Alcoa Interview Questions

Updated Aug 26, 2015

2.8

Quality Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Rochester, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Alcoa (Rochester, NY) in August 2015.

Interview

Was invited into the HR manager's office with the the HR Manager and the Quality Manager. The two of them asked the first all important question, "tell me about yourself". After a brief response they started asking questions about my experience and and then they told me about the job opening. They allowed me to ask a question or two and then the interview was over.

Shipping and Receiving Supervisor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Savannah, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Alcoa (Savannah, GA) in July 2015.

Interview

Initial phone screen with HR Representative went well. Very basic questions. The phone screen went well. So well that we scheduled another phone screen, but this time with an additional HR Rep and the Plant Manager. We agreed upon a date and time for the 2nd phone screen. Excited about this opportunity, I did my research and was well prepared. The day of the phone screen came and I was never called. Confused I called, only to find out that the HR Rep recorded the wrong day. So we rescheduled for two days later. Again I was very hopeful and excited about the opportunity to interview with such a well respected and established company. My excitement was soon gone after I was stood up again for the phone screen. 2 Times in 48 hours I was stood up! Still confused I called the following day. The HR Rep picked up and asked if she could call me right back. I agreed but only if she would call back. She never did! I understand that positions open and close regularly as time/budget permit. This is not a way to treat candidate. If I was told straight up that I was not a good fit, then I would fine with that. I have never been around such unprofessioanlism in my life. Be honest with people and follow through with what you said That being said, I do still believe that the company as a whole is a terrific place to work. I still wish to work with and grow with Alcoa someday. I think this situation is more about a ditzy, incompetent, unprofessional HR Rep.

Interview Questions

• Give an example of how you have dealt with communication difficult decisions? Give an example of how you have used Six Sigma or Lean techniques to improve upon a process?   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Interview

The interview was almost perfunctory, and the interviewers seemed ill-prepared. The Alcoa building is made of aluminum and well-designed. I wish that I could say the same thing about the company's hiring processes, which were lacking in guidance and seemed haphazard at times. Be more prepared if someone is taking the time to meet you for a position.

Business Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Pittsburgh, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Alcoa (Pittsburgh, PA) in May 2015.

Interview

A brief phone interview to schedule a interview in the following week or so. he told me about something that what they do, and then asked several basic questions about the resume, and the classic question tell me about yourself.

Interview Questions

• basic questions and a a case, the case was what do you thing about the increasing number about the exports from china, should we concern about that?   Answer Question

Procurement Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Alcoa.

Interview

Attended a University Job fair where I spoke with a recruiter and handed them a resume. I also applied online a day after. 2 months later, I received a phone call to answer brief behavioral questions, and then was invited to visit their corporate center in Pittsburgh. Had 4 30-minute interviews during my visit. Didn't receive an offer to work in Pittsburgh but was offered a similar internship at another facility in Indiana.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about yourself Tell me about a time when you experienced a problem, and had to come up with a solution to work around it. There was also 1 case question and 1 quantitative question   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Alcoa.

Interview

The interview was held on-site at one of their facilities. Initially, they brought the applicants into a room with engineering leaders and HR representatives and had us rotate between the group, talking to each rep along the way. Afterwards, I was interviewed by an engineering leader who asked mostly behavior style interviews. The interview questions themselves were pretty difficult as some asked about very specific situations.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time when a team member or members strongly disagreed with your action or ideas. How did you handle the situation?   Answer Question

Inside Sales Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Alcoa.

Interview

they did a phone interview followed by an in person with multiple folks popping in and out. It was a very general resume review as well as explaination of the job followed by a few critical thinking questions which I breezed through.

Interview Questions

• 3 items you have to get across the river with 1 boat and rules of not being able to leave certain ones alone   1 Answer

Intern Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Alcoa in March 2015.

Interview

I met a recruiter on campus and handed over my resume. Got a call a few months later to schedule for a phone interview the next day. They asked mostly behavioral questions and a few about my background. It was very easy going and the interviewers were polite!

Interview Questions

• What was the most challenging experience at your previous employment?   Answer Question

Information Services Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Whitehall, MI

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Alcoa (Whitehall, MI) in March 2015.

Interview

First phone call - we scheduled a time to do a phone interview. Second phone call - phone interview was actually a conference call with four to six people from various departments. After those two phone calls they immediately went into a background check. Three weeks later I received a phone call where they talked about my offer. The next day they formally sent me an offer letter via email to be signed and sent back.

Mechanical Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Davenport, IA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Alcoa (Davenport, IA) in March 2015.

Interview

I applied online and was contacted via email by HR for a brief screening. We spoke the next day then he scheduled an interview with hiring manager a week later. After the phone interview with HR and hiring manager, I was sent an email that night for an onsite interview a week later. The interview day consisted of security and safety video then a plant tour. After an hour plant tour, it was a panel interview consisting of 4 ppl. Immediately after interview I was called the next day they wanted to make an offer. The offer was sent two days later and I had a week to make a decision. Offer signed and returned via email to HR.

Interview Questions

• Why you want to be a mechanical engineer? Why you chose Alcoa? Describe a time where you had to complete a project with no procedures or policies in place. You have to answer in star format.   Answer Question