Alcoa Interview Questions

Updated Sep 9, 2014
Updated Sep 9, 2014

2.9

Intern Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Alcoa in November 2013.

I was interviewed at a career fair and the recruiters were very approachable. Within minutes I was set up for an interview. The interview was short and it was less of a structured interview and more of just a conversation of what my goals were and why I was interested in the company.

Commodity Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pittsburgh, PA

I applied online - interviewed at Alcoa in August 2010.

The company does a panel interview with situational questions in the first interview round. The next round of interviews was with the peers. The last round was with management. The interviews all took place within a couple of weeks.

Interview Questions
    • If I would expect an increase or promotion upon eating an MBA.   View Answer
    Negotiated salary. Vacation was not allowed.

Systems Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pittsburgh, PA

I applied in-person. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Alcoa in May 2014.

Started the interview process when I met with one of the VPs at Alcoa. The meeting was more for the company to get to know me, my background, technical experience, etc. I was then invited back for a set of interviews with four members of the team. The questions were behavioral based, no real technical questions. A lot of the questions were situational. Some examples were "have you ever had to talk between departments", "give an example of a time you had to stand up and lead", and other questions along these lines that match competencies (many companies use these). The interview process, from start to end, was personable unlike most companies I interviewed at. The conversations were more "laid back", so to speak. We were talking about their questions, their tasks they complete on a daily basis, etc. It was more of a discussion than interview which was a refreshing change in comparison to other interviews I was part of. The interviewers weren't afraid to be social, when noticing common ground like where we grew up, went to school, etc. It was overall a great experience, and actually prepared me for more interviews down the road that helped me get another position.

Interview Questions
    • The behavioral questions they asked were expected. I just didn't expect to not be asked any technical questions.   Answer Question

Maintenance Electrician Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Lake Charles, LA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lake Charles, LA

I applied in-person. The process took 2 months - interviewed at Alcoa in February 2014.

Responded to an advertisement in the newspaper, had to pass a test on electrical knowledge that was out of date and barely applied to the job, then told that the position was "multicraft" and I would have to do mechanic work as well as my own, but mechanics were not allowed to do electrical work. finally got a panel interview two weeks later, then took another few weeks to get a phone call on when to start. didn't get my offer letter until after I started!

Interview Questions
    • Electrical test relies heavily on theoretical knowledge that does not typically apply or is not learned by most electrical workers in the commercial field.   Answer Question
    not able to negotiate. wages controlled by useless union.

Financial Analyst Interview

The whole process was okay, it seemed appropriate for the job responsibilities. Overall, it is what you expect for a big company headquatered in NY like Alcoa. I would think it is similar to other interviews I've had with similarly sized huge corporations. Overall, it was a good experience. I got the offer, after some preparation.

EHS Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Savannah, GA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Savannah, GA

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Alcoa in July 2013.

The interview process took about two weeks. I received a phone call from the Ehs manager who told me they are interested in me for the intern. The next day I had a phone interview. Flew out there to interview a week later, two interviews one with HR and one with EHS manager. Be ready to explain why you want to work for the company, where you see yourself in 10 years, why you chose your profession etc

Interview Questions
    • Will you get nervouse to speak in front of large crowds?   View Answer
    Always keep an open mind, and want to continue learning in your profession.

Analytics Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Knoxville, TN
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Knoxville, TN

interviewed at Alcoa in February 2013.

Applied online including a resume and a cover letter. I was set up with a 30 minute phone interview. Interview questions were quite difficult. As far as the technologies and tools the group used, it sounded like they were almost exclusively an Excel shop. I should have spent considerably more time learning about commodities pricing and the aluminum industry as a whole.

Interview Questions
    • If federal interest rates increase, what will the effect be on the price of metal?   Answer Question

Financial Analyst Interview

The process took 4 weeks - interviewed at Alcoa.

Typical interview process. Nothing out of the ordinary

Interview Questions
    • Basic Questions: What is your biggest strength/weekness; Tell me about leadership roles/ teamwork; why Alcoa and this position   Answer Question

Staff Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pittsburgh, PA

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Alcoa.

online app, initial phone call from HR, first interview (group), second interview (group) - Simple STARS format. Offer or rejection in 2 weeks

Interview Questions
    • If you could be any brand of cereal, what would you be?   View Answer

industry

Ops Project Leader Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Davenport, IA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Davenport, IA

interviewed at Alcoa in January 2010.

Case and behavior based.

Interview Questions

Worked for Alcoa? Contribute to the Community!