Alcatel-Lucent Technical Project Manager Interview Questions

2.8

4 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Plano, TX
Anonymous Interview Candidate in Plano, TX

I applied online. The process took 5 days - interviewed at Alcatel-Lucent in September 2011.

Jobs are posted internally. Employees submit on open jobs and the hiring managers choose who they wish to interview.

Interview Questions
  • What are some of the things you and your supervisor have disagreed on?   View Answer
Not much to negotiate. Managers to not have much leverage to change salaries.

Other Interview Reviews for Alcatel-Lucent

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  New York, NY
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

The process took a day - interviewed at Alcatel-Lucent in November 2008.

My case was specific to the requirement (prepaid software suite of Alcatel-Lucent) since I had 5 years of experience on their product in India. Questions were only on Alcatel OSP, the product suite, and the projects I worked on using that product for various telecom operators.

Interview Questions
    • What operator sites did I work on and what kind of network protocol issues did I resolve?   View Answer
    I wasn't in a good negotiating stage due to the market. They offered my $87500 per annum, I asked for $90000 and they agreed.

Technical Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Istanbul (Turkey)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Istanbul (Turkey)

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at Alcatel-Lucent in January 2008.

It's been some time ago. References are important. Otherwise, I can't call it too challenging.

Technical Project Manager Interview

I applied online. The process took 7 weeks - interviewed at Alcatel-Lucent in March 2012.

I was called about twice to interview on the technical and then management aspect of the job position. Thereafter a 1:1 was requested when which we discussed salary and my past work experiences. The interviewers were generally open and not so stuck up as this gave me more confidence.

Interview Questions
    • Detail from beginning to end how you would track materials to be used for transmission rollout from order placement to actual installation! Ensuring they arrive at about when needed and in the right quantity as required.   Answer Question
    The negotiation phase was very lengthy. We could not come to a salary compromise soon enough. Had to exchange counter offers(by email) between myself and three top HR personnel during the negotiation period. I'd advice you don't jump at the first offer given to you, try not to be desperate in your job searc, this really goes a long way when the salary negotiation time comes. Also try as much as possible not to give a salary figure when first asked, try to elude it as much as u.

Worked for Alcatel-Lucent? Contribute to the Community!