adition I did a QI test in specialised Center + role game test in order to check my leadership

Interview Questions
    • The Most difficult for my as it was my first job is the Salary Negocoiation I felt embarasses to talk about money
      Unfortunately for Salary I accepted the first Offer thery proposed and I did not negociate, I regret it. Because I learned later that the salary increase in Alcatel-Lucent is not satisfying and what I should do is to negociate in order to get the maximum .
        Answer Question

Vice President Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Dallas, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

I interviewed through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Alcatel-Lucent in August 2009.

Interviewed in two rounds: first with peers, manager, and people who would report to me; second with executives including CFO, CEO, CTO etc. Interviews ranged from easygoing to very tough - I focused on content and substance as well as what I could bring to the table.

Negotiated the options upfront

Software Developer Interview

I interviewed through college or university. The process took 2 days - interviewed at Alcatel-Lucent.

While I was in my last year of school, I applied for an internship through the company website. I got an in-person interview. I talked to two managers and one engineer who asked me questions about programming. They asked me to write a basic program in C to make sure I understood how the language works. After that I had lunch with one of the managers and went home. I received an email a couple of days later asking offering me the internship. I took the internship.

After the internship, I went back to finish school (remaining 3 months) and was offered a full-time position. I have been working with the company since.

Interview Questions
    • The interview went pretty smooth, I did face a difficult question from the engineer towards the end but I was able to answer after a moment of thinking.   Answer Question
    I was a fresh new grad. I took what they gave me, since I did not know better. I guess I took it because I would still be making more than anybody else I knew at the time.

Software Developer Interview

I interviewed online. The process took 5 days - interviewed at Alcatel-Lucent.

The interview process involved first setting up a cisco webex conection for desktop sharing to ensure that the candidate did not google answers. It was a one hour interview with first half invloving technical questions and the second half with programming. The interview was based on the job description.

Interview Questions
    • Technical questions included Java basics like classes, interfaces, abstract class differences and definitions, illustration of inheritance and polymorphism. Networking questions included TCP-UDP differences, Three way handshake in TCP, Flags set in a TCP segment, GET and POST in HTTP. Complexity of a List and a HashTable. SQL based questions included Inner Join, Left Join.

Programming involved string manipulation exercises.
        Answer Question

Software Engineer Entry Level Interview

Anonymous Employee  in  Austin, TX
    Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX

I interviewed online. The process took 5 days - interviewed at Alcatel-Lucent in June 2013.

I got an email on Thursday and they asked me to pick a day from Monday-Wednesday the immediate week.
    The interview was taken by an Indian I suppose (the accent). He was pretty hasty in asking questions and made me really nervous. I would also say he wasn't totally decent in asking questions. He passed some kind of insulting remarks like "where did you learn that from? What you know is wrong" etc. His analysis was right but I don't think one should say something like that in an interview.
    I asked him prior to the interview if I should be preparing for anything certain, and I got a reply "Interview would be based on resume." Quite fair.
    Interview questions were based on Java (all concepts like inheritance, encapsulation, etc), Javascripts, HTML, XML, Regular Expressions, Networking protocols, Threading, SQL queries, OOP concepts, and more.
    I already got a job 2~3 days before the interview and I was busy getting prepared to move, etc. for it, so i didn't get time to prepare at all. I was almost going to cancel this interview but I thought it would sound rude. Summary: The guy kinda ripped me open. Do not take interviews from Alcatel-Lucent lightly, especially from Austin, TX for Soft. Eng. Good luck.

Interview Questions
    • He almost ended up asking me EVERYTHING from my resume. All questions will be tricky, no simple questions to be expected.   Answer Question

Finance Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee  in  Plano, TX
    Anonymous Employee in Plano, TX

I interviewed through college or university. The process took a day - interviewed at Alcatel-Lucent.

Talked to campus recruiter and was invited to the interview in Plano TX office. From the beginning of the interview, the manager that was interviewing started talking negatively about the company and why I should not intern at Alcatel. He said that if I do, there is a zero chance that the company will hire me fulltime after the internship because of declining sales, negative cash flow and so on. Instead asking me intelligent questions, he was talking about how there is no future with this company. Very unprofessional and disappointing.

Interview Questions
    • Do you realize that you will not be able to land a full-time opportunity after this internship?   Answer Question

Program Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Plano, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Plano, TX

I interviewed online. The process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at Alcatel-Lucent in April 2010.

Was interviewed by 3 people. The interview focused on my past experience and skills that I have developed that could apply to the current position. This was not a technical interview, but more focused on my abilities to communicate and manage processes, projects, and people. This was mostly a single day interview and the hiring/decision process was very quick.

Interview Questions
    • What do you most "dislike" about working or having a career?   Answer Question
    ALU would not negotiate and they do not pay high salaries.

IP Division Interview

I interviewed through college or university. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Alcatel-Lucent in March 2013.

Questions are as follows, what is OSI model. What is DHCP. What's the difference between TCP and UDP. What's the difference between OSPF and BGP. Why do people use two different gateway protocols.

Interview Questions
    • What's the difference between OSPF and BGP. Why do people use these two different gateway protocols.   Answer Question