Alcimed

Relevance Date Difficulty

Healthcare Consultant Interview

Healthcare Consultant
Princeton, NJ

I applied through college or university and the process took 5+ weeks - interviewed at Alcimed in March 2014.

Interview Details – Group interview - there were about 4 of us there. Asked what our motivations were for joining the company, then a Q&A session, followed by them giving us a presentation slide deck of about 5 slides and asking to prevent. Closed on a quick 5 minute chat with a consultant which was framed as an elevator pitch for ourselves and why we'd be a good fit for the company.

Interview Question – The end 5 minutes were a bit awkward - they don't ask questions but just ask you to "make your case", so prep that.   Answer Question

"Healthcare Consultant" Interview

"Healthcare Consultant"
Princeton, NJ

I applied through college or university and interviewed at Alcimed.

Interview Details – I was contacted for a group interview multiple times at their Princeton site. After reading about the company and experiences of other people I felt this wasn't the right place for me and I told them that. They then had someone else call me to try and clarify some things which they did. So even though I read other interview experiences on glassdoor and they all had bad things to say I thought I'd give them a chance. I got their early and was told to just sit out in their "lounge" area with some magazines. The office was very sparse in the way of furniture, dark, and barely air conditioned (being the summer). Instead of the group interview, I turned out to be the only applicant there and had two interviews with the head of consulting and the head of business development. The consulting guy was French, really nice, and joked around a lot. It was during that particular interview I found out that I wasn't being interviewed for the consultant position I applied for, but as a business developer which is basically cold calling and sales, something I did not want to do. After about 45 minutes I saw the head of business development. This guy was German and did not comprehend english very well. On several occasions he told me he didn't understand some of the words I was saying and if I could rephrase or just re-say everything I just said. This guy was also much more stern, and I could tell right off that even if I did want the business developer job, I would not want to work for him. Towards the very end of the interview he kept asking me if I was still interested in the position and my answers were basically no since this is not what I applied for and this is not the work environment I want to be in. I left, heard back in a few weeks that I didn't get the position and resumed my life.

Interview Question – In one word describe what a close friend, an acquaintance, and an enemy would say about you   Answer Question

Business Developer Interview

Business Developer
Princeton, NJ

I applied online and the process took 4 weeks - interviewed at Alcimed in December 2012.

Interview Details – I applied for the position through my university job posting website. Several days later I was contacted by HR and asked to fill out a short, 2-page application form, which contained questions about my motivations for working in the consulting sector, and why I was interested in Alcimed in particular. No hard questions, it was pretty straightforward. Three weeks after returning the filled out form, I was invited to a "group interview," in which myself and several other candidates for the position met with two of the company's senior employees. They started by having us ask questions about the company, and most of the interview the candidates were trying to get a feel for Alcimed's operations.

The interviewers were French, and sometimes their English was difficult to understand. After we had finished asking questions, they randomly assigned us each a short (2-5 slide) powerpoint presentation to deliver based on previous consulting cases the firm had completed. They said "don't worry if you don't understand the content, just focus on the delivery." I think they were looking for people with good sales skills. It definitely felt like a competition, and the atmosphere was nervous and somewhat stifling. They didn't provide much feedback, simply thanked each of us and went to the next presenter. After the presentations we met with them each for one-on-one interviews which were brief (5-10min).

I felt after the interview that they do most of their screening at the "group interview" stage, rather than at the resume stage. I felt that they had gone through a large pool of applicants already, because they generally seemed somewhat disinterested in us all during the interview.

Interview Question – At the end of the one-on-one interview, my interviewer asked me for a "punchline" by which he could remember me and that would make me stand out among the rest of the applicants. After 2-3 hours of interaction, I felt disappointed that he needed a punchline to remember me by, and the question caught me by surprise. I have to say the entire experience was a bit strange. I felt afterwards that I had failed to make an impression on them.   Answer Question

R & D, Marketing and Strategy Consultant Interview

R & D, Marketing and Strategy Consultant
Princeton, NJ

I applied through college or university - interviewed at Alcimed in October 2012.

