Alcon Interview Questions

Updated Jul 8, 2014

2.9

Global Market Science Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fort Worth, TX

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Alcon in June 2013.

It was extremely fast, the whole process took 4 weeks and I was an out of state candidate. I thought it was strange that they did not ask me any technical questions and I did not interview/had lunch with fellow researchers. Later on I came to realize, they did not want me to see how low the morale across the company is.

Interview Questions
    • There weren't many technical questions, mostly behavioral "tell me about yourself" type of questions. Right now they are so lost as far research and analytics goes, that they don't know what to ask really.   Answer Question
    Uneventful. The only thing I wish I had negotiated was 5 weeks PTO instead of 4, since they offer only 8 holidays/year. They say they close during x-mas week, but if you think about it that's only 3 days PTO, since most companies holiday x-mas day, eve and jan 1st anyway. Sick days come out of your PTO time. Per company policy 12 years of experience yields 5 weeks PTO.

Manager Interview

I applied through an employee referral - interviewed at Alcon in August 2010.

Interviewed with GM, Department Manager and Senior Management Team in one location and then was interviewed at corporate offices with Division Manager and Corporate officers. The interview process was 1:1, group and during lunches and dinners. I was offered the opportunity to then select employees from both locations to interview and determine for myself how the employees value their work experiences and compensation.

Interview Questions
    • What are your goals for the first week, 6 months and 1 year for doing this job?   Answer Question

CTDM Specialist Interview

Contract position--interviewed with recruiter over the phone, then interviewed with CTDM manager over the phone, then in person with CTDM manager and 2 other managers. It was a pretty intense interview!

Interview Questions
    • I cannot remember any questions in particular, but there were a lot of behavioral and experience based questions.   Answer Question
    There was no negotiation.

Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fort Worth, TX

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 5 weeks - interviewed at Alcon in March 2013.

Very casual conversation. If you get an interview, it is all about fit because they already have a high confidence that your skills match the job. It is chaos to get them organized.

Negotiate salary and PTO days. If they want you, they will meet your demands.

R&D Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Atlanta, GA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at Alcon in March 2013.

Just one interview on campus which was really easy. Straightfoward, behavioral questions and barely any technical questions. Short interview with two interviewers.

Interview Questions
    • State three things you try to focus on when writing a piece of computer code.   Answer Question

Tech Interview

The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Alcon.

Just asked job related question.

Intern Interview

behavioral interview
    typical questions like talk about youself, describe a mistake you made in teamwork

Compliance Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fort Worth, TX

The process took 2 months - interviewed at Alcon.

telephone interview with 3rd party recruiter followed by telephone interview with hiring manager and on site interview with 5 additional people.

Medical Sales Representative Interview

The first interview I had was very casual. The interviewer asked me questions and then built upon my answers.

Interview Questions
    • What is a goal that you have right now and what are you doing to get there?   Answer Question

Data Entry W/Other Duties Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fort Worth, TX

I applied in-person. The process took 1 week - interviewed at Alcon.

29 years ago...so not really applicable today

Interview Questions
    • met with HR, then was called back to meet position-related individuals   Answer Question
    I accepted without reservation...no negotiation

Worked for Alcon? Contribute to the Community!