Alcoa

2.9

Purchasing Interview

5 interviews. some with groups of 4 or 5 all talking at the same time

Intern Interview

The interview was done over the phone. Several people from different departments were present. The personnel on the other end made me feel comfortable and asked good, pertinent questions. The experience overall was very good.

Maintenance Electrician Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lake Charles, LA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lake Charles, LA

I applied in-person. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Alcoa in February 2014.

Responded to an advertisement in the newspaper, had to pass a test on electrical knowledge that was out of date and barely applied to the job, then told that the position was "multicraft" and I would have to do mechanic work as well as my own, but mechanics were not allowed to do electrical work. finally got a panel interview two weeks later, then took another few weeks to get a phone call on when to start. didn't get my offer letter until after I started!

Interview Questions
    • Electrical test relies heavily on theoretical knowledge that does not typically apply or is not learned by most electrical workers in the commercial field.   Answer Question
    not able to negotiate. wages controlled by useless union.

Intern Interview

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Alcoa.

An application was filled out and I was called in for an interview. The two women who interviewed me were very judgemental and did not seem to want another female in the workplace making comments such as "You realize you're going to get dirty here, right?"

Interview Questions
    • "You realize you're going to get dirty here, right?"   View Answer

Engineer Interview

I applied online. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at Alcoa in January 2014.

first prescreen resume cost 2 weeks, phone interview came after another 2 weeks, onsite interview cost extra 2 weeks.

Process Engineer Interview

Initial phone interview by HR and hiring manager. This was followed by an on site interview. The onsite interview consited of three hour long interviews with a total of 6 people (two per interview).

Marketing Intern Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Alcoa.

There were a total of 3 interviews that were all over the phone. The first 2 were with the HR and the last qualifying interview was with the mentor and HR. Overall, they asked standard questions like "Tell me about your past experience.", "What are your strengths and weaknesses?". Know about your past experience and be able to give examples that answer their question.

Interview Questions
    Sends you an offer letter. Sign it and email it back.

Staff Machinist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New Kensington, PA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in New Kensington, PA

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Alcoa in December 2013.

Communications for setting up interview great. Interviewed by Shop Supervisor and taken on a shop tour by a machinist. Then something I never experienced before which I thought was excellent I was asked questions by 6 shop employees in 3 sessions 2 at a time. Finally an interview with Department manager and HR.

Project Leader Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Alcoa.

Pre-screening interviews are common, for example: on campus interviews for college applicants or phone interview for employee referrals. Interviews are all behavioral based and consist of multiple interview sessions with 2 interviewers at a time. Typically there will be about six 30-40 minute interview sessions onsite.

Business casual is the standard, only very high level folks will ever be seen in suits (CEO, CFO, Exe VPs). It is common to see director level folks in a sport jackets, but almost never with a tie. Typical work days are 8 hours, flex schedule allows for 7-4, 8-5, 9-6, or anything in between.

Interview Questions
    • You will almost undoubtedly have a behavioral interview question regarding safety.   View Answer
    Recruited out of college, got an offer letter (with a signing bonus) I accepted without countering.

Engineering Intern Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Alcoa.

Got contacted by an HR rep to do a phone screen. Very basic behavioral questions throughout.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about a time when you had to go against the norm.   Answer Question