Alcatel-Lucent

3.4

9 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Test Development Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Ottawa, ON (Canada)

I applied through college or university. The process took a weekinterviewed at Alcatel-Lucent.

Interviewed over the phone through the school's internship program. Although slow to begin interviewing students (since the company hires at many schools), Alcatel got back to me very quickly following the interview. They asked me what I knew about networking, what I knew about the company, what I'd been doing in class, etc. I talked to them about some small personal software projects.

Sales Administration Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Kanata, ON (Canada)

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Alcatel-Lucent in September 2014.

Very friendly and pleasant interview. Was interviewed by hiring manager plus another person, not sure what their part was. Basic questions about work experience and ability to work in a team and to work under pressure.

Strategic Data Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Ottawa, ON (Canada)

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Alcatel-Lucent.

This was a co-op position. Interview was setup by co-op office. Phone interview decision maker. Walked through resume, and talked about experience and previous projects. Some technical questions about Excel and database. They are excited about their work. It was a very relaxed process and very friendly. Received offer the day after interview.

Interview Questions
    • Nothing unexpected, just be yourself, and connect your skills with what they're looking for.   Answer Question
    Co-op position, non-negotiable. They did offer a lump sum for relocation.

Customer Applications Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Ottawa, ON (Canada)

I applied online – interviewed at Alcatel-Lucent.

Phone Interview. Then In Personal Interview. Fully Technical. Then In Person HR Interview.

Software Designer (Co-op) Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Ottawa, ON (Canada)

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Alcatel-Lucent in February 2013.

Had a phone interview with 2 people, it was mostly technical questions related closely to the job qualifications listed in the job posting. It was a 45 minutes interview.

Software Testing Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Ottawa, ON (Canada)

I applied through college or university. The process took a dayinterviewed at Alcatel-Lucent.

Interviews are pretty difficult. A phone interview and one interview with a senior member of the team. Then up to 5 various team members grill for nearly a full day on various technical and cultural details. Mostly they are looking to determine if you understand the concepts and are willing / able to learn.

Interview Questions
    • Nothing really unexpected. Questions regarding past experiences in the field and details to ensure that you understand what you were doing in depth.   Answer Question
    I was able to negotiate stock options and $1000 signing bonus. But this was a long time ago...

Applications Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Ottawa, ON (Canada)

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at Alcatel-Lucent in June 2012.

The interview process was done in several stages. First was an interview by a pannel of other people employed in the same position I was applying for. The panel asked questions more and more complex designed to test my knowlege and ability to troubleshoot problems, and demonstrate capability to preform skills listed on my resume. Following this there was a 2 on 1 interview with the manager, again going over the resume and asking more HR type questions. After the interview there was a tour of where, if I were to be hired I would be working. Finally, a meeting with HR to discuss what salary and benefits would be offered for this position.

Interview Questions
    • Troubleshooting questions with no solution, just designed to see what you would do if everything failed.   Answer Question

Junior Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Kanata, ON (Canada)

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Alcatel-Lucent in April 2012.

Well, the people interview me is a team leader and his collegue. They are nice but they say I'm lack of communication skill. First I did a online skill test and a short phone interview, then after I did the skill test, I was invited to face to face interview.

IPD Engineering Department Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Ottawa, ON (Canada)

I applied through college or university. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Alcatel-Lucent in September 2009.

I applied through my schools coop program and after about 10 days i got a mail scheduling a phone interview I wasnt told any details except that it would last for 30mins. The interview was okay the interviewer apologized for delaying the call by 5 mins. He then took about 6mins to tell me about alcatel and the nature of the position i applied for, he told me to ask questions if was in doubt at any point. After that he went through my resume and told me to explain some of my projects at university also to tell me a bit of my past work experience, some questions on routing protocols and asked if i had worked with any alcatel equipment before, he then asked some behavioral questions like about my strengths and weaknesses and why i chose alcatel. He was a very nice chap though, and told me a decision will be sent to my schools coop office. I wasnt sure whether there was going to be a next interview but apparently i dont think so since he was the Manager of the Engineering team

Interview Questions
    • what is the difference btw OSPF and RIP routing protocol and how are they used?   View Answer
    • how can interference btw microwave radios be minimized   View Answers (2)