Alcatel-Lucent

Alcatel-Lucent Interview Questions in Mountain View, CA

2 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Qualaity Assurance Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mountain View, CA

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Alcatel-Lucent in June 2011.

I was interviewed by the hiring Manager himself.
    I answered well. But since I didn't have any Computer Science background along with programming and scripting experience, I think it didn't go further.

Interview Questions
    • HOW A PING SEQUENCE TAKES PLACE BETWEEN THE FOLLOWING topology or any similar topology :
      Host A ---------Router 1---------Router2----------Host B..
      Now, if you ping ( send any packet ) from Host A to Host B, what all happens ?

Answer Question
    • Explain about Hub, Switch and Routers. How are these 3 different from each other. He further asked me in detail about breaking up of collision domain by switches and what happens in Hubs?
      He added if four hosts are connected to four ports of a Hub and and four hosts are connected to a switch and if a host wants to send something, than what happens?

Answer Question

QA Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mountain View, CA

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a dayinterviewed at Alcatel-Lucent in October 2010.

I was asked questions unrelated to my area of work. Though my graduation was in Information Science Discipline, I was asked Transistors, Gates, Assembly language programming

I was asked puzzles to solve.

There some very good questions asked though.

I didn't like the attitude of some of the people who Interviewed.

Interview Questions
    • Write a Assembly language code to check for palindromes.   Answer Question
    • Write a pseudo code to check the file sizes in a folder.   Answer Question