Alcoa

Getting the Interview

5 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Interviewed at Alcoa

Interview Details – The interview was done over the phone. Several people from different departments were present. The personnel on the other end made me feel comfortable and asked good, pertinent questions. The experience overall was very good.

Interview Question – How to deal with a project obstacle independently.   Answer Question

Pittsburgh, PA

I applied online and the process took 2 months - interviewed at Alcoa in March 2013.

Interview Details – I applied online. After a few months got an email to schedule a phone interview. Interviewed by the hiring manager and couple of engineers on the team. General behavioral questions with some technical questions. Was mostly an interactive and friendly conversation.

Interview Question – What motivates you to do well in your area of study?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No negotiation

Intern

I applied through college or university and interviewed at Alcoa.

Interview Details – An application was filled out and I was called in for an interview. The two women who interviewed me were very judgemental and did not seem to want another female in the workplace making comments such as "You realize you're going to get dirty here, right?"

Interview Question – "You realize you're going to get dirty here, right?"   View Answer

Knoxville, TN

I applied through college or university and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Alcoa.

Interview Details – I was contacted over the phone for an interview. Then had one interview in front of a panel of 4 people.

Interview Question – Why do you want this job?   Answer Question

Whitehall, MI

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 2 months - interviewed at Alcoa in March 2012.

Interview Details – 1) Submit resume for review
2) If selected, phone interview with 4 members of the site you will be working at. Usually one representative from HR and 3 members of the area you will be work at, including one manager.
3) If selected for the position, complete preliminary information.
4) Sign contract.
5) Come to the plants' HR department to complete physical and drug test.
6) If all goes well, manager of division will then brief you on you assignment and set a start date.

Interview Question – What is the position you see your self at in 30 years from now?   View Answers (2)

Interviews for Top Jobs at Alcoa

Worked for Alcoa? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Alcoa Intern interview questions and advice. All 5 interview reviews posted anonymously by Alcoa employees and interview candidates.