Alcatel-Lucent

5 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Customer Applications Engineer Interview

Ottawa, ON (Canada)

I applied online and interviewed at Alcatel-Lucent.

Interview Details – Phone Interview. Then In Personal Interview. Fully Technical. Then In Person HR Interview.

Interview Question – What will you bring to the table that no one else can bring?   View Answers (2)

Software Designer (Co-op) Interview

Ottawa, ON (Canada)

I applied through college or university - interviewed at Alcatel-Lucent in February 2013.

Interview Details – Had a phone interview with 2 people, it was mostly technical questions related closely to the job qualifications listed in the job posting. It was a 45 minutes interview.

Interview Question – What is OOP and What are the main components of it?   Answer Question

Software Testing Engineer Interview

Software Testing Engineer
Ottawa, ON (Canada)

I applied through college or university and the process took a day - interviewed at Alcatel-Lucent.

Interview Details – Interviews are pretty difficult. A phone interview and one interview with a senior member of the team. Then up to 5 various team members grill for nearly a full day on various technical and cultural details. Mostly they are looking to determine if you understand the concepts and are willing / able to learn.

Interview Question – Nothing really unexpected. Questions regarding past experiences in the field and details to ensure that you understand what you were doing in depth.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – I was able to negotiate stock options and $1000 signing bonus. But this was a long time ago...

Junior Software Engineer Interview

Kanata, ON (Canada)

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Alcatel-Lucent in April 2012.

Interview Details – Well, the people interview me is a team leader and his collegue. They are nice but they say I'm lack of communication skill. First I did a online skill test and a short phone interview, then after I did the skill test, I was invited to face to face interview.

Interview Question – Please describe in high-level what this program does.   Answer Question

IPD Engineering Department Interview

Ottawa, ON (Canada)

I applied through college or university and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at Alcatel-Lucent in September 2009.

Interview Details – I applied through my schools coop program and after about 10 days i got a mail scheduling a phone interview I wasnt told any details except that it would last for 30mins. The interview was okay the interviewer apologized for delaying the call by 5 mins. He then took about 6mins to tell me about alcatel and the nature of the position i applied for, he told me to ask questions if was in doubt at any point. After that he went through my resume and told me to explain some of my projects at university also to tell me a bit of my past work experience, some questions on routing protocols and asked if i had worked with any alcatel equipment before, he then asked some behavioral questions like about my strengths and weaknesses and why i chose alcatel. He was a very nice chap though, and told me a decision will be sent to my schools coop office. I wasnt sure whether there was going to be a next interview but apparently i dont think so since he was the Manager of the Engineering team

Interview Questions

• what is the difference btw OSPF and RIP routing protocol and how are they used?   View Answer
  • how can interference btw microwave radios be minimized   View Answer

Flag Interview  |  Add Employer Response

Worked for Alcatel-Lucent? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Alcatel-Lucent interview questions and advice in Ottawa, ON. All 5 interview reviews posted anonymously by Alcatel-Lucent employees and interview candidates.