Alcon

Updated Feb 5, 2015
Updated Feb 5, 2015

2.9

Technical Consultant Interview

I applied through other source. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at Alcon.

2 interviews questions on experience, qualification etc, strength and weakness. The process was straight forward, panel interview, with one on one with the director. Director said they would let me know with in 5 days did not hear from them, I sent an email stating I was looking at additional offer, received a response back immediately. First day, no computer, no desk, no office supplies

Interview Questions
    no room for negotiation had a set annual amount it worked for me at the time. I knew I would not have a career with Alcon 2 days after starting

Assembler Interview

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Alcon.

No process for interviewing for this position you start out as a temp and bid for a position. Then after that you are basically in the door. Perfect if you just need something but the pay is more than minimum wage. Good Luck in this position the world depends on you to see better.

Interview Questions
    • when starting as a temp is basically apply and you are in   Answer Question

IT Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at Alcon.

Two back to back on campus interviews through school career service. Most questions are basic behavioral questions. Very conversational. They get back to you with the offer within 2 weeks and give about a week to decide.

CTDM Specialist Interview

Contract position--interviewed with recruiter over the phone, then interviewed with CTDM manager over the phone, then in person with CTDM manager and 2 other managers. It was a pretty intense interview!

Interview Questions
    • I cannot remember any questions in particular, but there were a lot of behavioral and experience based questions.   Answer Question
    There was no negotiation.

Pharmaceutical Sales Representative Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 6 weeksinterviewed at Alcon in May 2014.

You are typically looking at 4-6 interviews to get hired. Initial phone screen by a recruiter. Then a phone screen by hiring manager. Then an in person with hiring manager. Then with the hiring managers boss. Then back to hiring manager and a team leader.

Interview Questions
    • just get prepped for STAR questions and be able to relate it specifically to the position you are applying for. They ask certain questions just to see how you reply. It gives them an idea of how you will communicate your thoughts.

What will you bring to the team?

View Answer
    No. HR sets salary.

Tech Interview

The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Alcon.

Just asked job related question.

Accountant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Sinking Spring, PA
    Anonymous Employee in Sinking Spring, PA

Met with HR, Manager, Controller, individuals I would be working with, and managers of other departments. Had to submit a caliper.

Interview Questions
    • I was asked if I was a Psychopath or a Sociopath by a manager.   View Answer

Intern Interview

behavioral interview
    typical questions like talk about youself, describe a mistake you made in teamwork

Information Technology Internship Interview

Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX
    Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Alcon in February 2014.

Applied online, received an email stating that interview was going to happen via phone or you can come visit the onsite location. Alcon rep was extremely nice and I was fortunate to be able to meet he/she in person because he/she visited my town because of her daughter going to the same school as I.

Interview was very casual, asked basic interview questions, interests in what type of opportunities and such and why you would want an internship.

Received an email a few weeks afterwards to conduct a second interview.
    But I declined due to accepting another position elsewhere.

Interview Questions
    • What languages do you know pertaining to this internship? --was really the only technical question   Answer Question

Compliance Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fort Worth, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fort Worth, TX

The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Alcon.

telephone interview with 3rd party recruiter followed by telephone interview with hiring manager and on site interview with 5 additional people.