Alcon

2.9

Finance Interview

Anonymous Employee in Sinking Spring, PA
    Anonymous Employee in Sinking Spring, PA

I applied online – interviewed at Alcon in November 2013.

Canned challenging questions, seem to follow a format Interview with management, HR, peers, and co-workers.

Interview Questions
    • Which are you, A Psychopath or Sociopath.   View Answer

Medical Sales Representative Interview

The first interview I had was very casual. The interviewer asked me questions and then built upon my answers.

Interview Questions
    • What is a goal that you have right now and what are you doing to get there?   Answer Question

Data Entry W/Other Duties Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fort Worth, TX

I applied in-person. The process took a weekinterviewed at Alcon.

29 years ago...so not really applicable today

Interview Questions
    • met with HR, then was called back to meet position-related individuals   Answer Question
    I accepted without reservation...no negotiation

Quality Engineer Interview

I applied online. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at Alcon.

phone interviews with recruiter & manager, then one on one interviews with 5 people from director, manager, HR and team leads.

Financial Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fort Worth, TX

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Alcon in June 2013.

You have to be well prepare for a phone interview. It is a first gate that you have to answer clearly and specifically. When you have to interview with the manager you will be asked to demonstrate your ability to use excel.

Nothing special.

Maintenance Technician Interview

Anonymous Employee in Fort Worth, TX
    Anonymous Employee in Fort Worth, TX

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Alcon in June 2013.

Quick phone interview with manager. In-person consisted of HR, then a panel of 3 maintenance employees. We primarily discussed work habits & procedures related to communications/recordkeeping instead of technical "gotcha" questions. Next was the supervisor, who gave an excellent tour of the plant and the duties that would be performed on the job. Waiting for offer now & hoping.

Interview Questions
    • When was the last time your integrity on the job was questioned and how did you handle it?   Answer Question

Global Market Science Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fort Worth, TX

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Alcon in June 2013.

It was extremely fast, the whole process took 4 weeks and I was an out of state candidate. I thought it was strange that they did not ask me any technical questions and I did not interview/had lunch with fellow researchers. Later on I came to realize, they did not want me to see how low the morale across the company is.

Interview Questions
    • There weren't many technical questions, mostly behavioral "tell me about yourself" type of questions. Right now they are so lost as far research and analytics goes, that they don't know what to ask really.   Answer Question
    Uneventful. The only thing I wish I had negotiated was 5 weeks PTO instead of 4, since they offer only 8 holidays/year. They say they close during x-mas week, but if you think about it that's only 3 days PTO, since most companies holiday x-mas day, eve and jan 1st anyway. Sick days come out of your PTO time. Per company policy 12 years of experience yields 5 weeks PTO.

Mechanical Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Lake Forest, CA
    Anonymous Employee in Lake Forest, CA

I applied online – interviewed at Alcon.

it was good.very detailed technical questions.

R&D Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fort Worth, TX

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Alcon.

I applied on their website and sent my resume. A week later I was called by HR for a phone interview. A week later they made me an offer.

Interview Questions
    • Do you know how to use MATLAB and any CAD software preferably Solidworks?   View Answer
    No negotiation available.

Internship Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Alcon.

I had 2 phone interviews.one is HR,another is Technical.They called me for an onsite interview.Again I had a interview with one software teamlead

Interview Questions
    • About SQL,triggers,oracles,all database related questions and about the projects on resume   Answer Question