Alcon

2.8

Co - Op Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Irvine, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Irvine, CA

The process took a dayinterviewed at Alcon in November 2010.

It was an on-campus interview for a co-op position. 1:1 interview with 2 different employees from different departments. General questions, nothing technical:
    Why do you want to work at Alcon ?
    Where do you see yourself in 10 years ?
    What are your weaknesses and strengths ?

Manager Interview

I applied through an employee referral – interviewed at Alcon in August 2010.

Interviewed with GM, Department Manager and Senior Management Team in one location and then was interviewed at corporate offices with Division Manager and Corporate officers. The interview process was 1:1, group and during lunches and dinners. I was offered the opportunity to then select employees from both locations to interview and determine for myself how the employees value their work experiences and compensation.

Interview Questions
    • What are your goals for the first week, 6 months and 1 year for doing this job?   Answer Question

Manufacturing Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Huntington, WV
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Huntington, WV

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Alcon in July 2010.

Great people... Met with future peers as well as members of HR. Looking forward to getting onboard

Interview Questions
    Not much. Hope to have some leeway with relocation allowance

Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fort Worth, TX

I applied online. The process took 7 weeksinterviewed at Alcon in May 2010.

I applied for an analyst position online. It took about four weeks before i heard back from the company. The interview was scheduled the next week. The hiring manager brought me in for an interview, asked me a few questions about me, and then basically spent most of the time talking about the position. Based on the details described about the job, I thought I was very qualified for it. But it seems, based on a conversation with a friend who works there, that the company typically doesn't like hiring from the outside unless someone higher up already knows you. After waiting nearly two weeks, i found out that they had hired someone else from inside the company (i heard from my friend).

Interview Questions
    • Besides the whole "why do you want to work here" stuff, I got some questions about my background and where I worked before. I didn't get really any direct questions that were considered hard. Instead, the manager spent most of his time talking about the position but he never asked about my qualifications or experience for the job. I think he just liked hearing himself talk.   Answer Question

Sales Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Phila, PA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Phila, PA

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a weekinterviewed at Alcon in November 2009.

The manager contacted me via phone to set up an interview after she had received my resume through an employee referral. The face to face interview was conducted by the hiring manager. She went through my resume and looked through my brag book as well as asking STAR (Situation Task Action Result) formatted questions.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about a time when several people convinced you to try a new way of selling a customer.   Answer Question

Sales Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pittsburgh, PA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pittsburgh, PA

The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Alcon in November 2009.

the process was drawn out...like always! I was contacted by a recruiter then invited to a live interview. He was very interested in sales documentation. I spent a lot of time compiling a brag book and it was still not enough. I was invited back for a second interview but had to compile a second brag book!

Machine Operator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Millville, NJ
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Millville, NJ

I applied in-person. The process took a dayinterviewed at Alcon in September 2009.

General interviwing process, nothing out of the ordinary.

salary too low.

Senior Scientist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fort Worth, TX

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Alcon in July 2009.

Initial phone screen with typical background questions. Invited for onsite interview which consisted of meeting six individuals and giving a technical presentation to small group of relevant people. All pretty standard for industry and this position.

Compliance Scientist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Brussels (Belgium)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Brussels (Belgium)

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Alcon in March 2014.

First interview by phone, a week later personal interview an than a written test. These steps were executed by an external HR company. The written test was a 2-3 hours computer test. there were three questions base on a case. First explain the production process of an eye drop, second discuss some analytical results an third make an e-mail were you present yourself an explain a problem to a colleage in the US. There are some hoaxes in the analytical results.

Interview Questions
    • Present yourself briefly in the e-mail, the test is well suited for people with good written skills but is hard for people with a more oral attitude. It's not clear how original and inventive or compliant to their methods they want you to be.   View Answer

Analyst Interview

Regular process of HR calling for interview.
    Usually interviewer will be from US
    Questions are direct