Alcatel-Lucent Interview Questions in New York City, NY

2.3

Entry Level Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Alcatel-Lucent (New York, NY) in July 2014.

Interview

Applied through a online job board. Got a call for phone interview in a week. Interviewer was friendly and discussed every question with me. But they took a long time to get back to me. Otherwise it was an overall good experience.

Interview Questions

• some bit manipulation question   1 Answer

Technical Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

The process took 1 dayinterviewed at Alcatel-Lucent (New York, NY) in November 2008.

Interview

My case was specific to the requirement (prepaid software suite of Alcatel-Lucent) since I had 5 years of experience on their product in India. Questions were only on Alcatel OSP, the product suite, and the projects I worked on using that product for various telecom operators.

Interview Questions

• What operator sites did I work on and what kind of network protocol issues did I resolve?   1 Answer

Negotiation

I wasn't in a good negotiating stage due to the market. They offered my $87500 per annum, I asked for $90000 and they agreed.

Engineering Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Summit, NJ

Application

The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Alcatel-Lucent (Summit, NJ) in June 2008.

Interview

Applied through online profile creation for a specific job. Received a call 2wks later regarding the position. HR recruiter arranged for a call back time. Upon call back, we discussed my background and some details of the job. After the conversation, the next day I indicated that the position was not of interest to me and declined to proceed.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time when you had to resolve a conflict regarding the time required to complete a task   Answer Question

Product focus was not of interest to me at that point in my career