Alcatel-Lucent

2 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Systems Engineer Interview

Systems Engineer
Swindon, Wiltshire, South West England, England (UK)

I applied online and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Alcatel-Lucent in November 2011.

Interview Details – I applied for the post by sending my CV and covering letter. After couple of weeks a phone interview was setup. Two of the hiring manager conducted the interview and it lasted for about 40 minutes. I was asked questioned solely based on my CV. I had to explain my dissertation work and why I chose to go for this topic. They asked me about my assignment work, pulse shaping filter, noisy channel. After the phone interview I was asked to come to their Swindon office for a face to face interview. A HR personnel took a 10 minutes competency based interview. She asked me about the company, my future aspirations, team-work experience etc. The same two hiring manager took the interview again and asked me similar questions from my CV along with job specific questions. Questions were asked about LTE network architecture, technological specifications and about femto cell simulation in C. They reimbursed my travel expences which was about 40 GBP. They got back to me after one and half months saying I was not successful on this occasion.

Interview Questions

• Describe your masters dissertation project and why you decided to work for this project?   Answer Question
  • What is pulse shaping and why it is used ?   Answer Question

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Senior Software Engineer
Cambridge, East of England, England (UK)

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Alcatel-Lucent in August 2010.

Interview Details – First, there is a phone interview, which is a chat about the company and your previous experience. Then there is a programming task to write at home. The programming task is mostly about data structure and algorithm design. Finally they invite you on-site. You then have a number of interviews with some technical and non-technical people. They ask you to talk about your solution to the programming problem. They also ask a number of technical questions about: data structure and algorithm design, C++ semantics, thread synchronisation.

Interview Question – It's one of those "where is the bug" questions. They show you a C++ program with some thread synchronisation code.   View Answer

Worked for Alcatel-Lucent? Contribute to the Community!