Alcimed Interview Questions

Updated Aug 9, 2015

2.6

Healthcare Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Princeton, NJ

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 5+ weeks. I interviewed at Alcimed (Princeton, NJ) in March 2014.

Interview

Group interview - there were about 4 of us there. Asked what our motivations were for joining the company, then a Q&A session, followed by them giving us a presentation slide deck of about 5 slides and asking to prevent. Closed on a quick 5 minute chat with a consultant which was framed as an elevator pitch for ourselves and why we'd be a good fit for the company.

Interview Questions

• The end 5 minutes were a bit awkward - they don't ask questions but just ask you to "make your case", so prep that.   Answer Question

"Healthcare Consultant" Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Princeton, NJ

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Alcimed (Princeton, NJ).

Interview

I was contacted for a group interview multiple times at their Princeton site. After reading about the company and experiences of other people I felt this wasn't the right place for me and I told them that. They then had someone else call me to try and clarify some things which they did. So even though I read other interview experiences on glassdoor and they all had bad things to say I thought I'd give them a chance. I got their early and was told to just sit out in their "lounge" area with some magazines. The office was very sparse in the way of furniture, dark, and barely air conditioned (being the summer). Instead of the group interview, I turned out to be the only applicant there and had two interviews with the head of consulting and the head of business development. The consulting guy was French, really nice, and joked around a lot. It was during that particular interview I found out that I wasn't being interviewed for the consultant position I applied for, but as a business developer which is basically cold calling and sales, something I did not want to do. After about 45 minutes I saw the head of business development. This guy was German and did not comprehend english very well. On several occasions he told me he didn't understand some of the words I was saying and if I could rephrase or just re-say everything I just said. This guy was also much more stern, and I could tell right off that even if I did want the business developer job, I would not want to work for him. Towards the very end of the interview he kept asking me if I was still interested in the position and my answers were basically no since this is not what I applied for and this is not the work environment I want to be in. I left, heard back in a few weeks that I didn't get the position and resumed my life.

Interview Questions

• In one word describe what a close friend, an acquaintance, and an enemy would say about you   Answer Question

Business Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Princeton, NJ

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Alcimed (Princeton, NJ) in December 2012.

Interview

I applied for the position through my university job posting website. Several days later I was contacted by HR and asked to fill out a short, 2-page application form, which contained questions about my motivations for working in the consulting sector, and why I was interested in Alcimed in particular. No hard questions, it was pretty straightforward. Three weeks after returning the filled out form, I was invited to a "group interview," in which myself and several other candidates for the position met with two of the company's senior employees. They started by having us ask questions about the company, and most of the interview the candidates were trying to get a feel for Alcimed's operations. The interviewers were French, and sometimes their English was difficult to understand. After we had finished asking questions, they randomly assigned us each a short (2-5 slide) powerpoint presentation to deliver based on previous consulting cases the firm had completed. They said "don't worry if you don't understand the content, just focus on the delivery." I think they were looking for people with good sales skills. It definitely felt like a competition, and the atmosphere was nervous and somewhat stifling. They didn't provide much feedback, simply thanked each of us and went to the next presenter. After the presentations we met with them each for one-on-one interviews which were brief (5-10min). I felt after the interview that they do most of their screening at the "group interview" stage, rather than at the resume stage. I felt that they had gone through a large pool of applicants already, because they generally seemed somewhat disinterested in us all during the interview.

Interview Questions

• At the end of the one-on-one interview, my interviewer asked me for a "punchline" by which he could remember me and that would make me stand out among the rest of the applicants. After 2-3 hours of interaction, I felt disappointed that he needed a punchline to remember me by, and the question caught me by surprise. I have to say the entire experience was a bit strange. I felt afterwards that I had failed to make an impression on them.   Answer Question

R & D, Marketing and Strategy Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Princeton, NJ

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Alcimed (Princeton, NJ) in October 2012.

Interview

The interview was held in a group of 7. It was scheduled to be 2 hrs on site at their new office in Princeton and there were 2 consultants holding the interview. We started with the basic "tell me about yourself" questions. After that, we were allowed to ask questions about the company and the positions (It turned out that they recruited us for slightly different positions than we technically applied to). They did a poor job at answering questions and I got a pretty bad impression of the company. We were then given a small deck of power point slides and 5 min to prepare a 3 min presentation. It was painful. The slides were from previous projects they had worked on in France. Their English was terrible and it was obviously directly translated from French. My slides had grammatical errors and incoherent sentences. It was so bad that I had problems understanding the overall presentation. After the presentation, you get a few min with one of the consultants for more questions. The consultant I ended up with didn't ask me any questions and just sat there while I just talked. It was very odd. I head later that the other consultant asked questions and was more engaging during the 1:1 interview part.

Business Developer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Alcimed.

Interview

Entretien collectif avec entreprise à présenter et échange sur l'entreprise, puis entretiens individuels avec représentants de la BU et DRH ( questions habituelles et axées sur le secteur en relation avec le poste), puis rencontre avec une des fondatrices.

Interview Questions

• Citez un exemple de mission réalisée par les équipes Alcimed.   Answer Question

Business Development Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Paris (France)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Alcimed (Paris (France)).

Interview

questions réponses avec rh 5 min d entretien presenter un situation: c'était absurde! Il fallait faire une discussion abec une personne imaginaire pour le convaincre de me donner un rdv. sans information ni document....

Business Development Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Alcimed.

Interview

group interview where each can ask a question! no introduction about the company and then a short oral presentation: no documents where given we should convince a person to give to schedule a meeting

Interview Questions

• individual 5 min interview where should talk about yourself   Answer Question

Business Development Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cologne (Germany)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Alcimed (Cologne (Germany)) in July 2015.

Interview

Erstrunden Bewerbungsgespräch: Gruppeninterview, Selbst-Präsentation und vermutlich am wichtigsten die Test-Präsentation, handschriftliches Motivationsschreiben während des Interviews (min. 2 Sprachen, Rechtschreibung!) Insgesamt hatte das Bewerbungsgespräch eine sehr angenehme Stimmung, was aber auch Glückssache ist und von den anderen Bewerbern im Gruppeninterview abhängt. Die beiden Interviewer waren sehr professionell und machten größenteils sie einen interessierten Eindruck.

Interview Questions

• F: Welche Fragen haben Sie an uns?   1 Answer

Consultant Interview

Interview

One phone interview and one group interview consisting of 4 people. Someone presented the company for most of the time and then asked us to present ourselves. In the end a 1:1 interview with some last questions.

Interview Questions

• Read 10 ppt slides of a case study within 5 min and present it within 3 min.   Answer Question

Consultant Healthcare Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Alcimed (London, England (UK)) in November 2014.

Interview

Group interview started with general introduction of the candidates then there was a company presentation and a general discussion about the company followed by a 3 minute exercise presentation about a random topic with ready-made presentation slides. If time permits there is a short individual interview with CV-based questions. Got the impression that they weren't really looking to fill a position, just want to interview as many candidates as they can in case someone who impresses them comes along.

Interview Questions

• No individual questions asked, just a general CV discussion   Answer Question