Interview Details – The interview was held in a group of 7. It was scheduled to be 2 hrs on site at their new office in Princeton and there were 2 consultants holding the interview. We started with the basic "tell me about yourself" questions. After that, we were allowed to ask questions about the company and the positions (It turned out that they recruited us for slightly different positions than we technically applied to). They did a poor job at answering questions and I got a pretty bad impression of the company. We were then given a small deck of power point slides and 5 min to prepare a 3 min presentation. It was painful. The slides were from previous projects they had worked on in France. Their English was terrible and it was obviously directly translated from French. My slides had grammatical errors and incoherent sentences. It was so bad that I had problems understanding the overall presentation. After the presentation, you get a few min with one of the consultants for more questions. The consultant I ended up with didn't ask me any questions and just sat there while I just talked. It was very odd. I head later that the other consultant asked questions and was more engaging during the 1:1 interview part.

Interview Question – Why do you want to work at Alcimed?   Answer Question

Cologne (Germany)

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Alcimed in June 2014.

Interview Details – It was a group interview (10 persons) in Office cologne. The interview process is quite simple including self introduction, Q&A, 2 minutes presetation of a case report. All together it took 2 hours.

Interview Question – It was difficult to present 5 slices of case Report in 2 minutes.   Answer Question

London, England (UK)

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at Alcimed in May 2014.

Interview Details – The hiring process is quite east, just 2 min power point presentation. The project manager is very young like all the London office, no one actually understand what they are talking about, very unprofessional and the office is shared with another company, plus the salary is below expectation for consultancy

Interview Question – Tell me about you   Answer Question

Reason for Declining – The London office does not have good clients portafolio, not sure about the future of alcimed in UK

Paris (France)

I applied online - interviewed at Alcimed in February 2014.

Interview Details – We are meant to write one page cover letter after the first round before leaving. We had to do a presentation in front of a consultant and manager to show how is our communication skills. We had a one to one interview with a HR when he doesn't talk and just listen to you.

Interview Question – to write a cover letter   View Answer

Reason for Declining – I had better offer at that time

Business Development Manager Interview

Business Development Manager
Cologne (Germany)

I applied through other source and the process took 6 weeks - interviewed at Alcimed in February 2014.

Interview Details – I applied for the job on 13th January 2014
I received an application form on 15th January 2014
I was interviewed at Alcimed Cologne on 20 February 2014.

First round:
Group interview with 7 in total, 6 females 1 male. 2 Interviewer, both male.
As a start we had to shortly introduce ourselves. Then we were allowed to ask questions about the position and the company.
After that, it was getting weird as we got 4 slides of a theme torn out of any context (it was called a case Alcimed had done in the past). We had 5 minutes to read the slides and 2 minutes (and not a second longer) to give the presentation.
Then they gave us an application form, in which we should write our motivation once more in Englisch and in German.
Finally, one of the two interviewer talked with us in private. Everybody had 5 minutes in private to either ask questions or to tell something very intelligent about himself (to convince the interviewer)...

Interview Question
They asked NOTHING. We only should write our motivation.

My opinion
I felt quite unconfortable during the whole processs. I don't think they will call me for the second round.

Interview Question – in private: You have 5 minutes to tell me anything which might be helpful or to ask questions   Answer Question

Brussels (Belgium)

I applied online - interviewed at Alcimed in January 2014.

Interview Details – First round: Group interview with 8 in total. First everyone had to shortly introduce himself, then there was a moment for questions from us about the company. Then we got 3 or 4 slides of a case they had done, we had 5 min to read the slides and perform the presentation. We had to present max 5 min the slides and listen to eachother. Afterwards there was a private moment, when they only asked one question.

Interview Question – After the interview they asked us each individual what we wanted to add to our motivation, which was a bit weird because we already explained in the beginning of the interview.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – I am admitted for the second round, an individual interview.

Intern Interview

Intern
Paris (France)

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Alcimed in May 2013.

Interview Details – A group task with a personal presentation and some team tasks, individual interviews with 2 HRs, after that an interview with project manager (motivational and case) and a unit director (motivational).

Interviews for Top Jobs at Alcimed

Worked for Alcimed? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Alcimed interview questions and advice. All 24 interview reviews posted anonymously by Alcimed employees and interview candidates.