Getting an Interview
Getting an Interview
Interviews for Top Jobs at Alcatel-Lucent
- Software Engineer (23)
- Senior Software Engineer (19)
- Software Development Engineer (18)
- Software Developer (16)
- Engineer (8)
- Senior Engineer (5)
- Software Test Engineer (5)
- Intern (5)
- Network Engineer (5)
- Program Manager (5)
- Technical Project Manager (4)
- Member of Technical Staff (4)
- Senior Systems Engineer (4)
- Engineering (4)
- Director (4)
- Co-Op (3)
- Systems Engineer (3)
- Sales Director (3)
- Technical Lead (3)
- Product Manager (3)
- Customer Applications Engineer (2)
- QA Engineer (2)
- Support Engineer (2)
- Project Manager Co-op (2)
- Lead Technical Project Manager (2)
- Assistant Manager (2)
- Senior Project Manager (2)
- Hardware Engineer (2)
- Senior Director (2)
- Administrative Assistant (2)
Helpful (1)No OfferNeutral ExperienceEasy Interview
I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks – interviewed at Alcatel-Lucent (New York, NY) in July 2014.
Applied through a online job board. Got a call for phone interview in a week. Interviewer was friendly and discussed every question with me. But they took a long time to get back to me. Otherwise it was an overall good experience.
- some bit manipulation question 1 Answer
- Accepted OfferPositive ExperienceAverage Interview
The process took 1 day – interviewed at Alcatel-Lucent (New York, NY) in November 2008.
My case was specific to the requirement (prepaid software suite of Alcatel-Lucent) since I had 5 years of experience on their product in India. Questions were only on Alcatel OSP, the product suite, and the projects I worked on using that product for various telecom operators.
- What operator sites did I work on and what kind of network protocol issues did I resolve? 1 Answer
I wasn't in a good negotiating stage due to the market. They offered my $87500 per annum, I asked for $90000 and they agreed.
- Declined OfferNeutral ExperienceEasy Interview
The process took 2 weeks – interviewed at Alcatel-Lucent (Summit, NJ) in June 2008.
Applied through online profile creation for a specific job. Received a call 2wks later regarding the position. HR recruiter arranged for a call back time. Upon call back, we discussed my background and some details of the job. After the conversation, the next day I indicated that the position was not of interest to me and declined to proceed.
- Describe a time when you had to resolve a conflict regarding the time required to complete a task Answer Question
Reasons for Declining
Product focus was not of interest to me at that point in my career