Alcon

2.8

Mechanical Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Lake Forest, CA
    Anonymous Employee in Lake Forest, CA

I applied online – interviewed at Alcon.

it was good.very detailed technical questions.

Systems Engineer LensX Interview

Anonymous Employee in Aliso Viejo, CA
    Anonymous Employee in Aliso Viejo, CA

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Alcon in January 2013.

One on one interview with 5 people ranging from junior to senior level. Interviewing went right through lunch with no lunch break. Make sure to take a snack. Last portion of interview involved tour of manufacturing area. Good time to remember all that you have researched about the company to keep the conversation rolling with the interviewer.

Interview Questions
    • One of the interviewers gave me an electrical circuit to analyze. As I did not realize I would have to troubleshoot down to the component level I stumbled a few times during this phase of the interview. If I had known ahead of time I would have brushed up on transistor theory. Also, be able to explain near and far field diffraction.   Answer Question

Electronic Technician Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Irvine, CA

I applied through a staffing agency – interviewed at Alcon in July 2012.

I was hired through manpower temporary services. My manager didn't really ask me any questions in the interview just showed me around the company.

Interview Questions
    My temp agency told me what I would be getting paid before I even went into the interview.

R&D Engineering Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in Irvine, CA

I applied through college or university. The process took a dayinterviewed at Alcon in March 2012.

Received an email from Alcon asking me to schedule an interview time with them through my college's jobsite. It was an on-campus interview. I spoke to 2 people separately. I first spoke with an engineer who asked me mostly about points on my resume. He asked what I was most and least confident and comfortable with. Next I spoke to someone from HR, who asked me personality questions: weaknesses, what I am proud of, why I want to work at Alcon, etc.

I thought things went well, but there were plenty of candidates and I did not get an internship with them.

Interview Questions
    • What skill on your resume are you the least comfortable with?   Answer Question

Manufacturing Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Irvine, CA

The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at Alcon in November 2011.

It was an on campus interview for a coop position, consisted with 2 1:1 back to back interviews and followed by a phone interview around 10 days later. It mainly consisted about the resume and the projects done with some general HR questions.

Co - Op Interview

Anonymous Employee in Irvine, CA

The process took a dayinterviewed at Alcon in November 2010.

It was an on-campus interview for a co-op position. 1:1 interview with 2 different employees from different departments. General questions, nothing technical:
    Why do you want to work at Alcon ?
    Where do you see yourself in 10 years ?
    What are your weaknesses and strengths ?