Getting an Interview
Getting an Interview
Interviews for Top Jobs at Alcon
- Sales (4)
- Manager (3)
- Medical Sales Representative (3)
- Sales Representative (3)
- R&D Intern (2)
- Internship (2)
- Analyst (2)
- CTDM Specialist (2)
- Labeling Specialist (1)
- Senior Technologist I (1)
- R&D Engineering Intern (1)
- Co - Op (1)
- Data Warehousing (1)
- Professional Sales Associate (1)
- Systems Engineer LensX (1)
- Data Entry W/Other Duties (1)
- Compliance Scientist (1)
- Global Market Science Manager (1)
- Any (1)
- Tech (1)
- Scientist (1)
- IT Analyst (1)
- Engineer II (1)
- IT Internship (1)
- Intern (1)
- IT (1)
- Buyer (1)
- Marketing (1)
- Contract Analyst (1)
- Pharmaceutical Sales (1)
Met with HR, Manager, Controller, individuals I would be working with, and managers of other departments. Had to submit a caliper.
- I was asked if I was a Psychopath or a Sociopath by a manager. 1 Answer
- Declined OfferPositive ExperienceEasy InterviewDeclined OfferPositive ExperienceEasy Interview
I applied online. The process took 2+ months – interviewed at Alcon (Dallas, TX) in February 2014.
Applied online, received an email stating that interview was going to happen via phone or you can come visit the onsite location. Alcon rep was extremely nice and I was fortunate to be able to meet he/she in person because he/she visited my town because of her daughter going to the same school as I.
Interview was very casual, asked basic interview questions, interests in what type of opportunities and such and why you would want an internship.
Received an email a few weeks afterwards to conduct a second interview.
But I declined due to accepting another position elsewhere.
- What languages do you know pertaining to this internship? --was really the only technical question Answer Question
The process took 2+ months – interviewed at Alcon (Fort Worth, TX).
telephone interview with 3rd party recruiter followed by telephone interview with hiring manager and on site interview with 5 additional people.
- No OfferNegative ExperienceAverage InterviewNo OfferNegative ExperienceAverage Interview
I applied online – interviewed at Alcon (Sinking Spring, PA) in November 2013.
Canned challenging questions, seem to follow a format Interview with management, HR, peers, and co-workers.
- Which are you, A Psychopath or Sociopath. 1 Answer
The first interview I had was very casual. The interviewer asked me questions and then built upon my answers.
- What is a goal that you have right now and what are you doing to get there? Answer Question
- Accepted OfferPositive ExperienceAverage InterviewAccepted OfferPositive ExperienceAverage Interview
I applied in-person. The process took a week – interviewed at Alcon (Fort Worth, TX).
29 years ago...so not really applicable today
- met with HR, then was called back to meet position-related individuals Answer Question
I accepted without reservation...no negotiation
- No OfferNeutral ExperienceAverage InterviewNo OfferNeutral ExperienceAverage Interview
I applied online. The process took 3+ months – interviewed at Alcon.
phone interviews with recruiter & manager, then one on one interviews with 5 people from director, manager, HR and team leads.
- STAR interview questions Answer Question
- Accepted OfferPositive ExperienceDifficult InterviewAccepted OfferPositive ExperienceDifficult Interview
I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks – interviewed at Alcon (Fort Worth, TX) in June 2013.
You have to be well prepare for a phone interview. It is a first gate that you have to answer clearly and specifically. When you have to interview with the manager you will be asked to demonstrate your ability to use excel.
- What's your future plan? Answer Question
- No OfferPositive ExperienceAverage InterviewNo OfferPositive ExperienceAverage Interview
I applied online. The process took a week – interviewed at Alcon (Fort Worth, TX) in June 2013.
Quick phone interview with manager. In-person consisted of HR, then a panel of 3 maintenance employees. We primarily discussed work habits & procedures related to communications/recordkeeping instead of technical "gotcha" questions. Next was the supervisor, who gave an excellent tour of the plant and the duties that would be performed on the job. Waiting for offer now & hoping.
- When was the last time your integrity on the job was questioned and how did you handle it? Answer Question
Is this helpful? The community relies on everyone sharing – Add Anonymous Interview Review
See What Alcon Employees Are Saying
3 people found this helpful
Pros: “Great pay, great benefits, and at the site I am at, definitely focused on developing the talent that they have.” “Great pay, great benefits, and at the site I am at, definitely focused on developing the talent that they have.” – Full Review