Alcon

42 candidate interviews
Relevance Date Difficulty

Manager Interview

Manager

I applied through an employee referral - interviewed at Alcon in August 2010.

Interview Details – Interviewed with GM, Department Manager and Senior Management Team in one location and then was interviewed at corporate offices with Division Manager and Corporate officers. The interview process was 1:1, group and during lunches and dinners. I was offered the opportunity to then select employees from both locations to interview and determine for myself how the employees value their work experiences and compensation.

Interview Question – What are your goals for the first week, 6 months and 1 year for doing this job?   Answer Question

CTDM Specialist Interview

CTDM Specialist

Interviewed at Alcon

Interview Details – Contract position--interviewed with recruiter over the phone, then interviewed with CTDM manager over the phone, then in person with CTDM manager and 2 other managers. It was a pretty intense interview!

Interview Question – I cannot remember any questions in particular, but there were a lot of behavioral and experience based questions.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – There was no negotiation.

Manager Interview

Manager
Fort Worth, TX

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 5 weeks - interviewed at Alcon in March 2013.

Interview Details – Very casual conversation. If you get an interview, it is all about fit because they already have a high confidence that your skills match the job. It is chaos to get them organized.

Negotiation Details – Negotiate salary and PTO days. If they want you, they will meet your demands.

We want your feedback – Is this interview information helpful to you?  Yes | No

Very Easy Interview

R&D Intern Interview

R&D Intern
Atlanta, GA

I applied through college or university and the process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at Alcon in March 2013.

Interview Details – Just one interview on campus which was really easy. Straightfoward, behavioral questions and barely any technical questions. Short interview with two interviewers.

Interview Question – State three things you try to focus on when writing a piece of computer code.   Answer Question

Tech Interview

Tech

The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Alcon.

Interview Details – Just asked job related question.

Interview Question – Nothing really stood out as a difficult question   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Intern

Interview Details – behavioral interview
typical questions like talk about youself, describe a mistake you made in teamwork

Interview Question – not really difficult   Answer Question

Compliance Manager Interview

Compliance Manager
Fort Worth, TX

The process took 2 months - interviewed at Alcon.

Interview Details – telephone interview with 3rd party recruiter followed by telephone interview with hiring manager and on site interview with 5 additional people.

Medical Sales Representative Interview

Medical Sales Representative

Interviewed at Alcon

Interview Details – The first interview I had was very casual. The interviewer asked me questions and then built upon my answers.

Interview Question – What is a goal that you have right now and what are you doing to get there?   Answer Question

Data Entry W/Other Duties Interview

Data Entry W/Other Duties
Fort Worth, TX

I applied in-person and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Alcon.

Interview Details – 29 years ago...so not really applicable today

Interview Question – met with HR, then was called back to meet position-related individuals   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – I accepted without reservation...no negotiation

Any Interview

Any
Fort Worth, TX

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 3+ months - interviewed at Alcon in January 2012.

Interview Details – Very slow and multi- layered. There are interviews with the coworkers, the manager... they are the ones that count. But you have to get through the recruiter first and then there is the HR interview. The entire process can take more than 3 months to get hired.

Interview Question – What is something your passionate about?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – I didn't negotiate, just took what was offered.

Worked for Alcon? Contribute to the Community!