Alcon Interview Questions

Updated Apr 13, 2015
Updated Apr 13, 2015

2.9

Accountant Interview

Interview

Met with HR, Manager, Controller, individuals I would be working with, and managers of other departments. Had to submit a caliper.

Interview Questions

• I was asked if I was a Psychopath or a Sociopath by a manager.   1 Answer

Intern Interview

Interview

behavioral interview
    typical questions like talk about youself, describe a mistake you made in teamwork

Information Technology Internship Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Alcon (Dallas, TX) in February 2014.

Interview

Applied online, received an email stating that interview was going to happen via phone or you can come visit the onsite location. Alcon rep was extremely nice and I was fortunate to be able to meet he/she in person because he/she visited my town because of her daughter going to the same school as I.

Interview was very casual, asked basic interview questions, interests in what type of opportunities and such and why you would want an internship.

Received an email a few weeks afterwards to conduct a second interview.
    But I declined due to accepting another position elsewhere.

Interview Questions

• What languages do you know pertaining to this internship? --was really the only technical question   Answer Question

Compliance Manager Interview

Application

The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Alcon (Fort Worth, TX).

Interview

telephone interview with 3rd party recruiter followed by telephone interview with hiring manager and on site interview with 5 additional people.

Finance Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Alcon (Sinking Spring, PA) in November 2013.

Interview

Canned challenging questions, seem to follow a format Interview with management, HR, peers, and co-workers.

Interview Questions

• Which are you, A Psychopath or Sociopath.   1 Answer

Interview

The first interview I had was very casual. The interviewer asked me questions and then built upon my answers.

Interview Questions

• What is a goal that you have right now and what are you doing to get there?   Answer Question

Data Entry W/Other Duties Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a weekinterviewed at Alcon (Fort Worth, TX).

Interview

29 years ago...so not really applicable today

Interview Questions

• met with HR, then was called back to meet position-related individuals   Answer Question

Negotiation

I accepted without reservation...no negotiation

Quality Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at Alcon.

Interview

phone interviews with recruiter & manager, then one on one interviews with 5 people from director, manager, HR and team leads.

Financial Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Alcon (Fort Worth, TX) in June 2013.

Interview

You have to be well prepare for a phone interview. It is a first gate that you have to answer clearly and specifically. When you have to interview with the manager you will be asked to demonstrate your ability to use excel.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Nothing special.

Maintenance Technician Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Alcon (Fort Worth, TX) in June 2013.

Interview

Quick phone interview with manager. In-person consisted of HR, then a panel of 3 maintenance employees. We primarily discussed work habits & procedures related to communications/recordkeeping instead of technical "gotcha" questions. Next was the supervisor, who gave an excellent tour of the plant and the duties that would be performed on the job. Waiting for offer now & hoping.

Interview Questions

• When was the last time your integrity on the job was questioned and how did you handle it?   Answer Question