Alcon

Relevance Date Difficulty

Manufacturing Interview

Manufacturing
Huntington, WV

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Alcon in July 2010.

Interview Details – Great people... Met with future peers as well as members of HR. Looking forward to getting onboard

Interview Question – How would you describe your leadership style   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Not much. Hope to have some leeway with relocation allowance

Analyst Interview

Analyst
Fort Worth, TX

I applied online and the process took 7 weeks - interviewed at Alcon in May 2010.

Interview Details – I applied for an analyst position online. It took about four weeks before i heard back from the company. The interview was scheduled the next week. The hiring manager brought me in for an interview, asked me a few questions about me, and then basically spent most of the time talking about the position. Based on the details described about the job, I thought I was very qualified for it. But it seems, based on a conversation with a friend who works there, that the company typically doesn't like hiring from the outside unless someone higher up already knows you. After waiting nearly two weeks, i found out that they had hired someone else from inside the company (i heard from my friend).

Interview Question – Besides the whole "why do you want to work here" stuff, I got some questions about my background and where I worked before. I didn't get really any direct questions that were considered hard. Instead, the manager spent most of his time talking about the position but he never asked about my qualifications or experience for the job. I think he just liked hearing himself talk.   Answer Question

Sales Interview

Sales
Pittsburgh, PA

The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Alcon in November 2009.

Interview Details – the process was drawn out...like always! I was contacted by a recruiter then invited to a live interview. He was very interested in sales documentation. I spent a lot of time compiling a brag book and it was still not enough. I was invited back for a second interview but had to compile a second brag book!

Interview Questions

Senior Scientist Interview

Senior Scientist
Fort Worth, TX

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 2 months - interviewed at Alcon in July 2009.

Interview Details – Initial phone screen with typical background questions. Invited for onsite interview which consisted of meeting six individuals and giving a technical presentation to small group of relevant people. All pretty standard for industry and this position.

Interview Question – Did you really do all this work?   Answer Question

Sales Interview

Sales
Phila, PA

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Alcon in November 2009.

Interview Details – The manager contacted me via phone to set up an interview after she had received my resume through an employee referral. The face to face interview was conducted by the hiring manager. She went through my resume and looked through my brag book as well as asking STAR (Situation Task Action Result) formatted questions.

Interview Question – Tell me about a time when several people convinced you to try a new way of selling a customer.   Answer Question

Machine Operator Interview

Machine Operator
Millville, NJ

I applied in-person and the process took a day - interviewed at Alcon in September 2009.

Interview Details – General interviwing process, nothing out of the ordinary.

Interview Question – Was asked availability, shift choice.   View Answer

Reason for Declining – salary too low.

Compliance Scientist Interview

Compliance Scientist
Brussels (Belgium)

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Alcon in March 2014.

Interview Details – First interview by phone, a week later personal interview an than a written test. These steps were executed by an external HR company. The written test was a 2-3 hours computer test. there were three questions base on a case. First explain the production process of an eye drop, second discuss some analytical results an third make an e-mail were you present yourself an explain a problem to a colleage in the US. There are some hoaxes in the analytical results.

Interview Question – Present yourself briefly in the e-mail, the test is well suited for people with good written skills but is hard for people with a more oral attitude. It's not clear how original and inventive or compliant to their methods they want you to be.   View Answer

Internship Interview

Internship

I applied through college or university and the process took a day - interviewed at Alcon in September 2010.

Interview Details – cv shortlist
telephonic round

Interview Question – knowledge about market research process   Answer Question

Analyst Interview

Analyst

Interviewed at Alcon

Interview Details – Regular process of HR calling for interview.
Usually interviewer will be from US
Questions are direct

Interview Question – No difficult questions, most of them are direct   Answer Question

Medical Sales Representative Interview

Medical Sales Representative

I applied through a recruiter and interviewed at Alcon.

Interview Details – Your presentation, specific cases of current job, your expectations are,

Interview Question – recounts the case of successful, why hire you   Answer Question

Interviews for Top Jobs at Alcon