Alcon Interview Questions

Updated Aug 27, 2015

2.9

Quality Engineer Interview

Interview

I had a phone interview with the division manager and then emailed to set up an onsite interview where they rotated questioning among the three supervisors along with HR.

Interview Questions

• strengths and weakness? situation where you came to root cause?   Answer Question

Engineering Co-Op Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Alcon in May 2015.

Interview

Two phone interviews. First with HR and 2nd with Manager. HR asked typical employment questions and also about my interests. Manager asked about why and what I wanted to gain from the position. Honestly didn't think it went well but I got a call back after 2 weeks offering me the position. Peers told me it probably went well because I was honest and affirmative in my responses with the Manager. Overall a Good experience.

Vice President Operations Interview

Anonymous Employee in Pasadena, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Alcon (Pasadena, CA) in May 2015.

Interview

Expected - Behavioral questions. All questions were based on situations. Phone screen then 1 on 1 at the site then HR meetings. Negotiations were simple -overall the process was simple and expected

Interview Questions

• Failure and how you handled it   1 Answer

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Alcon.

Interview

The interview process was pretty standard. I first had a phone screening with a recruiter, then a phone screening with the District Manager. After the second screening I had a face to face interview with the district manager followed by personality/profile assessment a final interview with the Regional Director.

Interview Questions

• Standard STAR questions and did a couple role plays.   1 Answer

Negotiation

Fairly standard

Sales Representative Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Alcon.

Interview

One of the weirdest interviews I've ever had because of how unfriendly and awkward this manager was. Completely uninterested in the answers I gave, mgr was staring at the ceiling at one point and barely made eye contact anytime I spoke. Bad personality, never cracked a smile for a second, to say "dry" personality would b an understatement. I'm pretty sure this manager would be a holy terror and not someone I want to work for.

Marketing Communications Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fort Worth, TX

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Alcon (Fort Worth, TX) in March 2015.

Interview

Typically, when I interview for a company, I do quite a bit of prep work - reading the financial and/or annual reports (if available) and sifting through the corporate website, LinkedIn, etc. to understand the company, its players, etc. Literally, the second I sat down, I was grilled with a bunch of cookie-cutter questions. About half-way through, I was allowed to ask my questions. I really strive to get a feel for the corporate environment and the dynamics/personalities of my potential colleagues. However, the interviewers were tough to read, and one of them kept looking at her phone/clock and mentioned that they had to keep a close eye on the time since they had interviews lined up all day. In short, I felt like a number. They didn't call me back for a second interview, although I believe I'm more than qualified for the position.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time when a project didn't go as you had originally planned - and how did you handle it?   Answer Question

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Alcon.

Interview

2 interviews questions on experience, qualification etc, strength and weakness. The process was straight forward, panel interview, with one on one with the director. Director said they would let me know with in 5 days did not hear from them, I sent an email stating I was looking at additional offer, received a response back immediately. First day, no computer, no desk, no office supplies

Interview Questions

Negotiation

no room for negotiation had a set annual amount it worked for me at the time. I knew I would not have a career with Alcon 2 days after starting

Assembler Interview

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Alcon.

Interview

No process for interviewing for this position you start out as a temp and bid for a position. Then after that you are basically in the door. Perfect if you just need something but the pay is more than minimum wage. Good Luck in this position the world depends on you to see better.

Interview Questions

• when starting as a temp is basically apply and you are in   Answer Question

Senior Technologist I Interview

Anonymous Employee in Fort Worth, TX

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Alcon (Fort Worth, TX) in August 2014.

Interview

It is a long interview process with 4 or more people who interview you individually. The group of people includes HR, Head of Department and Shift Supervisors. Questions involve technical and behavioral aspects. They want to know how you can function in a group of diverse people with different backgrounds and how you handle several tasks at the same time.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

I got $1.60 per hour more than what they were offering me to start.

IT Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Alcon.

Interview

Two back to back on campus interviews through school career service. Most questions are basic behavioral questions. Very conversational. They get back to you with the offer within 2 weeks and give about a week to decide.