Alcatel-Lucent Software Test Engineer Interview Questions

2.7

4 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Software Test Engineer Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Alcatel-Lucent.

This was for an internship position. I found the interview to be very straightforward. It was a phone interview(30 mins long) and consisted primarily of questions regarding my past projects(from my resume) and an internship that I had just completed. I was asked almost exclusively about my past internship and what I did there/responsibilities there. The only technical question asked was "Describe inheritance in regards to OOP". At this time I do not have an offer but was told that there would be further correspondence once all candidates were interviewed.

Interview Questions
  • What is inheritance?(Not difficult or unexpected)   View Answer

Other Interview Reviews for Alcatel-Lucent

Software Testing Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Ottawa, ON (Canada)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Ottawa, ON (Canada)

I applied through college or university. The process took a dayinterviewed at Alcatel-Lucent.

Interviews are pretty difficult. A phone interview and one interview with a senior member of the team. Then up to 5 various team members grill for nearly a full day on various technical and cultural details. Mostly they are looking to determine if you understand the concepts and are willing / able to learn.

Interview Questions
    • Nothing really unexpected. Questions regarding past experiences in the field and details to ensure that you understand what you were doing in depth.   Answer Question
    I was able to negotiate stock options and $1000 signing bonus. But this was a long time ago...

Software Test Engineer Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Alcatel-Lucent in May 2010.

1 Phone interview by the hiring/team manager followed by
    7 onsite interviews.
    Phone intvw consisted of basic networking knowledge, scripting skills(how can you find a pattern like a ip address in a router table file) and general questions on interest for position.
    On site was very casual atmosphere , friendly people and extensive grilling on lower level network protocols.

Only one coding question to reverse a linked list. Rest Complete theory.
    They flew me in to calif and took care of stay and reimbursed ground transportation.
    Funny thing was I paid for my lunch interview(beats me!) in the nearby subway.

Overall a positive experience. Focus should be on lower level network protocol theory was the impression that I got.

Interview Questions
    • Explain traceroute,testing scenarios,steps that happen when a laptop connects to a internet, find larger of two dates.   Answer Question

Software Test Engineer Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Alcatel-Lucent in April 2009.

Was interviewed as a co-op and have had many more casual internal interviews internally when moving to a new position within the company.