Alcon

2 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Analyst Interview

Fort Worth, TX

I applied online and the process took 7 weeks - interviewed at Alcon in May 2010.

Interview Details – I applied for an analyst position online. It took about four weeks before i heard back from the company. The interview was scheduled the next week. The hiring manager brought me in for an interview, asked me a few questions about me, and then basically spent most of the time talking about the position. Based on the details described about the job, I thought I was very qualified for it. But it seems, based on a conversation with a friend who works there, that the company typically doesn't like hiring from the outside unless someone higher up already knows you. After waiting nearly two weeks, i found out that they had hired someone else from inside the company (i heard from my friend).

Interview Question – Besides the whole "why do you want to work here" stuff, I got some questions about my background and where I worked before. I didn't get really any direct questions that were considered hard. Instead, the manager spent most of his time talking about the position but he never asked about my qualifications or experience for the job. I think he just liked hearing himself talk.   Answer Question

Flag Interview  |  Add Employer Response

Analyst Interview

Analyst

Interviewed at Alcon

Interview Details – Regular process of HR calling for interview.
Usually interviewer will be from US
Questions are direct

Interview Question – No difficult questions, most of them are direct   Answer Question

Flag Interview  |  Add Employer Response
Interviews for Top Jobs at Alcon

Worked for Alcon? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Alcon Analyst interview questions and advice. All interview reviews posted anonymously by Alcon employees and interview candidates.