Aldo

Getting the Interview

87 candidate interviews
Relevance Date Difficulty

Store Manager Interview

I applied in-person and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Aldo.

Interview Details – As long as you're trendy and have a personality.

Interview Question – During interviews they look for people who can withhold a conversation without being awkward or over the top. Real people   Answer Question

Sales Associate

I applied in-person and the process took a day - interviewed at Aldo.

Interview Details – Walked in and asked for an application. The manager was at the store so he talked to me on the spot about the position. He asked basic questions and briefly looked over the application. I realized it was an interview on the spot. Then he asked me to come in sometime that week to do paperwork.

Interview Question – Sell me a pair of shoes.   Answer Question

Interviewed at Aldo

Interview Details – They ask you to MANY Questions!

Interview Question – "How will you help this company grow?"   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – You will work hard for little pay!

Very Easy Interview

Store Manager
Cabazon, CA

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Aldo in January 2010.

Interview Details – Put up for promotion from my DM and met with the RM and DM of the new location. Traveled to the new store and met some of the staff including the current SM. Very basic interview with no hard hitting questions. Had 1 interview and was offered the job 4 days later.

Interview Question – What is the first thing you are to do as soon as you come in for work on your first day with your official new title?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – No negotiation needed. Aim high.

Sales Associate

I applied in-person and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Aldo.

Interview Details – The interviewer, the manager, took us (it was a group interview, only two of us tho) to the food court in the mall and just asked us basic questions, why we wanna work there, previous job experience, past pay rate at other jobs, availability, and whatnot. very relaxed and easy interview, only took about 10 minutes

Interview Question – literally none. the interviewer asked every cliche interview question they prepare you for   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – no negotiation .. was started 50 cents above minimum wage, i asked if there was any way that could be raised, i was told possibly with hard work and yadda yadda, but rest assured, the only way you are gonna get paid more is if you get promoted. which you most likely wont. and even then the difference is unsubstantial.

Assistant Manager Interview

Assistant Manager

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 3 days - interviewed at Aldo in March 2013.

Interview Details – I was referred by a friend and received a call the next day to set up an interview. The interview was with 2 store managers. They asked the typical interview questions with a few pertaining to retail. As long as you're high energy and know about the current fashion trends, you are golden.

Negotiation Details – I negotiated with them and got my hourly raised $2.00.

Assistant Manager Interview

Assistant Manager
Baltimore, MD

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at Aldo in October 2013.

Interview Details – Almost as insulting as my interview with Urban Outfitters:

Applied for the position via Indeed.com, and I was contacted later than evening by the Store Manager to come in for an interview the following day. Everything seemed to be going well until it came time to talk about my experience. Well I did just that, I told her each employer I worked for, my position and duties, and how long I had each position for. After I gave her a run-down of my 5+ years of retail management experience, she then told me she was looking for someone with more experience. This really ticked me off, as the job listing stated a minimum of 2 years was needed for the position. However, I kept my cool, but I did come out and asked her directly "well how many years of management experience are you looking for?" I don't even remember her answer, because it was baloney. She also said something like "I need to make sure I can trust the person I am hiring, because they will essentially be the Store Manager when I am not here." Apparently, my 3 prior managers who hired my as a Supervisor or Manager wasn't good enough for her. At the end, she tried to offer me a Keyholder position. I told her I would think about it, but I already said no in my head right after she asked. The interview took about 5 minutes.

Interview Question – None. She essentially decided I was no good from the beginning, despite my years of experience, so there were no relevant questions.   Answer Question

Store Manager

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 4 days - interviewed at Aldo in April 2013.

Interview Details – Two store managers interviewed me, one was extremely rude and the other was nice. They asked about current trends and how I would classify them, previous job experience and what my selling techniques are.

Atlanta, GA

I applied in-person and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Aldo in September 2013.

Interview Details – I attended a group interview during seasonal hiring time. The questions asked were mostly situation scenarios which I found easy to answer because they were mostly about moral right and wrongs. My experience in sales, knowledge of current fashion, and desire for career advancement landed me a permanent sales position rather than seasonal.

Interview Question – I was asked who I found to be the most influential person in history. It wasn't difficult to answer and I found it to be a smart question.. It was only unexpected   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – I was only able to get 50 cents more than the starting pay ($8 to $8.50), but I accepted since I am already being trained towards a management position

Katy, TX

I applied through other source and the process took 3 days - interviewed at Aldo in July 2013.

Interview Details – Me and a friend went to apply at Aldo during July and he got called in for an interview, except he had already taken another job, so he told them I could go instead. They said they had lost my application, so I went in the next day to fill one out, and the cashier told me to come to the group interview the next day.
Went in the next day and there was 5 girls waiting to be interviewed as well.
I was the only guy there, so I had anticipated that I would not do well compared to the girls. So then they hand us each a shoe and had us pick 2 items to match the shoe. I was given a women's heel shoe and picked a purse and earrings to match it.
They asked us typical questions like "Why do you want to work at Aldo?"
or "when was a time you gave good customer service"
then after my interview, they called me 30 minutes later to come back and fill out some paper work and they gave me a booklet to fill out my information and I started 3 days later.

Interview Question – Most difficult question was "why do you think you are suited for this job?" because I wasn't familiar with this store so much and I didn't think I would be able to interact well with customers.   Answer Question

Interviews for Top Jobs at Aldo

Worked for Aldo? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Aldo interview questions and advice. All 87 interview reviews posted anonymously by Aldo employees and interview candidates.