Alcoa Interview Questions

Updated Oct 11, 2014
Updated Oct 11, 2014

2.9

Financial Analyst Interview

Applied through campus recruiting. Was contacted over the phone for an on-campus interview. The interviewer was quite nice and asked very basic behavioral questions. No accounting or finance questions were asked however the interviewer knew I didn't study finance (majored in another quantitative field). If you majored in finance be prepared to be asked some financial questions.

Interview Questions
    • At the very end of the 30 min interview she asked me what else she should know about myself.   Answer Question

Financial Analyst Interview

The whole process was okay, it seemed appropriate for the job responsibilities. Overall, it is what you expect for a big company headquatered in NY like Alcoa. I would think it is similar to other interviews I've had with similarly sized huge corporations. Overall, it was a good experience. I got the offer, after some preparation.

Systems Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pittsburgh, PA

I applied in-person. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Alcoa in May 2014.

Started the interview process when I met with one of the VPs at Alcoa. The meeting was more for the company to get to know me, my background, technical experience, etc. I was then invited back for a set of interviews with four members of the team. The questions were behavioral based, no real technical questions. A lot of the questions were situational. Some examples were "have you ever had to talk between departments", "give an example of a time you had to stand up and lead", and other questions along these lines that match competencies (many companies use these). The interview process, from start to end, was personable unlike most companies I interviewed at. The conversations were more "laid back", so to speak. We were talking about their questions, their tasks they complete on a daily basis, etc. It was more of a discussion than interview which was a refreshing change in comparison to other interviews I was part of. The interviewers weren't afraid to be social, when noticing common ground like where we grew up, went to school, etc. It was overall a great experience, and actually prepared me for more interviews down the road that helped me get another position.

Interview Questions
    • The behavioral questions they asked were expected. I just didn't expect to not be asked any technical questions.   Answer Question

Financial Analyst Interview

The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Alcoa.

Typical interview process. Nothing out of the ordinary

Interview Questions
    • Basic Questions: What is your biggest strength/weekness; Tell me about leadership roles/ teamwork; why Alcoa and this position   Answer Question

Staff Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pittsburgh, PA

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Alcoa.

online app, initial phone call from HR, first interview (group), second interview (group) - Simple STARS format. Offer or rejection in 2 weeks

Interview Questions
    • If you could be any brand of cereal, what would you be?   View Answer

industry

Scientist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New Kensington, PA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in New Kensington, PA

I applied online – interviewed at Alcoa.

Got my travel plans and requests for other items (e.g., filled paper application, references, etc.) at the very last minute. Had to give a presentation to their staff. Probably 70 % behavioral, 30 % knowledge/skills. Whole day interview, 8+ people to meet.

Interview Questions
    • If you get past the phone screen by HR, and the phone interview, possibly conducted by a panel pulled together by the hiring manager, you may be invited for an onsite interview. However, prior to this, they require you to input 5 references for a 360-degree review, and make your references fill out a survey BEFORE the interview. You will also have to do a lengthy personality/reasoning test online, again pre-interview. I can see how this may expedite things, but truly, this was a waste of time for my references; how disappointing that they do this.   Answer Question

Mechanical Engineer Intern Interview

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Alcoa.

Applied online in October and got a phone interview in January. The recruiting process seems like opening oriented. Unless there's a current opening, your resume would stay in their database. The interviewee is a chief engineer from a R&D group and the interview last for 45 mins. Most of the questions are based on my resume and projects.

Interview Questions
    • Some material selection question about my previous projects.   Answer Question

Purchasing Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Alcoa.

5 interviews. some with groups of 4 or 5 all talking at the same time

Intern Interview

The interview was done over the phone. Several people from different departments were present. The personnel on the other end made me feel comfortable and asked good, pertinent questions. The experience overall was very good.

Maintenance Electrician Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lake Charles, LA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lake Charles, LA

I applied in-person. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Alcoa in February 2014.

Responded to an advertisement in the newspaper, had to pass a test on electrical knowledge that was out of date and barely applied to the job, then told that the position was "multicraft" and I would have to do mechanic work as well as my own, but mechanics were not allowed to do electrical work. finally got a panel interview two weeks later, then took another few weeks to get a phone call on when to start. didn't get my offer letter until after I started!

Interview Questions
    • Electrical test relies heavily on theoretical knowledge that does not typically apply or is not learned by most electrical workers in the commercial field.   Answer Question
    not able to negotiate. wages controlled by useless union.