Alcoa

70 candidate interviews
Relevance Date Difficulty

Staff Analyst Interview

Pittsburgh, PA

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Alcoa.

Interview Details – online app, initial phone call from HR, first interview (group), second interview (group) - Simple STARS format. Offer or rejection in 2 weeks

Interview Question – If you could be any brand of cereal, what would you be?   View Answer

Reason for Declining – industry

Ops Project Leader Interview

Davenport, IA

I interviewed at Alcoa in January 2010.

Interview Details – Case and behavior based.

Interview Question – How to make company profitable? (unexpected)   Answer Question

Scientist Interview

New Kensington, PA

I applied online and interviewed at Alcoa.

Interview Details – Got my travel plans and requests for other items (e.g., filled paper application, references, etc.) at the very last minute. Had to give a presentation to their staff. Probably 70 % behavioral, 30 % knowledge/skills. Whole day interview, 8+ people to meet.

Interview Question – If you get past the phone screen by HR, and the phone interview, possibly conducted by a panel pulled together by the hiring manager, you may be invited for an onsite interview. However, prior to this, they require you to input 5 references for a 360-degree review, and make your references fill out a survey BEFORE the interview. You will also have to do a lengthy personality/reasoning test online, again pre-interview. I can see how this may expedite things, but truly, this was a waste of time for my references; how disappointing that they do this.   Answer Question

Mechanical Engineer Intern Interview

I applied online and the process took 2 months - interviewed at Alcoa.

Interview Details – Applied online in October and got a phone interview in January. The recruiting process seems like opening oriented. Unless there's a current opening, your resume would stay in their database. The interviewee is a chief engineer from a R&D group and the interview last for 45 mins. Most of the questions are based on my resume and projects.

Interview Question – Some material selection question about my previous projects.   Answer Question

Team Lead Interview

Team Lead
Davenport, IA

I applied in-person and the process took 3 months - interviewed at Alcoa in June 2010.

Interview Details – Apply through a temp service, they do the initial interview process only. Have your resume, education, experiences, references in order. They will be checking everything. Be patient....theres many applying and the process can take awhile.

Interview Question – Why should we hire you?   View Answer

Purchasing Interview

I applied online and interviewed at Alcoa.

Interview Details – 5 interviews. some with groups of 4 or 5 all talking at the same time

Interview Question – Why do you want to work here.   Answer Question

Engineer Interview

I applied online and the process took 3 months - interviewed at Alcoa in January 2014.

Interview Details – first prescreen resume cost 2 weeks, phone interview came after another 2 weeks, onsite interview cost extra 2 weeks.

Interview Question – 40% technical question, 60% behavior part.   Answer Question

Interviewed at Alcoa

Interview Details – The interview was done over the phone. Several people from different departments were present. The personnel on the other end made me feel comfortable and asked good, pertinent questions. The experience overall was very good.

Interview Question – How to deal with a project obstacle independently.   Answer Question

Pittsburgh, PA

I applied online and the process took 2 months - interviewed at Alcoa in March 2013.

Interview Details – I applied online. After a few months got an email to schedule a phone interview. Interviewed by the hiring manager and couple of engineers on the team. General behavioral questions with some technical questions. Was mostly an interactive and friendly conversation.

Interview Question – What motivates you to do well in your area of study?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No negotiation

Intern

I applied through college or university and interviewed at Alcoa.

Interview Details – An application was filled out and I was called in for an interview. The two women who interviewed me were very judgemental and did not seem to want another female in the workplace making comments such as "You realize you're going to get dirty here, right?"

Interview Question – "You realize you're going to get dirty here, right?"   View Answer

Interviews for Top Jobs at Alcoa

Worked for Alcoa? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Alcoa interview questions and advice. All 70 interview reviews posted anonymously by Alcoa employees and interview candidates.