Alcoa Procurement Interview Questions

Updated Apr 15, 2015

2.5

Procurement Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Alcoa.

Interview

Attended a University Job fair where I spoke with a recruiter and handed them a resume. I also applied online a day after. 2 months later, I received a phone call to answer brief behavioral questions, and then was invited to visit their corporate center in Pittsburgh. Had 4 30-minute interviews during my visit. Didn't receive an offer to work in Pittsburgh but was offered a similar internship at another facility in Indiana.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about yourself Tell me about a time when you experienced a problem, and had to come up with a solution to work around it. There was also 1 case question and 1 quantitative question   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Alcoa

Procurement Interview

Application

The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Alcoa in August 2011.

Interview

Behavioral Interview Competencies: HIGH PERFORMANCE FOCUS (workload was heaviest, big obstacle to achieving goal, focus on achieving goal, communication unclear, significant accomplishment) ANALYTICAL/STRATEGIC THINKING (situation where research/analytical thinking was necessary, difficult problem personally or on job, complicated problem in tight timeframe, confronted with unexpected problem at work) DRIVE FOR CHANGE (creative idea, steps to control errors in projects, improve efficiency, identify small problm before it becomes too big) ACCOUNTABILITY (time when goal wasn't going to be achieved, set high standards and stuck to them despite obstacles, time when not fully utilized, objectives for year) LEADERSHIP (situation when you had to influence peer, leadership role, accomplishment, how do you motivate) CUSTOMER FOCUS (respond to negative feedback from customer, extra effort to satisfy customer, elements of customer relationship building, time when you had to do something right for you but wrong for customer) COLLABORATION (difficulty getting along with someone, personal goal you had to sacrifice, resolve conflict between team members, time when you didn't agree with decision or approach team took) DEVELOPMENT OF SELF & OTHERS (able to learn something complex, keep up with changes in professional field, what are your strengths/weaknesses, opportunity to coach someone)

Interview Questions

• totally unexpected problem at work and how did you handle?   Answer Question