Alcon

Updated Oct 23, 2014
Updated Oct 23, 2014

2.8

CTDM Specialist Interview

Contract position--interviewed with recruiter over the phone, then interviewed with CTDM manager over the phone, then in person with CTDM manager and 2 other managers. It was a pretty intense interview!

Interview Questions
    • I cannot remember any questions in particular, but there were a lot of behavioral and experience based questions.   Answer Question
    There was no negotiation.

Pharmaceutical Sales Representative Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 6 weeksinterviewed at Alcon in May 2014.

You are typically looking at 4-6 interviews to get hired. Initial phone screen by a recruiter. Then a phone screen by hiring manager. Then an in person with hiring manager. Then with the hiring managers boss. Then back to hiring manager and a team leader.

Interview Questions
    • just get prepped for STAR questions and be able to relate it specifically to the position you are applying for. They ask certain questions just to see how you reply. It gives them an idea of how you will communicate your thoughts.

What will you bring to the team?

View Answer
    No. HR sets salary.

Tech Interview

The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Alcon.

Just asked job related question.

Intern Interview

behavioral interview
    typical questions like talk about youself, describe a mistake you made in teamwork

Compliance Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fort Worth, TX

The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Alcon.

telephone interview with 3rd party recruiter followed by telephone interview with hiring manager and on site interview with 5 additional people.

Medical Sales Representative Interview

The first interview I had was very casual. The interviewer asked me questions and then built upon my answers.

Interview Questions
    • What is a goal that you have right now and what are you doing to get there?   Answer Question

Data Entry W/Other Duties Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fort Worth, TX

I applied in-person. The process took a weekinterviewed at Alcon.

29 years ago...so not really applicable today

Interview Questions
    • met with HR, then was called back to meet position-related individuals   Answer Question
    I accepted without reservation...no negotiation

Global Market Science Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fort Worth, TX

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Alcon in June 2013.

It was extremely fast, the whole process took 4 weeks and I was an out of state candidate. I thought it was strange that they did not ask me any technical questions and I did not interview/had lunch with fellow researchers. Later on I came to realize, they did not want me to see how low the morale across the company is.

Interview Questions
    • There weren't many technical questions, mostly behavioral "tell me about yourself" type of questions. Right now they are so lost as far research and analytics goes, that they don't know what to ask really.   Answer Question
    Uneventful. The only thing I wish I had negotiated was 5 weeks PTO instead of 4, since they offer only 8 holidays/year. They say they close during x-mas week, but if you think about it that's only 3 days PTO, since most companies holiday x-mas day, eve and jan 1st anyway. Sick days come out of your PTO time. Per company policy 12 years of experience yields 5 weeks PTO.

Mechanical Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lake Forest, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lake Forest, CA

I applied online – interviewed at Alcon.

it was good.very detailed technical questions.

R&D Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fort Worth, TX

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Alcon.

I applied on their website and sent my resume. A week later I was called by HR for a phone interview. A week later they made me an offer.

Interview Questions
    • Do you know how to use MATLAB and any CAD software preferably Solidworks?   View Answer
    No negotiation available.